First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Eller

Lexington, NC

#1 Sep 3, 2013
It's sad to see a good restaurant filled with memories go downhill. This past year I've been very disappointed eating at the Red Pig. The owner/manager/whatever he might be, has succeeded with turning the place into trash. Never once have I seen any of the cooks wear gloves. Not to mention wipe their sweaty face with their hands then proceed to touch my food.
LOL

Lexington, NC

#2 Sep 3, 2013
LOL. How funny. My husband and I used to be regulars at the Red Pig. We ate there about twice a week until EVERY SINGLE TIME we ordered, our food was raw or something was completely messed up. Ha id rather eat Burger King every day for the rest of my life. At least you can "have it your way"
also

Holly Springs, NC

#3 Sep 3, 2013
Eller wrote:
It's sad to see a good restaurant filled with memories go downhill. This past year I've been very disappointed eating at the Red Pig. The owner/manager/whatever he might be, has succeeded with turning the place into trash. Never once have I seen any of the cooks wear gloves. Not to mention wipe their sweaty face with their hands then proceed to touch my food.
same way with city bbq in granite !
interesting

Black Mountain, NC

#4 Sep 5, 2013
Funny to hear you people say this, yet both the red pig and city bbq are still up and running and both doing really well. People wonder why local business can't thrive, its because sorry people like you can't do anything but complain.
horrible

Charlotte, NC

#5 Sep 10, 2013
Doing really well? You must not know the meaning of doing really well. I will never step foot in the Red Pig again. Filled with roaches, flies, and nasty food. The cooks look very very unprofessional and they must not enjoy their own food too much. Every time I've ate there the workers are on their ass eating takeout from somewhere else. The classy local businesses are the ones doing fine, not the trashy bug filled ones.
HAHA

Charlotte, NC

#6 Sep 10, 2013
Sitting on their ass eating takeout? Ha if they're not doing that then they're on their phones or being childish. I'm never able to get a drink refilled or a takeout box. No refill=no tip.
Duh

Banner Elk, NC

#7 Sep 10, 2013
horrible wrote:
and they must not enjoy their own food too much. Every time I've ate there the workers are on their ass eating takeout from somewhere else.
In all fairness, when you work in a restaurant day after day, the last thing you want to eat is that same food day after day - regardless of how good/bad it may be. You don't go to the same place to eat every day, which is what your comment implies you think they should do.
YUCK

Lexington, NC

#8 Sep 11, 2013
NASTY FOOD. Always raw.
NEVERAGAIN

Duncan, SC

#9 Sep 11, 2013
Can you say husbands not allowed? The waitress yesterday shook her skimpy butt around the whole time we were there. I understand tips are what you live on, but go to a sidewalk if that's what you have to do to receive a tip. I see why it's only old men eating there now.
hey now

Duncan, SC

#10 Sep 11, 2013
NEVERAGAIN wrote:
Can you say husbands not allowed? The waitress yesterday shook her skimpy butt around the whole time we were there. I understand tips are what you live on, but go to a sidewalk if that's what you have to do to receive a tip. I see why it's only old men eating there now.


Hey now, be nice, the waitresses are the only reason we eat there. Cut them some slack.
get over it

Lenoir, NC

#11 Sep 11, 2013
NEVERAGAIN wrote:
Can you say husbands not allowed? The waitress yesterday shook her skimpy butt around the whole time we were there. I understand tips are what you live on, but go to a sidewalk if that's what you have to do to receive a tip. I see why it's only old men eating there now.
No I cant say that because I am a grown man and I will damn well look at what I want when I want. Are you your husbands wife or his mother? You're the type that gives marriage a bad name, seriously what harm did it do? Was he going to come back later and take her in the bathroom or something? Get over yourself and your self consciousness, I bet you bitched at him all the way home.

As for everyone else bitching about the food, here is novel idea... dont eat there. Learn to cook or go to a fast food place like Mcdonalds where they always get your food correct, its not nasty with no roaches, the employees are college educated upstanding members of the community and the food is soooo tasty LMAO.

employees

Charlotte, NC

#12 Sep 12, 2013
Employees are college educated? I think not. One of the cooks just got out of jail for drug charges. The other half of the employees aren't old enough to go to college. The waitress might be 16 or 17.
hmm

Lenoir, NC

#13 Sep 12, 2013
employees wrote:
Employees are college educated? I think not. One of the cooks just got out of jail for drug charges. The other half of the employees aren't old enough to go to college. The waitress might be 16 or 17.
I see sarcasm is lost on you.
dumb

Lexington, NC

#14 Sep 12, 2013
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>I see sarcasm is lost on you.
I think they read that wrong and thought you meant the red pig employees. Lol
adam daly

United States

#15 Sep 15, 2013
Idk bout the red pig but the lil red pig infront of hannahs is actually better then hannahs....bbq wraps for $1, can't beat that
Seriously

Hickory, NC

#16 Sep 17, 2013
NEVERAGAIN wrote:
Can you say husbands not allowed? The waitress yesterday shook her skimpy butt around the whole time we were there. I understand tips are what you live on, but go to a sidewalk if that's what you have to do to receive a tip. I see why it's only old men eating there now.
Just because your thunder thighs can't squeeze into a pair of shorts doesn't mean that you need to be jealous of people who can. I truly feel sorry for your husband to have someone so controlling that they aren't allowed to eat at a BBQ joint just because the waitress wears shorts, trust me honey, if he really wanted to be looking for something, there a vast array of adult entertainment for free all over the Internet. It doesn't hurt anything if a waitress wear a pair of shorts.
Blitzkrieg

Marion, NC

#17 Sep 17, 2013
When I was there, one of the cooks began vomiting.I believe he was sick.While I applaud his zeal in coming to work while ill, I made a decision, that i would rather not eat while the cook was regurgitating everything he'd eaten in the last week, Anyway, I drove over to the Cookout, which was actually looking pretty good to me by then.
no no

Charlotte, NC

#18 Sep 18, 2013
Trashy. Trashy place of business, trashy workers, trashy everything. Every time we eat there the grade drops also, it's sad a fast food place can have a better reputation than a local business.
Thunder thighs

Charlotte, NC

#19 Sep 18, 2013
"Seriously"
Just because your thunder thighs can't squeeze into a pair of shorts doesn't mean that you need to be jealous of people who can. I truly feel sorry for your husband to have someone so controlling that they aren't allowed to eat at a BBQ joint just because the waitress wears shorts, trust me honey, if he really wanted to be looking for something, there a vast array of adult entertainment for free all over the Internet. It doesn't hurt anything if a waitress wear a pair of shorts."

Have you even took a look at the waitress there? No they may not be pushing 300 pounds but they sure as heck don't weight 120 either.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#20 Sep 18, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because your thunder thighs can't squeeze into a pair of shorts doesn't mean that you need to be jealous of people who can. I truly feel sorry for your husband to have someone so controlling that they aren't allowed to eat at a BBQ joint just because the waitress wears shorts, trust me honey, if he really wanted to be looking for something, there a vast array of adult entertainment for free all over the Internet. It doesn't hurt anything if a waitress wear a pair of shorts.
SO, you're saying you have an addiction to internet porn? That's too bad, dude.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Congress Passing Farts Rights Bill 47 min Fart News 1
I Farted & Had Quintuplets 9 hr Small farts big s... 2
Coyote Problem anyone? (Feb '11) 10 hr newtonc 16
Deadbeats on disability (Aug '12) 13 hr Seafood flatus 229
Today on Dr Oz - Ricky Martins Poo 14 hr Ricky Fartin 2
Flatus weather update: expect fart storms 17 hr Fartin Martin 2
Obama care replacement plan in 2 weeks! 17 hr Fartin Martin 6

Blowing Rock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blowing Rock Mortgages