Who do you support for Sheriff in Nor...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned

Stanley, NC

#22 Oct 27, 2010
We need a Sheriff who will listen to the peoples concerns and who will put forth the effort to make sure that the people are heard and not just let it go in one ear and out the other (if it even gets that far). We need a Sheriff who is out and about and whom can be seen and not someone who u never see out. I think the people of Watauga would like to see a Sheriff who looks at it this way I am not going to expect my employees' to go out and do things that I would not do myself!! I think its time that we all wake up and get a Sheriff in there who will listen to us here in Watauga and who cares what we all have to say. One who will be out protecting and serving the citizens of Watauga County not just sitting behind a desk and never being seen out in the public. To me that does not give u a good name or it doesn't in my book and I know of others that feel the same way! This is why my vote will kindly go to William Byrd!
The Hard Cold Truth

Hickory, NC

#23 Oct 29, 2010
Any man who's so disorganized that he can't even get his name on the ballot as a Republican when no other Republican is running is too disorganized to run a Sheriff's dept.
truth

Banner Elk, NC

#24 Nov 1, 2010
vcfox wrote:
No to Change
I read an article in this section recently titled “Time for a Change?” and I thought the author made some interesting points. I also thought I could help enlighten the residents of Watauga County and thank the employee’s by pointing out the following.
Mr. Hagaman has been a sworn officer for 30 years. He served at Watauga Sheriff Department and Boone Police Department in several departments. He has taught in basic LEO training, college level Criminal Justice classes, and consulted in a number of government roles including terrorist vulnerability assessments. He also served as Boone town manager for 8 years and 4 terms on the Watauga Board of Commissioners. He has the officer knowledge to go along with the administrative knowledge to run today’s sheriff’s office.
Sheriff Hagaman was the first sheriff to implement Operation Medicine Cabinet with the belief that one of our most important jobs is to work diligently and proactively to prevent drug abuse. The main focus is to save area youth from diverted drugs and to protect ground and surface water sources from the improper disposal of pharmaceuticals. Prior to the High Country event in October the entire statewide collection of pills weighed in at just 1 55-gallon drum compared to the High Country’s 7 55-gallon drums collected. In appreciation of their hard work the Sheriff’s office was the recipient of the prestigious 2010 L.E. Tuckwiller Award.
In 2005 a state and federal law was passed regulating cold medicines containing a key ingredient to cook “meth”, dropping labs seized state wide by half the next year. There is now an increase state wide in mobile meth labs that uses less pseudoephedrine called “shake & bake” labs. An example of patrol& narcotic officers fighting this was on Sept.18 when they stopped an individual with 3 mobile labs in his car with a final street value of $100,000!
The Patrol and Investigation divisions also led a combined effort that resulted in the arrest of 2 subjects with 24 charges of breaking and entering into homes in the N. Pine Run Rd, Hopewell Church Rd, Meat Camp Rd and several other areas’ of eastern Watauga County.
I also wanted to give a special thanks to the narcotics division for having the largest LSD/Acid bust in the “country” for the second year in a row! In 2009 they had a seizure of 1581 units/hits. In 2010 they seized 5,000 hits, 13 lbs of hallucinogenic mushrooms and 12.5 lbs of marijuana at one time. With over 60 years of combined experience they are getting the job done and leading the nation in doing so.
A special note to the 10 telecommunicators on at least 2 lives saved this year while answering over 80,000 admin calls (fire/burg alarms, general questions,etc) and 13,000 911 calls in a year.
I know it seems the feet of justice turn slowly but I think Sheriff Hagaman with his department is leading the state and nation in trying to make our county a better place. All topics noted above can be found with Google.
Well you have stated alot of facts about 2010. What has been done the last 4 years?? and why has the cureent Sheriff waited to post all of this news now during an election year?

Since: Nov 10

Boone, NC

#25 Nov 29, 2010
Sheriff Hagaman !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Truth Behind the Affordable Care Act - Lear... 6 min Ultramax 2
58,000 homeless in L.A. County 15 min Violent Media 2
Drain the swamp? 25 min Doc 70
97 of 100 Poorest Counties are Republican 7 hr Victoria 77
Bill Clinton gets 500,000$ for speech in Russia 7 hr Victoria 96
News Man charged with slashing tires of 47 Caldwell ... 7 hr Victoria 6
Trump's Gay Lover New Press Secretary 8 hr News Update 1

Blowing Rock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance