Mr. James "Charlie" Charles Woods, 52, of Hickory, died Thursday, October 21, 2009

Oct 24, 2009 Full story: News-Topic 6

JAMES WOODS Mr. James "Charlie" Charles Woods, 52, of Hickory, died Thursday, October 21, 2009.

Full Story
Not surprised

Wilmington, NC

#1 Oct 24, 2009
I was just thinking of him the other day. He called me about a year and a half ago. He was someone I use to party with back in the day. He smoked cigarettes so I am curious if he died of cancer???
wonder

Hertford, NC

#2 Oct 24, 2009
who was this guy?
Amy

Lenoir, NC

#3 Oct 28, 2009
Is it the Charlie Woods who grew up in Happy Valley?
ole gamewell boy

Lenoir, NC

#4 Oct 28, 2009
Was it the Charlie that lived right off 268 in a brick home as a kid and had a sister named Maxine, I think.
Ole valley boy

Wilmington, NC

#5 Oct 28, 2009
Yes it was Chrlie Woods who grew up in Happy Valley. His Dad Arnie use to cut my hair when I was a kid. Charlie had a lot of problems, but he was always friendly to me. I am not too sure how he died. I heard that he went missing from some kind of a group home or halfway house in Hickory. He was missing for about 10 days when they found him dead.
Sad

Greenville, SC

#6 Oct 29, 2009
I pray his soul is finally at peace. If he was living in a halfway house at the age of 52, he must have had struggles that most of us simply cannot comprehend.

It's very sad what some people go through. Society looks at people who struggle with addiction or mental problems, and we ask, "Why don't you just snap out of it?" If you've ever experienced that kind of life yourself, or through someone you love very much, you know what a ridiculous question that is. One of the saddest things about that kind of affliction: Most of the people dealing with it have some of the best hearts you'll ever find in a human being.

I hope God has given this man's soul the freedom to finally be at rest and peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Expose so called "Christian" drunkards 42 min SSGT USMC 42
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 1 hr Liberal forever 582
Satanic Tea Party (Jan '14) 1 hr Liberal forever 55
ccc&ti 2 hr just me 1
Jessica (the beautiful brunette that was with B... 2 hr Acura143 39
Shoney's lenoir nc 3 hr Liberal forever 8
Debate: Marijuana - Lenoir, NC (Aug '10) 3 hr Liberal forever 69
•••
•••
•••