Location hidden

#41 Nov 6, 2013
When is the election?
coming soon

Lenoir, NC

#42 Nov 6, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
When is the election?
This coming May I believe. That will be the Republican Primary between Wilson and Jones that will decide who is to run in next November. No one from the Democrats have came forth to announce they are running although it is a bit early, unless they needed a primary. I have heard that the CC Dems are for the most part behind Wilson because he has the best chance (so far) to unseat Jones.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#43 Nov 6, 2013
coming soon wrote:
<quoted text>This coming May I believe. That will be the Republican Primary between Wilson and Jones that will decide who is to run in next November. No one from the Democrats have came forth to announce they are running although it is a bit early, unless they needed a primary. I have heard that the CC Dems are for the most part behind Wilson because he has the best chance (so far) to unseat Jones.
Thanks, from what I've read, Jones is his own worst enemy.
scotty

Loudon, TN

#44 Nov 7, 2013
I agree that the sheriff should not be reelected. However Wilson is definitely not the right candidate. we need another candidate to run. Wilson has no experience or leadership. Wilson has no supervisor or management experience. Wilson has no experience and criminal or narcotics investigations. Wilson has no experience in personnel matters.
scotty

Loudon, TN

#45 Nov 7, 2013
Wilson will be easily influenced by the wrong people.To be to be sheriff.Wilson will be easily influenced by the wrong people. Wilson is a nice guy but he is not Sheriff material. please will another candidate run. It doesn't matter if its a Democrat Republican or independent please another run.
For Whom the Bell Tolls

Greer, SC

#46 Nov 7, 2013
That's why a sheriff doesn't do everything in the department and he picks good people to run those divisions. As far as personnel matters, it's not rocket science that if someone is doing something unethical or immoral get rid of them. Just don't put them on because they can get you votes. There again like in a previous post, those who are there now and do these things are scared to death because they know Wilson will clean house. That's why you keep bashing Wilson on being a supervisor and management experience. People can't handle a person with morals who have no tolerance for shenanigans.
say what?

Lenoir, NC

#47 Nov 7, 2013
scotty wrote:
Wilson will be easily influenced by the wrong people.To be to be sheriff.Wilson will be easily influenced by the wrong people. Wilson is a nice guy but he is not Sheriff material. please will another candidate run. It doesn't matter if its a Democrat Republican or independent please another run.
One reoccurring issue I see is concerns of Wilson being easily influenced. I think people tend to confuse Wilson's niceness with weakness. He is open to hearing all sides but he believes in doing the right thing. He is not weak as implied, but yes he does care about people. Also there are concerns of education, but don't forget, much of the training and education jones has came during his time as sheriff, not something he brought to the position with him. I guess the question is: with all the education and experience in office now, how is that working out??
Haywood

Lenoir, NC

#48 Nov 7, 2013
scotty wrote:
I agree that the sheriff should not be reelected. However Wilson is definitely not the right candidate. we need another candidate to run. Wilson has no experience or leadership. Wilson has no supervisor or management experience. Wilson has no experience and criminal or narcotics investigations. Wilson has no experience in personnel matters.
Jones doesn't have any experience in those areas either. To argue not to vote for Wilson because he doesn't have certain experiences is simply idiotic, Jones has proven to be incompetent and absent as a leader, so anyone with common sense, ethics and morals would be a welcome change. If it comes down to Wilson or Jones, the decision is easy, it will be Wilson.
say what?

Lenoir, NC

#49 Nov 7, 2013
For Whom the Bell Tolls wrote:
That's why a sheriff doesn't do everything in the department and he picks good people to run those divisions. As far as personnel matters, it's not rocket science that if someone is doing something unethical or immoral get rid of them. Just don't put them on because they can get you votes. There again like in a previous post, those who are there now and do these things are scared to death because they know Wilson will clean house. That's why you keep bashing Wilson on being a supervisor and management experience. People can't handle a person with morals who have no tolerance for shenanigans.
You make a valid point, just as corporate CEO's do not manage every aspect of a business, the real decision is who they surround themselves with that has the experience in each division.
blaze

Lenoir, NC

#50 Nov 7, 2013
scotty wrote:
I have to disagree as Wilson has a lot of different levels of experience, true enough he has had no actual bars on his collar but most of the imbeciles Jones put bars on had none previously and to top it off had lots of bad things in their files from previous departments yet he promoted them anyways. Wilson did create and manage CCSO's traffic/drug interdiction officer program when he was there, he wrote the grants and managed the entire thing. He was very productive and proactive with it. I watched the entire program fall apart after Lance left for the SHP and Jones lost all the state funding after the state found out the money wasn't being used as it was intended. As with most things out there they just dont care and its all about drawing a paycheck while putting the least amount of effort as possible to get it. Most officers have a "I dont give a sh!t" attitude as long as I am getting payed (and no one in the office is skimming my check) and can survive another election intact. The atmosphere that is fostered there is one of if you want to get ahead dont worry about job performance as long as you do you part politically.
blaze

Lenoir, NC

#51 Nov 7, 2013
Haywood wrote:
<quoted text>
Jones doesn't have any experience in those areas either. To argue not to vote for Wilson because he doesn't have certain experiences is simply idiotic, Jones has proven to be incompetent and absent as a leader, so anyone with common sense, ethics and morals would be a welcome change. If it comes down to Wilson or Jones, the decision is easy, it will be Wilson.
All true and Jones was just a desk jockey Lieutenant at Lenoir PD before he came over with Clark. After he came over he was an absent Major who only came around during training to fuss and cuss at everybody but most of the time stayed in his office staying out of the way. Most of the education Jones has received has been since he was at CCSO on the county dime instead of doing his job.
blaze

Lenoir, NC

#52 Nov 7, 2013
[QUOTE who="say what? "]<quoted text>
You make a valid point, just as corporate CEO's do not manage every aspect of a business, the real decision is who they surround themselves with that has the experience in each division.[/QUOTE]Wilson will have a hard time in this aspect only because the county rules wont allow him to fire but so many right after election in a single fiscal year, to prevent costly purges but he will have to target the most toxic ones first and they're several to pick from. It will be imperative for him to surround himself with people he can trust even if they themselves are not twenty plus year veterans. The fact is at CCSO there are no officers there with years of experience anymore, they were all ran off by Longo or they retired while they could get away. David Anderson is about the only exception but I think he is looking at only a few year until retirement. Its hard to get experienced officers to leave a job they have a lot of time in to come to a Sheriffs Office because of the uncertainty of a job every four years.
yep

Lenoir, NC

#53 Nov 7, 2013
I hope Lance takes it......then, just like THE ROCK did in the movie WALKING TALL, fire everyone!
Corrupt

Pittsburg, CA

#54 Nov 7, 2013
Lets talk experience for a bit. Currently, You have a Captain that was a trooper, got fired from shp for sex on duty and is now Captain over support services, really and you talk about Wilson and his experience and him being a trooper. You have another Captain who just left to become an asst fire chief at granite who came in later than Wilson who botched the Anderson case, really? You have another Captain who worked at the prison and is now over Investigations, really? You had another Captain who was able to resign after having sexual relations with numerous employees and had the same number of years as Wilson, really? You have another Captain who gets promoted from public info officer who does
not have a clue, really?? You have Lts up there being promoted at an average of 5-6 years on, really. Sgts up there getting promoted with 1-2 yrs. This is a lack if experience. And we talk about Wilsons experience? He is a near 20 yr vet with the tools needed. Quit hating this Christian man as this is the best we have seen come forth in years. I like the platform of morals first. Not sure thus dept has ever had this. Defin. not in many years. You do not have a point!!! You are clueless when it comes to service in law enforcement and you are lost. These public servants should be held to a higher standard. I believe Wilson will surround himself with well qualified moral individuals who will get this county back in track and if you are not with this you are on the losing side.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#55 Nov 7, 2013
There are some damn good deputies left there.Too bad they're getting the"guilt by association"thing.
scotty

Loudon, TN

#56 Nov 7, 2013
let me make myself clear. I do not support Jones for sheriff. I just don't think Wilson is a good candidate. His platform is that he is a Christian he is a highway patrolman and that he can run fast.Wilson has no leadership experience.what is his plans if he takes over. Who will his command staff be?
say what?

Lenoir, NC

#57 Nov 7, 2013
blaze wrote:
[QUOTE who="say what? "]<quoted text>
You make a valid point, just as corporate CEO's do not manage every aspect of a business, the real decision is who they surround themselves with that has the experience in each division. "

Wilson will have a hard time in this aspect only because the county rules wont allow him to fire but so many right after election in a single fiscal year, to prevent costly purges but he will have to target the most toxic ones first and they're several to pick from. It will be imperative for him to surround himself with people he can trust even if they themselves are not twenty plus year veterans. The fact is at CCSO there are no officers there with years of experience anymore, they were all ran off by Longo or they retired while they could get away. David Anderson is about the only exception but I think he is looking at only a few year until retirement. Its hard to get experienced officers to leave a job they have a lot of time in to come to a Sheriffs Office because of the uncertainty of a job every four years.
Anderson is well qualified I agree and even though the county has limitations involving personal, under NC state law, sheriffs dept have a broader scope of flexibility because deputies work "at the will of the sheriff" according to NC statues. He also can reassign duties as well. I personally think they are still many good personal at CCSD that would perform much differently if given new leadership and direction. I do not think it is as much about cleaning house but more about restructuring policy, procedures and the expectations that will be required by those working under Wilson
InTime

Lenoir, NC

#58 Nov 7, 2013
scotty wrote:
let me make myself clear. I do not support Jones for sheriff. I just don't think Wilson is a good candidate. His platform is that he is a Christian he is a highway patrolman and that he can run fast.Wilson has no leadership experience.what is his plans if he takes over. Who will his command staff be?
Relax...you are clearly an employee or family of an employee. The average citizen doesn't care who is command staff, they just want to know about the sheriff. But I can tell you that David Anderson is the only one that will remain in a supervisory position. David and Lance have talked and he knows this. The others will be moved to any vacant positions in the department and they will have a job and they will be held to the same standard as every other employee. As far as his plans, he will be there and actually lead the department, something Jones has never done....that proven leader label jones gave himself was the biggest joke ever!
watch your six

Lenoir, NC

#59 Nov 7, 2013
You can bet one thing is that many of them that are talking trash about Wilson at CCSO will be jumping on the band wagon next may as soon as the results come in. Its not just a few out there, its a lot of them from the top down. They will get a hard shock when Jones doesn't make it in the primary because many are convinced they have nothing to worry about. The command staff are watching their every move online and otherwise. As soon as the primary is over they will come in droves saying they were really supporting Wilson all along lol. They will try to weasel their way into corrupting Wilson's new administration but it wont happen.

The other thing Jones has started doing and will increase in force is trying to attack his current supporters. Its already happened to a degree but will only increase in intensity as they have nothing on Wilson to drag out of the closet. I know for sure Jones has already started on a few of his close supporters and is working on starting rumors in the Wilson camp to cause problems and drama. These guys are low to say the least and this election will not be pretty.
really

Barnwell, SC

#60 Nov 8, 2013
scotty wrote:
lance has a platform far greater than running fast. Yes he is a Christian, and very proud of it. Dig, look, search for it is a futile effort. He is clean and has ZERO skeletons. Lance is a leader. Lance is a moral man. Lance is not gullible. Lance can run fast, and always could. Lance is honorable and honest, hard working and above all a Christian. So may I say this gracefully....Nice try BJ! You gonna try and stir the pot? Prepare for yours to get stirred more. Jones platform is lies, scandal, cheat, cronies, and justifies it all with degrees (that Caldwell county footed the bill for btw). Well he can roll them up in a tiny roll and stick them up his butt...oh wait BJ's nose is in the way. My bad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Please list one good aspect of living in Lenoir NC (Aug '11) 12 min Ga girl 16
Review: Hedrick Kepley Attorneys 39 min Arnold Palmer 59
How many Americans have to die for Israel? 58 min SocialJusticeWarrior 48
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 (Sep '14) 1 hr SocialJusticeWarrior 6,867
total anarchy 2 hr SocialJusticeWarrior 635
Threesome 4 hr hhtread 5
Drug dealers (Aug '10) 6 hr so true 43
Blowing Rock Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Blowing Rock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:31 pm PST