Click on an option to vote

Allen Jones

Lance Wilson

fake sheriff

Black Mountain, NC

#352 Feb 13, 2014
Check the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be really surprised to know the entire story as to how it went down inside the Caldwell County Executive Committee when Alan was named Sheriff. It's not as clear cut as Gary naming him. Don't believe everything you've been told. If you're not or haven't been in the meetings of the Caldwell County Republican Party inside the room at the Caldwell County Library, you don't know how things get accomplished. Also, you'd be really surprised to find out that a lot of Gary's family are not supporting Alan. You need to do more investigating, my neighbor.
I am glad someone else brought that up for whatever good it will do. To my knowledge, the supposed death bed letter is a fake perpetrated by Fore and Whitey to pull some weight with the Republican Executive Committee and the Commissioners. At least two more qualified officers from outside the agency was interviewed to take the Sheriffs position but they kept waiving that fake letter around and using Clark's name to get Jones in. If things would have turned out the way they were supposed to, Jones would have just served as interim Sheriff and someone with more sense would be Sheriff now. I have also heard the same that Gary's family is not supporting Alan and can you blame them? Jones turned Gary's office into a mockery.
Haha

Black Mountain, NC

#353 Feb 14, 2014
Gary's office was a mockery. Anderson anyone? Stafford, Jones, lol. Gary sucked as sheriff. Just because he died, people put his office on a pedestal. What a joke. Wilson campaign has no respect for that or anyone left over. We will crush Jones.
TeeJay

Dunn, NC

#354 Feb 25, 2014
Lance has my vote. Crime has really went up under Sherriff Jones' watch. Especially drugs & theft. Lenoir seems to be the worst spot in the county for these crimes. In the sherriff depts. own back yard. I realize alot of the blame goes to the Judges & DA who make deals rather than give appropriate sentences. Will deal w/ them @ the poll also. One thing that I noticed watching the news, crimanals from other counties & states come here to commit theircrimes. Would that be because they are less likely to get caught? These things make me believe it's Time for a Change!
Truth

Mooresville, NC

#355 Mar 11, 2014
tar wrote:
<quoted text>Who was involved in the Explorer Post money missing???
Jones swept it under the rug like he does everything.
bull

United States

#356 Mar 11, 2014
Check the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be really surprised to know the entire story as to how it went down inside the Caldwell County Executive Committee when Alan was named Sheriff. It's not as clear cut as Gary naming him. Don't believe everything you've been told. If you're not or haven't been in the meetings of the Caldwell County Republican Party inside the room at the Caldwell County Library, you don't know how things get accomplished. Also, you'd be really surprised to find out that a lot of Gary's family are not supporting Alan. You need to do more investigating, my neighbor.
Gary hand picked Alan Jones as his Major. That means he had more confidence in him than ANY other person in the county. Gary's choice. You cannot refute that in any way.
oh really

Black Mountain, NC

#357 Mar 11, 2014
bull wrote:
<quoted text>Gary hand picked Alan Jones as his Major. That means he had more confidence in him than ANY other person in the county. Gary's choice. You cannot refute that in any way.
Never ever go full retarded like that again. Your screen name fits well with the absolutely stupid BS you just posted. I bet you even believe Alan has always been a Republican too! Are you one of those angry old guys up at Republican Headquarters that wants to keep things just as they are? Gary along with Jones both were life long Democrats and friends from way back at LPD. Of course Gary took his buddy with him to make him Major in a Sheriffs Office, it was a big step up for his friend but I bet you anything he never ever thought Jones would be running things, he had Jones right where he wanted him and could keep an eye on him. Jones did nothing as a Major except show up to training and yell and cuss people. He was over the Anderson investigation to oversee Stafford and look what happened there. He sure as hell wasn't Gary's choice to be Sheriff because Gary never thought he would retire before Jones. If Gary hadn't died things would be much different at the Sheriffs office today but dont you ever put words in a dead mans mouth again especially one that was as good as Gary. Next time why dont you talk to someone that knew Gary well enough to know better. Just because Gary had compassion and loyalty to his friend is in no way an official endorsement for the office of Sheriff.
oh really

Black Mountain, NC

#358 Mar 11, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jones swept it under the rug like he does everything.
No actually that happened under Gary but here is the difference in a how a real Sheriff handles things. Gary fired him and gave him an ultimatum to either pay it back or face charges, Gary also came completely public with it. The officer was in fact was borrowing the money to pay a bill and it was a relatively small amount but what is wrong is wrong and Gary didn't stand for it nor did he try to hide it. Another example is the transport officer that was having sex with female inmates, Gary fired him and came public with it. Jones has a similar thing happen with a house arrest officer last year and only after multiple complaints allows him to resign, holds his certification and completely buries the whole thing as a personnel matter and refuses to come public with it. Those are just a few examples of the difference in a real Sheriff like Gary and completely incompetent politician.
convinced

Linville, NC

#359 Mar 11, 2014
sherrrrrifs wrote:
It is only sheriff. Not Congress, not governor, not even school board. Its sheriff. Who really cares? It ain't his job to preach or save souls. He needs to hire and fire deputies and be a public personality, which Jones is not. No impact on our county at all.
What and where did u get that he is going to save soull He has stated many times his religion is not made to be followed! If u have broken rules with the badge, then u are gone! simple as that, so where do u get this crap coming from your mouth? and by the way, he has led people to christ, so good for Mr. Wilson!!! a saved soul is better than HELL anyday, don't take that lightly...
rancher

Calhoun, TN

#360 Mar 12, 2014
Lances chief deputy will be JJ Amelia. His capt of cid will be Chris bracket. His patrol capt will be wormy. His support services capt will be jonathan smith. Powerhouse command staff.
change is good

Gaffney, SC

#361 Mar 12, 2014
rancher wrote:
Lances chief deputy will be JJ Amelia. His capt of cid will be Chris bracket. His patrol capt will be wormy. His support services capt will be jonathan smith. Powerhouse command staff.
I doubt that
rancher

Calhoun, TN

#362 Mar 12, 2014
Change who is it then?
The nomines are

Holly Springs, NC

#363 Mar 12, 2014
rancher wrote:
Who the hell is this guy
Return of innocence
Tattle Tail
Here we go again,

Hey guys don't blow up the firing rang like Jones deputies did the tax payers cant afford to pay for it again
are you insane

Black Mountain, NC

#364 Mar 12, 2014
rancher wrote:
Where in the holy hell did you get that load from. If I thought any of that was true I would just stay home on election day. Chris is a smart guy so that would be ok but wtf is up with the rest of that nonsense. Really, Wormy lol.
Smart guy

Newton, NC

#365 Mar 12, 2014
are you insane wrote:
<quoted text>Where in the holy hell did you get that load from. If I thought any of that was true I would just stay home on election day. Chris is a smart guy so that would be ok but wtf is up with the rest of that nonsense. Really, Wormy lol.
Chris is a smart guy. Are you insane? Chris works for probation and parole. Biiiiiiig Deal. He was a major contributor to the Jerry Anderson fiasco. I think he and Bennett were just as much a screw up in that case as Stafford was. Also, he is blowhard who is always telling people how smart and educated he is. If he is so great why isn't he a police chief somewhere? Don't forget, he lost two to one to Jones last time.
are you insane

Black Mountain, NC

#366 Mar 12, 2014
Smart guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Chris is a smart guy. Are you insane? Chris works for probation and parole. Biiiiiiig Deal. He was a major contributor to the Jerry Anderson fiasco. I think he and Bennett were just as much a screw up in that case as Stafford was. Also, he is blowhard who is always telling people how smart and educated he is. If he is so great why isn't he a police chief somewhere? Don't forget, he lost two to one to Jones last time.
I didn't say he was a damn rocket scientist but put in the mix of all those other names the poster used well he certainly is by comparison.

I dont see how his performance in the 2010 primary has any bearing on this subject especially given the way people vote around here coupled with the fact that Chris really didn't even campaign at all. You also have to consider Jones hadn't had a chance to show his true colors yet. I think Chris is smart and certainly smart enough to be a Detective Captain.

I dont think he had as much to do with the Anderson screw up as Stafford or Bennett or Jones as a Major at the time. What utterly baffles me is when Jones commented last election as to how he wouldn't have changed a thing about the investigation. I agree he is a blowhard but the fact still remains, by comparison in that little list he is far and away the only one worth mentioning. I think the whole thing is completely stupid and God forbid there be any slight hint of truth to it.
change is good

Gaffney, SC

#367 Mar 12, 2014
rancher wrote:
Change who is it then?
I would venture a guess to say he will leave David Anderson as major B J will be gone as will the Capt. of Det. as neither of them is fit for the job there are several good men in the Dept. that would make good Captains
Republican

Spruce Pine, NC

#368 Mar 12, 2014
Smart guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowing what I know about jones today, I would take Brackett over Jones any day of the week. I have seen the Anderson lawsuit and read the depositions, the blowhard was Jones and Stafford clearly. Brackett does have more education than Jones, he recently finished his doctorate work at Appalachian. That jones is a genius, he promoted BJ to captain, that's typical of his education and leadership.
rancher

Charlotte, NC

#369 Mar 13, 2014
rancher wrote:
The post I made yesterday was obviously a joke. In all seriousness I am undecided in who to vote for in May. I need to know what reputable current and retired officers are supporting each candidate. Also I need to know who Lance is going to surround himself with (command staff). We know who Jones has but to me the unknown is worse than the unknown. Will someone help me with my choice. Also please no smart ass comments like I have seen in other posts. Thanks in advance.
rancher

Charlotte, NC

#370 Mar 13, 2014
rancher wrote:
<quoted text>
The post I made yesterday was obviously a joke. In all seriousness I am undecided in who to vote for in May. I need to know what reputable current and retired officers are supporting each candidate. Also I need to know who Lance is going to surround himself with (command staff). We know who Jones has but to me the unknown is worse than the unknown. Will someone help me with my choice. Also please no smart ass comments like I have seen in other posts. Thanks in advance.
I meant the unknown is worse than the known. Sorry
Heres your sign

Holly Springs, NC

#371 Mar 13, 2014
rancher wrote:
<quoted text>
Spy much? I bet your one of Jones if not he himself trying to figure out who is in the office supporting Lance. Its to bad Chris didn't beat Jones when he ran because the only people paying for that is tax paying citizens. As far as the unknown Vs the known that is a joke we all know about heaven and hell right, so why would anyone want to stay in hell by voting for Jones unless your a deviant yourself which is afraid of losing your free perks and passes to get out of trouble. Jones is criminally smart which is why he has gotten by with so much other than that he is a Joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Model Gives Hillary 332 EVs 3 hr Maw Maw sara 17
Christians supporting Hillary are sinning again... 3 hr Maw Maw sara 8
Brandy Stapleton 4 hr Timekeeper 58
WARNING: Drinking Every Time Trump Lies.... 5 hr TSF 15
Iraq and the U.S. agreed for more troops in Iraq. 9 hr Maw Maw sara 1
Clinton Aide: Hillary shyts herself in public. 9 hr Robert 4
Two students shot in elementary school in To... 10 hr Maw Maw sara 2

Blowing Rock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance