Created by MoreGOP on Oct 27, 2013

1,308 votes

Click on an option to vote

Allen Jones

Lance Wilson

Really

La Grange, NC

#21 Nov 3, 2013
So since Wilson supposedly has people in his camp mudslinging, we should just keep the current sheriff? We should keep the current sheriff because your afraid of Wilson being a Christian? Sounds like we need to read up on what he believes on instead of going on hear say and what ifs. It really time for a change and I don't see anyone better suited to make it than Wilson. With all that has gone in at the Sheriffs Office in the last few years, most sheriffs would be impeached and out in jail. Anyone remember Sheriff Hage?!?!? Why don't we try to think outside of the box for a change and choose someone who isn't a typical sheriff. Let's pick someone who has fresh ideas for cleaning up the department and the county from cronyism.
Louie

Lenoir, NC

#22 Nov 3, 2013
Here is my thoughts..If you don't like North Carolina or the Bible belt. Get the hell out..Go back North where they kill each other. Bet the last word they say is God Help Me. Now back to the topic Who will you vote for? WILSON.
conflicted

Lenoir, NC

#23 Nov 3, 2013
Really wrote:
So since Wilson supposedly has people in his camp mudslinging, we should just keep the current sheriff? We should keep the current sheriff because your afraid of Wilson being a Christian? Sounds like we need to read up on what he believes on instead of going on hear say and what ifs. It really time for a change and I don't see anyone better suited to make it than Wilson. With all that has gone in at the Sheriffs Office in the last few years, most sheriffs would be impeached and out in jail. Anyone remember Sheriff Hage?!?!? Why don't we try to think outside of the box for a change and choose someone who isn't a typical sheriff. Let's pick someone who has fresh ideas for cleaning up the department and the county from cronyism.
That"s just it I am waiting and been waiting to hear what exactly Wilson is going to do to improve the Sheriffs Office. All I have heard out of his camp is what Jones has done wrong, well Ray Charles could point out all Jones had done wrong I dont need to hear all that as I already know the facts about Jones corrupt administration. We wont gain anything if we elect someone with no idea how to not only maintain but improve our Sheriffs Office. If Wilson has to rely on others to help him run it then we are back to the possibility of things getting out of control again when he isn't looking or buried knee deep typical admin paperwork.
I think Jones has lost his biggest problem when a certain Captain was finally let go, he was allowed to run the department into the ground, run good deputies off and hire friends and flunkies in their places. What took his place isn't a lot better but still not as bad as what was there before. Wilson will still have to deal with these same officers when he wins and county policy wont allow him to fire them all at least not at once thanks to Clark. Many of them will do all they can to undermine Wilson as many have already shown a grudge against him. If Jones had any sense he would go back over the records for the past several years and rehire many of the ones the former Captain ran off. If Jones wants to improve his reputation he is only as good as his deputies on the streets. If Wilson wins he will have a hard fight ahead of him just cleaning up the place and it will be costly.
Richard

Spruce Pine, NC

#24 Nov 3, 2013
conflicted wrote:
<quoted text>That"s just it I am waiting and been waiting to hear what exactly Wilson is going to do to improve the Sheriffs Office. All I have heard out of his camp is what Jones has done wrong, well Ray Charles could point out all Jones had done wrong I dont need to hear all that as I already know the facts about Jones corrupt administration. We wont gain anything if we elect someone with no idea how to not only maintain but improve our Sheriffs Office. If Wilson has to rely on others to help him run it then we are back to the possibility of things getting out of control again when he isn't looking or buried knee deep typical admin paperwork.
I think Jones has lost his biggest problem when a certain Captain was finally let go, he was allowed to run the department into the ground, run good deputies off and hire friends and flunkies in their places. What took his place isn't a lot better but still not as bad as what was there before. Wilson will still have to deal with these same officers when he wins and county policy wont allow him to fire them all at least not at once thanks to Clark. Many of them will do all they can to undermine Wilson as many have already shown a grudge against him. If Jones had any sense he would go back over the records for the past several years and rehire many of the ones the former Captain ran off. If Jones wants to improve his reputation he is only as good as his deputies on the streets. If Wilson wins he will have a hard fight ahead of him just cleaning up the place and it will be costly.
That's just it, Jones doesn't have any sense. Saying that unless we know Mr. Wilson's plan, we should vote for Jones is idiotic! Mr. Wilson is a MORAL man, that is better than what is in there now, he can't do any worse or cost us anymore money than Jones and his friends/criminals.......vote for Wilson, we need an honest person, not a lazy idiot who thinks he's a god!
Shannon

Asheville, NC

#25 Nov 3, 2013
conflicted wrote:
<quoted text>That"s just it I am waiting and been waiting to hear what exactly Wilson is going to do to improve the Sheriffs Office. All I have heard out of his camp is what Jones has done wrong, well Ray Charles could point out all Jones had done wrong I dont need to hear all that as I already know the facts about Jones corrupt administration. We wont gain anything if we elect someone with no idea how to not only maintain but improve our Sheriffs Office. If Wilson has to rely on others to help him run it then we are back to the possibility of things getting out of control again when he isn't looking or buried knee deep typical admin paperwork.
I agree with you. I don't see any benefit in electing Wilson just because he is so far the only one running. All that's been talked about is how bad Jones has done but nothing about how Wilson plans to change things. Wilson's lack of administrative experience and education won't allow him to be in control. He will have to depend on others to run the department and that could be disastrous. I agree we need a new Sheriff but I don't think we need Wilson.
conflicted

Lenoir, NC

#26 Nov 3, 2013
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just it, Jones doesn't have any sense. Saying that unless we know Mr. Wilson's plan, we should vote for Jones is idiotic! Mr. Wilson is a MORAL man, that is better than what is in there now, he can't do any worse or cost us anymore money than Jones and his friends/criminals.......vote for Wilson, we need an honest person, not a lazy idiot who thinks he's a god!
I dont like what Jones has allowed at that department but I dont think he "thinks he is God" either. His downfall has been his lack of attention to his department while he was out going to school after school, not unheard of in the competitive public service world of today but he may have over done it, too much too fast. He left others in charge that were not capable of leadership and they ran wild with power creating a hostile work environment contributing to the horrible low morale of deputies already in a low state from several LEO involved shootings. Jones worst mistake was not being there to reel in his subordinates and "be a leader". He made a fatal leadership mistake, he assumed. He assumed his staff would do as they were supposed to do in his absence. I dont think Jones is by nature a bad person, he may even be too trusting.
The fact is I want to know what Wilson can do as the top LEO not just his morality, that"s already well established. I dont vote for change just for the sake of change, remember Obama and his change. I was all ready to vote for Wilson but I have yet to hear ideas and plans, all I hear is what Jones and his henchmen have done. I want to know how he will improve it besides moral values.
conflicted

Lenoir, NC

#27 Nov 3, 2013
Shannon wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. I don't see any benefit in electing Wilson just because he is so far the only one running. All that's been talked about is how bad Jones has done but nothing about how Wilson plans to change things. Wilson's lack of administrative experience and education won't allow him to be in control. He will have to depend on others to run the department and that could be disastrous. I agree we need a new Sheriff but I don't think we need Wilson.
Exactly. I would just like to see someone else throw in their hat.
Richard

Spruce Pine, NC

#28 Nov 3, 2013
conflicted wrote:
<quoted text>I dont like what Jones has allowed at that department but I dont think he "thinks he is God" either. His downfall has been his lack of attention to his department while he was out going to school after school, not unheard of in the competitive public service world of today but he may have over done it, too much too fast. He left others in charge that were not capable of leadership and they ran wild with power creating a hostile work environment contributing to the horrible low morale of deputies already in a low state from several LEO involved shootings. Jones worst mistake was not being there to reel in his subordinates and "be a leader". He made a fatal leadership mistake, he assumed. He assumed his staff would do as they were supposed to do in his absence. I dont think Jones is by nature a bad person, he may even be too trusting.
The fact is I want to know what Wilson can do as the top LEO not just his morality, that"s already well established. I dont vote for change just for the sake of change, remember Obama and his change. I was all ready to vote for Wilson but I have yet to hear ideas and plans, all I hear is what Jones and his henchmen have done. I want to know how he will improve it besides moral values.
First, bringing morality to the office will be a welcome change. Morality brings consciousness and pride, this means being there, putting like minded people in key leadership positions, making decisions that are for the good of the county not what will put the most money in Jones pocket.....holding people accountable for their actions, not letting them resign on their terms when they should be charged with a crime. Putting others first, taking care of the citizens, upholding the law and running a respectable department that is free of scandal, corruption and crime....that is Wilson's plan, far different than Jones has done so far. It's not a hard decision, a good person with years of state and local law enforcement experience versus an immoral sheriff with education and certificates who has been asleep at the wheel and looking the other way for 6 years.
True Believer

La Grange, NC

#29 Nov 3, 2013
I think it because some people are just scared at how morally ethical Wilson is. It scares people when someone who isn't as flexible as some of our weak leaders comes out to run. They like someone in power they can bully like Jones. If you want to know about Wilson, go to his website and Facebook page. The man would even come to your house and answer any questions you might have. Do you think any of these other weak candidates that would come out would do that?i think not especially not Jones. I was at Ham Day in Sawmills on Saturday and Jones was there for 5 mins and left. Wilson came in with his family and stayed for a long time. This is what I want to see from our elected officials, Someone who is personable and speaks to the public. Let's get someone like Wilson in and see what he can do and quit hoping that some of the same tired old men will come out and run. Harris and Hutchings have had their times and moved on. It's this old way of thinking that has crippled this county. We need young blood like Wilson to energize this county and get people to feel safe about their Sheriffs Office again.
scotty

Charlotte, NC

#30 Nov 5, 2013
First of all, Jones has been a terrible sheriff and should not be re elected. However, Wilson is a terrible candidate with no experience and nothing to offer. If anybody has spoken with him for more than five minutes they will realize how guliable and stupid he is. He is also a hypochondriac. His platform is he is honest and a Christian which is great but we need experience which he does not have. Also listen to him speak and you will think he is billy Bob Carl from Slingblade. Please someone else run.
Spock

Hickory, NC

#31 Nov 5, 2013
Who else could it be?
Mooney

Charlotte, NC

#32 Nov 5, 2013
scotty wrote:
First of all, Jones has been a terrible sheriff and should not be re elected. However, Wilson is a terrible candidate with no experience and nothing to offer. If anybody has spoken with him for more than five minutes they will realize how guliable and stupid he is. He is also a hypochondriac. His platform is he is honest and a Christian which is great but we need experience which he does not have. Also listen to him speak and you will think he is billy Bob Carl from Slingblade. Please someone else run.
Lance may seem gullible or naive and even if he is, he is still honest and a good person. Lance has over 20 years experience with the sheriffs office and highway patrol. If it is between lance and Jones, it will be lance, because so far Jones big education and experience has done nothing but cost this county money, good officers and given a bad reputation to the caldwell county sheriffs office. I'll settle for a little less education in exchange for honesty and morality......
Billy Bob

Swannanoa, NC

#33 Nov 5, 2013
Mooney wrote:
<quoted text>
Lance may seem gullible or naive and even if he is, he is still honest and a good person. Lance has over 20 years experience with the sheriffs office and highway patrol. If it is between lance and Jones, it will be lance, because so far Jones big education and experience has done nothing but cost this county money, good officers and given a bad reputation to the caldwell county sheriffs office. I'll settle for a little less education in exchange for honesty and morality......
So you are gonna sit there and say David Anderson is not honest and have good morals....He is about as perfect of a guy you could ask for.
say what?

Newland, NC

#34 Nov 5, 2013
Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text>So you are gonna sit there and say David Anderson is not honest and have good morals....He is about as perfect of a guy you could ask for.
David Anderson is a fine man and officer but I do not think he has an interest in politics. Yes, Wilson is a moral and honest man, with many years hands on LE experience. I am positive Wilson has a plan, protocol revisions and program implementations which will be revealed as the election cycle progresses. First and foremost as Wilson has realized, voters must first know and trust the candidate before candidates start making promises of change. Without forming trust and relationships with the voters first , promises mean nothing. Wilson is making every attempt to meet the voters first, so they know his word is solid and he lives by the words he speaks. His plans for the future of CCSD will be revealed soon I feel certain.
rollinIz

Stanley, NC

#35 Nov 5, 2013
conflicted wrote:
So it's better just to keep things like they are than to take a chance that the situation could improve vastly? Might as well just come out and say that you'll vote for Jones. It's obvious enough anyway.
bones

Lenoir, NC

#36 Nov 5, 2013
rollinIz wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's better just to keep things like they are than to take a chance that the situation could improve vastly? Might as well just come out and say that you'll vote for Jones. It's obvious enough anyway.
To me it sounded as if they dont want to vote for Jones but would like someone else to with far more experience to run. Everyone knows what a joke the Jones administration has been and what its cost the county but I too am afraid the scene may be repeated with Wilson, maybe not sex scandals but other mistakes common with young administrators. Lance is a great guy with impeccable morals but someone else brought up the fact about him being somewhat easily fooled and too trusting. I tend to think the same thing after I have observed a certain former Deputy from several years ago hanging around him at his last few events. From what I understand this person has worked his way in close to Wilson and will undoubtedly try to root out others away from Wilson for his own personal gain. Clark got rid of the guy way back then and you know if Clark seen him as too crooked then Wilson had better watch out. See this is the kind of drama I have already heard coming out of the Wilson camp so you can imagine how it will be months down the road.
Mooney

Spruce Pine, NC

#37 Nov 6, 2013
Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text>So you are gonna sit there and say David Anderson is not honest and have good morals....He is about as perfect of a guy you could ask for.
Wilson and Anderson are very close, they have worshipped together and they both feel that morality and honesty need to be put back into the sheriffs office. Anderson is disgruntled with Jones since he ordered his employees not to worship with the Cops For Christ ministry because Jones fears Lance and his influence with local church's. Funny how Jones really played up his religion during last election now he discourages his employees from worshiping as they choose.
Clear as a Bell

Hickory, NC

#38 Nov 6, 2013
Yes, Jones has been seen as the true phony he is. He thinks by going to a couple of churches close to election time that he's a saint. Everyone here at the office knows how he is and will be marking the appropriate box at election time. He can tell us to out signs in our yards and show up for events but he can't control what we do in the booth. I loved seeing him in TV the other day on the drug bust. Who woke him up long enough for him to come out? They say the house had been under surveillance for awhile but we all know deputies stumbled upon it by accident. If your Sheriff Jones is so well educated and experienced then let's see him in a public debate. This will be a true showing of the "proven leadership" that he swears by. let's call the two candidates to a debate and see who has a plan and who doesn't. I know Jones will only do a debate if BJ can substitute for him. He pulls all the strings anyway with ease.
For Whom the Bell Tolls

Hickory, NC

#39 Nov 6, 2013
Yeah, Jones is pitiful. He didn't even stay 5 mins at Sawmills Ham Day on Saturday. I didn't see BJ with him so Jones had to make a quick exit before anyone asked him some real questions. It was good though to see Lance out with the people and fellowship. May cannot come soon enough.
Freddie

Charlotte, NC

#40 Nov 6, 2013
Mooney wrote:
<quoted text>
Wilson and Anderson are very close, they have worshipped together and they both feel that morality and honesty need to be put back into the sheriffs office. Anderson is disgruntled with Jones since he ordered his employees not to worship with the Cops For Christ ministry because Jones fears Lance and his influence with local church's. Funny how Jones really played up his religion during last election now he discourages his employees from worshiping as they choose.
I heard that too. I can't believe that Mr. Jones told his employees how they could worship! I was really fooled by him during the last election, when my neighbor told me I should vote for Jones, I thought he knew what he was talking about. I know better now, with all that I've heard from deputies working up there I am just shocked. If you did half of what Jones has done in any other job, you would be arrested or at least sued.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
🐷State of the UNIOM, Cheeseburger Yum-Y... 3 hr DavidMooseKnuckles 72
Vicky and Waco Want My Man Milk! 3 hr DavidMooseKnuckles 66
State Of The Onion? McDonalds Onion Rings and ... 3 hr DavidMooseKnuckles 71
Russian Interference in American Elections?? 3 hr DavidMooseKnuckles 171
🐄 your moms milk is tasty 🐄 6 hr DocMooseKnuckle 205
State of the Milk Address! Victoria, Waco, Milk! 6 hr DocMooseKnuckle 78
I Love My Sperm Too! 6 hr DocMooseKnuckle 125

Blowing Rock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance