Attorney's input on BOE...

There are 19 comments on the Sep 16, 2013, Watauga Democrat story titled Attorney's input on BOE.... In it, Watauga Democrat reports that:

County Attorney Stacy "Four" Eggers had influence on several polarizing Board of Elections resolutions proposed by his brother, Chairman Luke Eggers, new information confirms.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watauga Democrat.

wtf

Boone, NC

#1 Sep 18, 2013
What is going on at the BOE?
Bob

Boone, NC

#2 Sep 18, 2013
If Four is writing letters and signing them as Luke, and Luke is saying he wrote letters that Four actually wrote, neither of them should be in the positions that they are in.
concerned citizen

Hickory, NC

#3 Sep 18, 2013
disbarment!! ethics violation!! everybody knows Luke can't write.
Boone Concerned Citizen

Boone, NC

#4 Sep 19, 2013
serious question here Bob, what position are they in that they shouldn't be in?

I now Luke is in deep doo-doo, but what about Four?

please expound.

Thanks, your friend

the original Boone Concerned Citizen
Bob

Boone, NC

#5 Sep 19, 2013
Boone Concerned Citizen wrote:
serious question here Bob, what position are they in that they shouldn't be in?
I now Luke is in deep doo-doo, but what about Four?
please expound.
Thanks, your friend
the original Boone Concerned Citizen
County attorney.
Take off your hat

Boone, NC

#6 Sep 19, 2013
Time for new leadership in the local GOP. If this is not unlawful, it sure seems un-american. If the law says ASU students can vote here, then they should do so if they want to.

It looks like this has been going on for a long time. Does it get anymore easy to see than this.
http://blog.wataugawatch.net/2006/10/blust-on...

They don't want to count all the votes, they just want to count their votes. Somebody needs to "take off your hat".
Wataugate

Boone, NC

#7 Sep 20, 2013
joe

Boone, NC

#8 Sep 21, 2013
Be sure to register to vote !!
Boonie

Maiden, NC

#9 Sep 21, 2013
Much ado about nothing. You have a few foaming at the mouth local Democrats trying to make a scandal where none exists. They may have confused a few people who haven't looked behind the rhetoric but, for the most part, it's just the local Dem Machine churning out propaganda for the sheep.
The county attorney did nothing illegal, improper or unethical in assisting his brother. Do you people think that nobody ever offers help or advice to the Democrats as well?
Ridiculous!
joey

Boone, NC

#10 Sep 22, 2013
somebody's gonna loose their license!!
Wondering

Roan Mountain, TN

#11 Sep 22, 2013
Boonie wrote:
Much ado about nothing. You have a few foaming at the mouth local Democrats trying to make a scandal where none exists. They may have confused a few people who haven't looked behind the rhetoric but, for the most part, it's just the local Dem Machine churning out propaganda for the sheep.
The county attorney did nothing illegal, improper or unethical in assisting his brother. Do you people think that nobody ever offers help or advice to the Democrats as well?
Ridiculous!
It was not illegal, but it is improper and unethical. Could speak to their character.
boonie

Morganton, NC

#12 Sep 23, 2013
not illegal, not improper, not unethical. How is it any different that Stella Anderson (former BOE Chair) and the Pam W crowd "helping" Dem member Kathleen Cambell?
http://wataugarepubs.blogspot.com/2013/09/tem...
Joe Friday

Morganton, NC

#13 Sep 23, 2013
You need to look at some facts and do your own thinking. Letting the local Democrat wackos tell you what's going on instead of looking at the real facts is the reason you fall forthis propaganda. There is nothing wrong with someone giving advice to a family member.

Don't fall for rthe propaganda.....look at the facts for yourself!
Jeff

Boone, NC

#14 Sep 23, 2013
Joe Friday wrote:
You need to look at some facts and do your own thinking. Letting the local Democrat wackos tell you what's going on instead of looking at the real facts is the reason you fall forthis propaganda. There is nothing wrong with someone giving advice to a family member.
Don't fall for rthe propaganda.....look at the facts for yourself!
It was improper. It's not just a brother helping a brother. It is the county attorney giving advice to a board member, even though he is not allowed to do so without the other members present. Maybe he was off the clock and acting as a private citizen, but he was still technically the county attorney. Also, he was typing a letter and signing it as Luke while Luke was down the road in a meeting. That is about as sketchy as it gets.
Joe Friday

Morganton, NC

#15 Sep 23, 2013
Jeff...thanks for your post. An excellent demonstration of my point that commenters here are relying on the SPIN of the Democrat propaganda machine instead of the actual facts.
Four did NOT sign any letter with his brothers name. I challenge you to quote any news item anywhere that says he did. And, while you are at it, you might point out where you get the idea that he is not allowed to give advice to a board member. I believe you are probably confused by the fact that he does not advise individual board members while billing the county for that advice.

Sometimes it's difficult to tell if a poster here is trying to spin an issue in order to distort the facts and convince other readers that up is down....or, if a reader is just confused himself by all the propaganda he has been fed. I can't tell which category you are in.
Jeff

Boone, NC

#16 Sep 23, 2013
The Winston-Salem Journal was the one who reported about the time stamps and author of the things that were being written by Four.

And who gives a damn if he was billing or not. He is the county attorney. Luke is a board member. You can't put on your lawyer hat for one board member and not for another.
Joe Friday

Morganton, NC

#17 Sep 23, 2013
Wow, you really are clueless aren't you? You claim he SIGNED something and now are admitting that what you read in the paper is that he AUTHORED something.

I'm starting to think that you may be sincere in your beliefs and not just trying to spin a story to try to convince others.

I suppose that's good....stupidity is forgivable, dishonesty not so much..
ASU

Boone, NC

#18 Sep 24, 2013
So where can students register to vote?
New Leadership

Boone, NC

#19 Sep 24, 2013
http://imgur.com/gallery/dHjpT6K
Take off your hat wrote:
Time for new leadership in the local GOP. If this is not unlawful, it sure seems un-american. If the law says ASU students can vote here, then they should do so if they want to.
It looks like this has been going on for a long time. Does it get anymore easy to see than this.
http://blog.wataugawatch.net/2006/10/blust-on...
They don't want to count all the votes, they just want to count their votes. Somebody needs to "take off your hat".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7CdZOFuWWT4XX

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 (Sep '14) 10 min TSF 9,451
WOMEN POSTER's. beware of VICTOR! 33 min Libby IQ 01 12
Mexicans parking in front yard 34 min get a life 42
Brown Mountain Aliens 1 hr Alien Watcher 19
Libbbbby jonez 2 hr Smokeys fineist 1
Review: Hedrick Kepley Attorneys 2 hr flintstone 139
Panama City Spring Break 2015 5 hr sarabella 2
More from around the web

Blowing Rock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]