Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Jones carries too much baggage, however, do not underestimate his base support and think he will be easy to defeat. He will not. A change is needed and Wilson seems to be the right man at the right time. Right now, Wilson gets my vote to see a new era begin.
NEW

Ayden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

^^^^ AGREED.
DontKnow

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Jones has been sheriff for a long time and I have never seen him anywhere. I see a picture in the paper occasionally but all I know is there are some problems at that department with all the firings and re signings and lawsuits.........we need a good Christian man in there, I hear that is what Mr. Wilson is all about.
sherrrrrifs

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

It is only sheriff. Not Congress, not governor, not even school board. Its sheriff. Who really cares? It ain't his job to preach or save souls. He needs to hire and fire deputies and be a public personality, which Jones is not. No impact on our county at all.
KingsCreek

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

With all the lawsuits, sex scandals and stealing going on up there, I can't vote for Jones, he has really disappointed me.
bye bye Jones

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

I will be voting for Wilson. I really dont feel the need to explain why but if you live in Caldwell County and pay attention to your local government you would know why. The poster above me gave good examples along with the lose of good Deputies over the past few years replaced with in most cases inept rookies lead by inexperienced political yes men.
somethingliketha t

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

DontKnow wrote:
Jones has been sheriff for a long time and I have never seen him anywhere. I see a picture in the paper occasionally but all I know is there are some problems at that department with all the firings and re signings and lawsuits.........we need a good Christian man in there, I hear that is what Mr. Wilson is all about.
You had me until the " You had me until " we need a good Christian man in there " Dribble .

What fckn difference does it make what fckn religion he is . Why is religion always so tied into everything in the south . Its why You guys are falling behind in everything .backwoods , racist , judgmental buncha heathens you guys are!

No doubt this area and I mean these southern states that are being hit so hard has to do a great deal with the local folks and their caveman close minded way of thinking and not being able to except or understand anyone that isn't like them .
wow

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

I know we are bound to have some more choices in this county other than this. It's like having to pick between a corrupt boss hog and a TV evangelist who will probably put crosses on the patrol cars want to burn people at the stake.
Mynameis

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

wow wrote:
I know we are bound to have some more choices in this county other than this. It's like having to pick between a corrupt boss hog and a TV evangelist who will probably put crosses on the patrol cars want to burn people at the stake.
That's north Carolina in a nutshell couldn't have said it better .
The bible belt way of doing business is old , outdated and passed up in todays society . they want to cling to guns and god. That only holds us all back . Slowly things are bound to change .
anyone else

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Is anyone else going to run? No way I can vote for Jones again after everything that has happened since the last election but I just dont feel like Wilson is up for the task of Sheriff. I dont really have a problem with him being young but typically with ultra religious political leaders they tend to think inside the box plus they let their religion effect their policy. I wouldn't care if someone was Democrat as at the local level it really densest make much difference.
anyone else

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

doesn't*. sorry typo.
colony

Jonesville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Mynameis wrote:
<quoted text>
That's north Carolina in a nutshell couldn't have said it better .
The bible belt way of doing business is old , outdated and passed up in todays society . they want to cling to guns and god. That only holds us all back . Slowly things are bound to change .
Never pass up an opportunity to attack Christians, it's the popular thing these days.
Mynameis

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

colony wrote:
<quoted text> Never pass up an opportunity to attack Christians, it's the popular thing these days.
See, that's the thing . I know I come off as hostile sometimes . im sorry .

I do have a past and I try hard not to let it affect my judgment now but unfortunately it does . im sorry .
Louis

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

I am torn on who to vote for Mr. Jones has been in for many years and has had ups and Downs. If there was another person running I think I would be more excited about the race. Mr. Wilson seems to be a nice man but his campaign seems to be about belittling the Sheriff and his deputies rather than giving new ideas about how he will do things better. I was brought up in church and have my faults but my preacher taught love and compassion and not back hitting and slander. I know a few deputies and they are good men. I don't think what Mr. Wilson is saying about them is true.
ToLouis

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Louis wrote:
I am torn on who to vote for Mr. Jones has been in for many years and has had ups and Downs. If there was another person running I think I would be more excited about the race. Mr. Wilson seems to be a nice man but his campaign seems to be about belittling the Sheriff and his deputies rather than giving new ideas about how he will do things better. I was brought up in church and have my faults but my preacher taught love and compassion and not back hitting and slander. I know a few deputies and they are good men. I don't think what Mr. Wilson is saying about them is true.
Jones has been in one term plus, not many years. If you believe what you say, then you will vote for anyone but Jones, he and his deputies bad mouth everyone that isn't kissing jones ass. Jones is a liar and he is surrounded by the biggest of liars...BJ. Mr. Wilson is only telling the truth, if it doesn't sound good, then it sounds like jones isn't a good person.
Shannon

Hudson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

I guess if no one else is running then I'll vote for Jones. Wilson in my opinion doesn't have the experience or education needed for the job and would be in way over his head witch would mean that he would only be a figure head and someone else would actually be running the department. I've talked to several people that are "in the know" so to say and they say it wouldn't be a smart move to have this happen and I agree.
ToLouis

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Jones education and experience has done nothing for Caldwell County. Funny you should describe him perfectly, Jones is an incompetent figurehead while someone else runs the department currently, so someone with more morals than education will actually be a welcome change from what is in there now. Just look at what has happened under jones, record turnover costing the taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars, several lawsuit settlements costing millions, numerous scandals involving officers and friends of jones that cause criminal cases to go unprosecuted and criminals to go free and much, much more.....
I will vote for anyone but jones, because anyone could do a better job.
Anyone voting for jones will be supporting bad decisions, corruption and criminals.
Corrupt

Valley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

If you support corruption, vote for Jones.
Shannon

Hudson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

ToLouis wrote:
Jones education and experience has done nothing for Caldwell County. Funny you should describe him perfectly, Jones is an incompetent figurehead while someone else runs the department currently, so someone with more morals than education will actually be a welcome change from what is in there now. Just look at what has happened under jones, record turnover costing the taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars, several lawsuit settlements costing millions, numerous scandals involving officers and friends of jones that cause criminal cases to go unprosecuted and criminals to go free and much, much more.....
I will vote for anyone but jones, because anyone could do a better job.
Anyone voting for jones will be supporting bad decisions, corruption and criminals.
See post #14 whoever posted that is the one that hit the nail on the head. Wilson may be a good man but from what I've seen and heard lately his inner circle of supporters are nothing about Christianity but do know a lot about mudslinging and drama. I could never support anyone that touts themself as pure as the driven snow using religion to further their agenda but lets their supporters run the campaign on smear tactics and mudslinging. How could anyone expect anything different if he were elected?
Richard

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Corrupt wrote:
If you support corruption, vote for Jones.
You said that right! Any sheriff who lets his employees steal and swap wives then when it is found out half the department has to resign, is not a good person much less fit to be sheriff. The taxpayers can't afford to keep paying for jones mistakes.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 31
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 10 min ben 58,151
Gay marriage is on its way, folks. 16 min yes seriously 36
Hidden Obamacare Secret: "RFID Chip Implants" (Aug '12) 1 hr really 619
Deep Gap Fire Department 3 hr Jeff 104
USFS doesn't rule out fracking in WNC forests 4 hr KneesR Durty 12
blonde on wilson street 4 hr Hurt 63
Lance Wilson 5 hr ehutter 44

Search the Blowing Rock Forum:
•••
•••