Stealing grapes from Wal-Mart

Posted in the Blowing Rock Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
My Conclusion

Hickory, NC

#1 Sep 30, 2013
Ok! Iím at Wal-Mart in Granite Falls shopping Sunday and in the vegetable isle is man in his 50ís opening the prepackaged zip-lock bags of grapes. Reaching in with his fingers and eating grapes. After trying three different varieties he puts the bags back and reaches into the bin for a fourth bag to purchase.
I politely asked the man, why did you not buy the bag you were eating from? The red faced man left with his prized grapes.

So what is worse? Stealing grapes from Wal-Mart, Running his fingers through the grapes or cheating the next customer who buys grapes.

Also you should always wash your vegetables you never know who has been handling them.
Obagrape

Stanley, NC

#2 Sep 30, 2013
My Conclusion wrote:
Ok! Iím at Wal-Mart in Granite Falls shopping Sunday and in the vegetable isle is man in his 50ís opening the prepackaged zip-lock bags of grapes. Reaching in with his fingers and eating grapes. After trying three different varieties he puts the bags back and reaches into the bin for a fourth bag to purchase.
I politely asked the man, why did you not buy the bag you were eating from? The red faced man left with his prized grapes.
So what is worse? Stealing grapes from Wal-Mart, Running his fingers through the grapes or cheating the next customer who buys grapes.
Also you should always wash your vegetables you never know who has been handling them.
don't you have anything better to do?
agree

United States

#3 Oct 1, 2013
Obagrape wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not......you read it.
Duh

Banner Elk, NC

#4 Oct 1, 2013
My Conclusion wrote:
Since the grapes are sold by the pound, no one is getting cheated. I always try a grape - every batch is different, some are excellent while some are disappointing. What I think is worse is that you stood there staring at this man for so long.

Although I guess this is also the reason you never see bulk candy sections around here....
Obagrape

Stanley, NC

#5 Oct 1, 2013
agree wrote:
<quoted text> You must not......you read it.
There's a big difference between reading about it and actually going stalking on a grape patrol in the grocery store.
My Conclusion

Hickory, NC

#6 Oct 1, 2013
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the grapes are sold by the pound, no one is getting cheated. I always try a grape - every batch is different, some are excellent while some are disappointing. What I think is worse is that you stood there staring at this man for so long.
Although I guess this is also the reason you never see bulk candy sections around here....
These were pre-packaged grapes in individual zip lock bags.
My Conclusion

Hickory, NC

#7 Oct 1, 2013
Obagrape wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm grocery shopping down the vegetable isle to buy cucumbers and lettuce and it was hard to ignore the idiot eating grapes from pre-packaged bags. Not bulk grapes you buy by the pound. Hopefully he will not die from consuming the pesticides sprayed on the grapes.
Ticklemyanus

Lawndale, NC

#8 Oct 1, 2013
I handle my own grapes before I put my hands in the bags at the store.
Duh

Banner Elk, NC

#9 Oct 1, 2013
My Conclusion wrote:
<quoted text>
These were pre-packaged grapes in individual zip lock bags.
They're always prepackaged in ziplock bags. Then weighed at the register and paid for by the pound.
My Conclusion

Hickory, NC

#10 Oct 1, 2013
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
They're always prepackaged in ziplock bags. Then weighed at the register and paid for by the pound.
Then why do they have a sticker noting the price per pound the weight and the actual price already on the bags?
Concerned math teacher

New London, NC

#11 Oct 1, 2013
My Conclusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do they have a sticker noting the price per pound the weight and the actual price already on the bags?
Clue: "price per pound"
Concerned English Teacher

Shelbyville, TN

#12 Oct 2, 2013
My Conclusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Clue: "price per pound"
Apparently being a concerned math teacher does not mean you are a concerned english teacher. "My Conclusion" says that the final price is already on the bag. So, if a two pound bag of grapes has been marked to sell, and someone eats 4 ounces of grapes, the price on the tag remains the same, regardless of weight. Understand?
Bubba

Erwin, NC

#13 Oct 2, 2013
Reguardless of the price per pound, what was marked in the tag or the weight of it, this man is a thief. Someone had to pay for those grapes he ate and it was not him so in the long run, the consumer pays for it.
jon

Morganton, NC

#14 Oct 2, 2013
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes someone is being cheated...the store.Stealing is stealing.
Lester

Fayetteville, NC

#15 Oct 2, 2013
I see people eating bags of chips and throwing the bags away, drinking sodas and tossing the bottles. No wonder food prices are so high.
Lester

Fayetteville, NC

#16 Oct 2, 2013
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
No you idiot. They are prepackaged and priced. How long has it been since you were in a grocery store???
hamlet

Lincolnton, NC

#17 Oct 2, 2013
My Conclusion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm grocery shopping down the vegetable isle to buy cucumbers and lettuce and it was hard to ignore the idiot eating grapes from pre-packaged bags. Not bulk grapes you buy by the pound. Hopefully he will not die from consuming the pesticides sprayed on the grapes.
Hopefully he will die from eating them - GET 'EM GOD !!!
Obagrape

Stanley, NC

#18 Oct 2, 2013
All of you be sure to remember this conversation the next time you test even one grape for taste and don't buy the bag. Hopefully you'll look over your shoulder and see someone like "My Conclusion" standing there on fruit and veg patrol to glare at you and ask if you're going to eat the whole bag without paying for them.
Obagrape

Stanley, NC

#19 Oct 2, 2013
jon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes someone is being cheated...the store.Stealing is stealing.
So you've never ate a grape to see if the bunch was worth buying...? People need to stop lying and acting all perfect. There ain't one of us here who hasn't eat a grape at the grocery store and if you say you haven't then I would doubt anything you said from here on out.
Sherri

Fayetteville, NC

#20 Oct 2, 2013
Obagrape wrote:
<quoted text>
So you've never ate a grape to see if the bunch was worth buying...? People need to stop lying and acting all perfect. There ain't one of us here who hasn't eat a grape at the grocery store and if you say you haven't then I would doubt anything you said from here on out.
I work at walmart and taking one or two grapes is not a problem. The problem is when you EAT 10-12 out of several bags.. And then there is the idiots who pick out a pair of high priced shoes and trade boxes with cheaper price on them thinking us ckers are gonna scan the box instead of the shoes inside the box. This seems to be a big thing with black males. Then there is the idiots who come in with the wore out cloths and try on cloths and try to walk out of the store with them on. Another black male thing. Then you have the people who grab a pack of crackers and eat them along with a soda to chase them down and leave the bottle and wrappers on the shelve somewhere. This is a young white woman thing. See... I work in loss prevention and most people dont realize that EYES are EVERYWHERE in walmart. We catch you doing these things all the time. Along with scratching your ass and balls, Picking your nose and yes eating the boogers..Some things, is small enough, we dont act on. Others we do. So the next time you are in walmart, the person pushing the shopping cart down the same isle as you MAY NOT be another shopper, Might just be a undercover loss prevention person. And yes we can and WILL arrest you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sgt. La David T. Johnson, 3rd SF Grp (Airborne)... 2 min State of Florida 93
Trump is RUSH-SHIPPING Condolences to Military ... 21 min waco1909 16
Trump's Cruelty to Widow 22 min Make America Grea... 100
Drag Queen Congresswoman 38 min southern at heart 9
What happened to Russian collusion??? 44 min waco1909 6
Trump beats ISIS in months: After years of Obam... 50 min waco1909 11
Angry Vets are Now Calling Kelly a ĎBlue Falconí 1 hr Victoria 12

Blowing Rock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance