Tree removal crews move north on 321

Feb 17, 2012 Full story: Blowing Rocket

Asplundh Tree Experts Inc. crews on Tuesday continued the work of removing trees and brush just north of the Scotchman on U.S. 321.

Full Story
Ted

Boone, NC

#1 Feb 23, 2012
what a mess.
Joesph

Boone, NC

#2 Mar 18, 2012
I didn't even recognize the area when driving from Boone down to Lenoir. What an ugly butchering of the area they've done. It's going to be many years before they finish the stupid expansion and some trees and shrubs can make a successful return.
Mountain Woman

Morganton, NC

#3 Mar 18, 2012
butchery is right. Saw it yesterday; much destruction of the natural beauty of our mountains, and for what? so people can get up the mountain five minutes faster? Fix the potholes, DOT.... and use some of that money to put teachers back to work and pay them a living wage to educate our children.
Amazed at their stupidity

Boone, NC

#4 Mar 19, 2012
I wonder if it's the same Watauga County simpletons that cut back a lot of growth on 105 from Boone to at least Seven Devils area. Those imbeciles operating the bush hog operators didn't just trim things back a bit, they cut things absolutely to the ground tearing up the earth in the process. Just as expected, those valuable smaller brush trees and even some larger trees and tons of rhododendron have died and there are more land slides and crumbling banks than ever. When people make fun of Southerners and call us stupid rednecks, it's hurtful, surely, but look at the people working for the local county. It's painfully true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steaing Kids Toy's (Dec '13) 35 min See what you did 25
Child Abuse? 1 hr Just saying 8
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 2 hr Victoria 1,665
Gay marriage is on its way, folks. 2 hr JW McCanliss 381
Debate: Marijuana - Lenoir, NC (Aug '10) 3 hr Wake Up 70
chubbys 5 hr interesting 3
USFS doesn't rule out fracking in WNC forests 7 hr Timmy_ 21
Blowing Rock Dating
Find my Match

Blowing Rock Jobs