THP did not escrow desposits, records...

THP did not escrow desposits, records show

There are 56 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jul 11, 2009, titled THP did not escrow desposits, records show. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Rob Eckenrod and his wife bought into the promise of ''luxury and desirability intertwined in a truly breathtaking setting'' when they put $22,500 down on a Skippack Township home in March.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Freedom Fighters

Allentown, PA

#1 Jul 11, 2009
I wouldn't count on anything back. Bleedouts are common in that court.
Chris Casey

Allentown, PA

#2 Jul 11, 2009
I would check to see what is going on with the escrow accounts these builders have to set up with municipalities to guarantee completion of roads and such.
Some municipalities might not be carrying those escrow accounts on the books properly.
Brian B

Maple Shade, NJ

#3 Jul 11, 2009
a crooked builder? NO way ? lol lol
Let this be a lesson that these mcmansion builders are all crooks. FYI:$455,000 is NOT a luxury home in PA lol There are huge multi million dollar estates all over the state making the Eckenrods a more expensive dump.
The mcbuilders lead you to believe that your funny named mcneighborhood is something of quality. They are slapped together one after another with cheap materials.
nana

Easton, PA

#4 Jul 11, 2009
THP has ripped off so many people, and the court continues to allow it. If they didn't follow the escrow law what makes anybody think the financing they have obtained will be used for the correct purpose? I don't understand how any lawmaker can allow this farce to continue. It's amazing how many of these people are either waiting for their home to be finished, their developments to be finished etc. and there sit the two brothers who masterminded this whole thing in their million dollar homes, driving their thousands of dollars vehicles and on top of that collecting a salary even during bankruptcy. They should have to sell their homes to pay back the people they ripped off and get a little jail time so they can sit in the library and familiarize themselves with the "escrow law" their attorney claims they are not familiar with. I guess that means if you're not familiar with the "law" that gives you an excuse to ignore it?
Brian B

Maple Shade, NJ

#6 Jul 11, 2009
I hate spigots: that is the "funny" part. One, these people dont check out the builder, Two: The people selling this crap mesmerizes them with these staged pieces of cr*p Three: the builder is living a great life with their money.
Most of these people are mortgage broke: they can afford the mortgage but not to decorate etc them. I see in New Hope Pa BED SHEETS covering windows ! lol Some have cheap furniture and Lowes landscaping. It either dies or takes about 20 yrs to grow lol You couldnt PAY me to live in a mcneighborhood, future Slums ! lol
Dumb and Dumber

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Jul 11, 2009
Two brothers are smart enough to run a multi million dollar co. however do not understand a simple escrow rule. Get real! jail them in a mcprison.
Little Ignorant People

Bethlehem, PA

#8 Jul 11, 2009
I find it amazing how people are directing their anger toward the Courts and the Local Municipalities.(the anger should and appears to be directed to the Builder, which is good.) However..... the ones that are CULPABLE and RESPONSIBLE for this building and developing mess are the STATE LEGISLATORS AND GOVERNOR. Yes... the STATE. They are the ones that create the laws that the developers and builders hide behind. Pennsylvania is a NOTORIOUS developer/builder friendly state. Whenever a developer/builder gets into trouble because they are being held accountable, they run to a STATE LEGISLATOR with their powerful Associations and LOBBY for lesser control from the Courts and Municipalites and guess what? They get it. Right now there is state legislation being considered to "Water Down" the newly implemented state wide Building Code to be "builder friendly"!! When are you people going to learn, you need to direct a good portion of your ANGER to your STATE LEGISLATOR AND GOVERNOR to strengthen the laws to hold developers and builders accountable!!
redneck

Hellertown, PA

#9 Jul 11, 2009
finally a lawyer that is getting screwed LOL AWESOME
Unhappy in Lehigh

Northampton, PA

#10 Jul 11, 2009
THP attorney Natalie Ramsey wrote:
... that builders are unfamiliar with the law...
Hmm... doing construction business in the state and didn't research the construction laws... I suspect they knew about the law, but were playing "fast-and-loose" hoping to get away with it, not ever expecting to go Chapter 11...

Also sounds like the attorney just admitted guilt on behalf of her clients who should, and rightfully so, be slammed for breaking the law.
My View

Pottstown, PA

#11 Jul 11, 2009
Just another example of how laws don't mean anything unless they are enforced.
Ray Sist

Allentown, PA

#12 Jul 11, 2009
I hate spigots wrote:
What idiot would put $22,500 down on a house that's not even built yet! There are so many homes for sale that are already built and you don't need that much for the agreement of sale. Think people! Use your heads and not your materialistic ego.
Exactly, serves them right lol.
heeman

Schnecksville, PA

#13 Jul 11, 2009
nana wrote:
THP has ripped off so many people, and the court continues to allow it. If they didn't follow the escrow law what makes anybody think the financing they have obtained will be used for the correct purpose? I don't understand how any lawmaker can allow this farce to continue. It's amazing how many of these people are either waiting for their home to be finished, their developments to be finished etc. and there sit the two brothers who masterminded this whole thing in their million dollar homes, driving their thousands of dollars vehicles and on top of that collecting a salary even during bankruptcy. They should have to sell their homes to pay back the people they ripped off and get a little jail time so they can sit in the library and familiarize themselves with the "escrow law" their attorney claims they are not familiar with. I guess that means if you're not familiar with the "law" that gives you an excuse to ignore it?
Now you know why other builders call them the Mennonite Mafia!
riverratbond

Easton, PA

#14 Jul 11, 2009
redneck wrote:
finally a lawyer that is getting screwed LOL AWESOME
Thats right! Sorry Eckenrod...you spend your entire life screwing people out of their money, legal thieves they are, who sez justice doesn't come at one point or the other. These 'builders' took advantage of another Pa. law with no teeth.....call that bast#rd Rendell, see if his buddy 'ol big ears' in Washington, they may throw some of your tax money at it, since thats how they handle everything else....if you can catch him NOT at a press conference! Hows that 'change' & 'hope' working out for you.....a half a million people are still losing their jobs a WEEK.....hmmmm change....
THP Neighborhood Resident

Granger, IN

#15 Jul 11, 2009
I live in a THP neighborhood in Upper Macungie. When we bought our home, we researched the builder. We didn't hear much, if any, negative feedback from homeowners. We are fortunate that the bankruptcy didn't have an impact on us directly...we've been in our home for over 2 years. Please don't question my (and my neighbors') rationales for having a home built by THP....we didn't question why you bought/built the house you currently own.
From Bethlehem

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Jul 11, 2009
The courts had better be careful with how they handle this mess. If home buyers get slammed the State's reputation will suffer, other families will think twice before buying here and our housing market will never pick up again.
Amy D

Maple Shade, NJ

#17 Jul 11, 2009
THP Neighborhood Resident wrote:
I live in a THP neighborhood in Upper Macungie. When we bought our home, we researched the builder. We didn't hear much, if any, negative feedback from homeowners. We are fortunate that the bankruptcy didn't have an impact on us directly...we've been in our home for over 2 years. Please don't question my (and my neighbors') rationales for having a home built by THP....we didn't question why you bought/built the house you currently own.
You didnt hear much, if any, negative feedback ?
that is like being maybe pregnant lol
we question why u bought yr mcmansion bcse your builder is being outed as a crook. glad u r one of the "fortunate" Mcowners. FYI: I dont live in a massed produced all the same, stapled together box, thank God lol
Great

Center Valley, PA

#18 Jul 11, 2009
Amy D wrote:
<quoted text>
You didnt hear much, if any, negative feedback ?
that is like being maybe pregnant lol
we question why u bought yr mcmansion bcse your builder is being outed as a crook. glad u r one of the "fortunate" Mcowners. FYI: I dont live in a massed produced all the same, stapled together box, thank God lol
Agreed! I drive by those neighbborhoods and wonder what kind of sap would want to live in an overpriced crappy construction cookie cutter house...with a teeny tiny yard...that is right up the ass of the neighbor! Sounds like fun :)
ronald mcdonald

Maple Shade, NJ

#19 Jul 11, 2009
hey those are my mcmansions that u r talking about !
I go to a lot of trouble making sure they all look the same, all have plastic play sets (that kids never seem to be on), think of cutesy street and mcneighborhood names, cheap landscaping and poorly constructed decks that no one can sit on bcse there are NO trees. Stop by a Mcdonalds, mention you own a mcmansion and ill give u a free soft drink lol
Unbelievable

Pottstown, PA

#20 Jul 11, 2009
Wow, you people are cruel and heartless. Are you telling me that you research EVERYTHING before you buy it? You research where your socks are made before you buy the 8 pack at Target? You research where your cheese is manufactured before you buy it? How about toothpaste? Or vehicle tires? Paper towels? Soda? Bottled water?
Unbelievable

Pottstown, PA

#21 Jul 11, 2009
Great wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed! I drive by those neighbborhoods and wonder what kind of sap would want to live in an overpriced crappy construction cookie cutter house...with a teeny tiny yard...that is right up the **** of the neighbor! Sounds like fun :)
More fun than living in a sad, dilapidated piece of crap row home you probably live in...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Apple Family Dentistry (Jul '10) Oct 11 missingtooth 24
lamb foundation!! DO NOT GO!!!!!! (May '09) Jul '17 Tweetyg542 113
News Cosby's retrial on sex assault charges set for ... Jul '17 Zach 2
News Jury questions posed during Bill Cosby's sex as... Jun '17 Just Sayin 19
News Mistrial declared in Bill Cosby's criminal tria... Jun '17 SSSSSATIN 5
News Cosby judge declares mistrial as jury deadlocks... Jun '17 xra eyes 1
News FBI expands Allentown investigation to controve... (Dec '15) Dec '15 silly rabbit 1

Blue Bell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blue Bell Mortgages