Hillary Clinton in Horsham, John McCa...

Hillary Clinton in Horsham, John McCain in Blue Bell

There are 1 comment on the Philly.com News story from Oct 13, 2008, titled Hillary Clinton in Horsham, John McCain in Blue Bell. In it, Philly.com News reports that:

With only 22 days to go until election day, the presidential candidates and their surrogates are swarming Pennsylvania - a key battleground state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Philly.com News.

Mary

Columbia, MO

#1 Oct 14, 2008
In March of this year, my job in Columbia was terminated, and the nationally known design center in which I worked closed after being open in the same location for almost 40 years. It was one of many company closures throughout the country. You can see the building still vacant along with so many others in this town. Today, I am one of over 20,000 people in Missouri without the security of a job.

This week I helplessly saw my savings, those which should be for my retirement in 14 years, evaporate and heard that money I'll pay through taxes will now go toward paying off the debts of large corporations. This does not make sense for the middle class, of which I am a part.

I am voting for Barack Obama because he truly knows that it's time to stop having our soldiers go to Iraq and spending billions a month there and giving tax breaks to the wealth. I believe him when he says his administration will cut taxes on middle class families and reduce health care premiums. I believe that senior citizens will be honored again through tax relief and that privatizing Social Security, as John McCain has suggested, would make it vulnerable to greed and mismanagement. Obama's foreign, domestic, and energy policies, and so much more, demonstrate beliefs that I share; ones that exhibit that our United States can and should be better than it is now or would be under John McCain.

I believe that putting "country first" is demonstrated by selecting a running mate, like Joe Biden, who is educated in issues facing the United States of America and other nations. It scares me that John McCain chose (or was told to choose) Sarah Palin. He has the military mentality of "winning," rather than putting country first, as his ultimate goal! I think of all the immigrant ancestors, of the youth of our country, those who have fought so bravely in necessary wars of the past, and how ludicrous it is to have Sarah Palin in a position of power. She should not be successor to the Presidency of the United States.

This is MY country and McCain/Palin do not represent me or the values I have as a woman, Christian and U.S. citizen. I am offended in so many ways by the hatred and sarcastic ways of the McCain campaign. Arnold Conrad who spoke before McCain in Davenport does not represent me. The bombings by John McCain in Vietnam do not represent my definition of Pro-life or anti-terrorism. We should be reminded of those killed by his 23 fly-over bombings of the innocent children and people. Hero? Do we accuse him of being a terrorist?

I refuse to be silent anymore! I refuse to be suffocated by the old attitudes and hateful tactics! It is time for intelligent leadership, which Obama and Biden will deliver. They don't just tell us what we want to hear, or put a pretty face on it, they tell us what we all must do to help ourselves and country. We can start healing by electing them president and vice president of the United States.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lamb foundation!! DO NOT GO!!!!!! (May '09) Jan 9 Faith 109
News Alleged Delco Nostra leader waives preliminary ... (Nov '08) Dec 30 OPERATION GREYLORD 69
News Judge: Collection firm's fees illegal (Mar '08) Dec 30 OPERATION GREYLORD 48
News Lawyer: Cosby expects to be cleared and resume ... Dec '16 colon 3
News Pa. Education Dept.: School performance scores ... Dec '16 Poor Havana Is La... 20
Review: Sell-All-Cars COM LLC (Apr '15) Dec '16 stick 51
Sharon Fedak- Dennis Ridatti Nov '16 I have a life 14

Blue Bell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blue Bell Mortgages