United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

WHY because some fat a$$ lesbians are offended. What I don't understand is since when does the minority come along to dictate what the majority don't have a problem with.

A good solution would be to hand out ear plugs to the couple or one can make it through such a humiliating experience as prayer.
theoleUsa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Just Curious wrote:
WHY because some fat a$$ lesbians are offended. What I don't understand is since when does the minority come along to dictate what the majority don't have a problem with.
A good solution would be to hand out ear plugs to the couple or one can make it through such a humiliating experience as prayer.
because we have to cater to any minority, especially QUEERS. This is a panty waist society.
really

Maiden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

sounds like a couple of toothless rednecks on welfare posting again
Empire

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

Yeah, you can always tell the uneducated idiots.

"WE WANT PRAYER EVERYWHERE!!!!"

"Hey not everyone has the same religi--"

"SHUT UP YOU LEFT WING COMMIE BASTARD!! GOD CONQUERS ALL!!!!!"
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

Empire wrote:
Yeah, you can always tell the uneducated idiots.
"WE WANT PRAYER EVERYWHERE!!!!"
"Hey not everyone has the same religi--"
"SHUT UP YOU LEFT WING COMMIE BASTARD!! GOD CONQUERS ALL!!!!!"
Is this exclusive only to the Christian God, or are other faiths represented in the prayers?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

Just Curious wrote:
Because in America, rights are not just afforded to only a majority of people, but to ALL Americans. You are confusing 'rights' with 'elections' where the majority rules. Try not to confuse the two anymore. No one can never stop prayer. Jesus said that prayer is from the inside of yourself to your father in heaven. You can communicate with God through prayer anytime you like. So can anyone else. Therefore, prayer cannot be banned.
Just Curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

The minority is the real power. So all the election process is, is the majority elects someone and the minority says I don't like that and changes what we agreed to is our law, to tweek and change as we the minority decides.
I love that concept lets throw PBO out...NOW!!!

What I said makes sense. Let the laws stand as is, as it always has been hand and out earplugs to the unbelievers.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

Just Curious wrote:
The minority is the real power. So all the election process is, is the majority elects someone and the minority says I don't like that and changes what we agreed to is our law, to tweek and change as we the minority decides.
I love that concept lets throw PBO out...NOW!!!
What I said makes sense. Let the laws stand as is, as it always has been hand and out earplugs to the unbelievers.
You failed to answer the question. Is it the Christian God ONLY that you want prayer to be directed to in our society? Unbelievers of what? Your God?
blah blah...

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

theoleUsa wrote:
<quoted text>because we have to cater to any minority, especially QUEERS. This is a panty waist society.
You dumbasses continue to make your ass look even more stupid. You say the 'minority' gets catered to, but when the majority votes for something like, let's say universal healthcare, all of the sudden America is being ruled by communists and then through political bs, proceed to shut the government down because you don't like something that has already been made into law. The only panty 'waste' is the shit coming out your mouth. Being an American patriot is about bringing all into the fold.
Bearcat64

Casar, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

The better solution seems to me to be , let those that want to pray do so and those that feel otherwise may abstain. Problem solved.
say what?

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

Bearcat64 wrote:
The better solution seems to me to be , let those that want to pray do so and those that feel otherwise may abstain. Problem solved.
Exactly, once was called a moment of silence, each person could elect to pray to the entity of their choice. Generally it is not an issue of prayer, it is more an issue of denominational prayer i.e. Christianity and not encompassing other religions beliefs.
blah blah...

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="say what?"]<quoted text>Exactly, once was called a moment of silence, each person could elect to pray to the entity of their choice. Generally it is not an issue of prayer, it is more an issue of denominational prayer i.e. Christianity and not encompassing other religions beliefs.[/QUOTE]

Totally with you! It's not the prayer where I think there's a problem. It's the exclusion of others' faiths. If we just allow one viewpoint's prayers, we're no better than the governments that mandate religious prescriptions for law, i.e., Iran, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, etc
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

[QUOTE who="blah blah... "]<quoted text>
Totally with you! It's not the prayer where I think there's a problem. It's the exclusion of others' faiths. If we just allow one viewpoint's prayers, we're no better than the governments that mandate religious prescriptions for law, i.e., Iran, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, etc
[/QUOTE]

Very good point. I will use that next time I am approached by some of the local zealots. I think the intention to pray is good, but the inclusion of only one faith just doesn't get it.
say what?

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="blah blah... "]<quoted text>You dumbasses continue to make your ass look even more stupid. You say the 'minority' gets catered to, but when the majority votes for something like, let's say universal healthcare, all of the sudden America is being ruled by communists and then through political bs, proceed to shut the government down because you don't like something that has already been made into law. The only panty 'waste' is the shit coming out your mouth. Being an American patriot is about bringing all into the fold.[/QUOTE]
Not trying to get off topic, however, the entire government shut down was political bs. People fail to realize the republicans were willing to avoid the shutdown provided Obama caved in on two major points, the 2.3% medical device tax and lawsuit liability caps of $250,000 max for malpractice suits. Both this issues protected big businesses and big donors. Republicans had no concerns for the average person yet for some reason they still support them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not all pro Obama either but the shutdown showed the republicans true colors, Green, the color of money that feeds their campaign fund.
Just Curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

I don't know if my opinion of God is conventional or not,
God to me is neither Mohamed, Jesus, Buddha or anything or anyone.
God is the energy of the Universe the creator of everything we are and all we are around. Why do butterflies fly from S to N and three generation later the grand children of the butterflies return to the same exact % sq. mile area again and again. Why does water oing down a drain in the N hemisphere go clock wise and the drains in the S hemisphere go C. clockwise. I know, say it is science say per-chance, say whatever God is the same. Some religious interpreters of the so called different religions have their own idea of who or what God is according to the messenger, ie; Buddha, Jesus.

No one in the USA this day and time goes to another country to sue and legally change other countries from their cultural beliefs. Yet in droves they fight for our food and money in one hand and stab us in the back with the other.

We may send ombudsmen like Franklin Graham with Samaritans Purse all over the world with boxes and hand out food clothing or whatever. No one that I know of not even the Muslims turn down our boxes of food, money and our So called big business companies that bring them work and jobs.

We also have people here in the USA that will silently stand...no..sit by and watch PBO destroy this country and laugh and lie, cheat whatever to tell you what to eat, drink, smoke, and would take our guns if he thought he could.
Local

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

How bout you just pray at home... and when you go out in public... with people who may or may not wish to pray... you just keep your PERSONAL relationship with the higher power you choose to believe in... a PERSONAL thing.

Problem solved.
Just Curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

That's cool, but why do anything about other people wanting to pray. What does it hurt? All the ruckus over anything is a few people want their 15 min of fame.
People should spend their time protesting PBO, that's a good thing.

State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Just Curious wrote:
That's cool, but why do anything about other people wanting to pray. What does it hurt? All the ruckus over anything is a few people want their 15 min of fame.
People should spend their time protesting PBO, that's a good thing.
The problem as I see it is to allow only one religion (Christianity) the right to pray to their God excluding all other faith theirs. If a group of Muslims, for example, wanted the same time to pray to Allah, would you permit that? Certainly Christianity is the predominant religion in America, but the First Amendment allows for the "freedom of religion", not the promotion of it. By the way, protest PBO all you like. That is in the 1st Amendment as well.
Local

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Well that's the thing, it's a suggestion. It's an idea for how people SHOULD conduct themselves. I don't want any laws made in respect to an establishment of religion. I don't want it to be illegal to pray, and I don't want it to be illegal to NOT pray.

If you feel it absolutely necessary to pray out loud and in public, amidst countless other people who may or may not find that to be silly, then please, feel free to do so. But the problem isn't you praying.. it's that the person praying often thinks they have the right to be not made fun of, or told he/she is acting like a jackass.

If people want to pray at public meetings.. go right ahead... but I should have the right to say "shut up" or "Stop talking to yourself." It's only fair.

But I don't wanna say that. I don't want to get into a fucking religious debate. Just pray on your own time (or silently to yourself) and we can all just deal with the business at hand... whatever that may be.

Obviously there are exceptions to this. Church... funerals for people who were religious... Weddings for people who are of a particular faith... etc.. these are obviously designated times and places for people to go be in celebration of their religion loudly and proudly. Anyone who walks into that and gets offended, imo, is the asshole of that scenario.

Again this isn't about making laws... it's about common courtesy.

I also don't want the idiot at wal-mart checking me out to wish me a Merry Christmas. I'm of Jewish descent. My family is Jewish, I've never celebrated Christmas, and don't ever intend to. I don't tell people Happy Hanukkah at Wal Mart. Wanna know why? BECAUSE I'M NOT A PRESUMPTUOUS DICK!

PS, Happy Veteran's Day everyone.
say what?

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>The problem as I see it is to allow only one religion (Christianity) the right to pray to their God excluding all other faith theirs. If a group of Muslims, for example, wanted the same time to pray to Allah, would you permit that? Certainly Christianity is the predominant religion in America, but the First Amendment allows for the "freedom of religion", not the promotion of it. By the way, protest PBO all you like. That is in the 1st Amendment as well.
It is called freedom of religion for a reason and not called freedom of Christianity . All religions should have equal representation when addressing public prayer as you mentioned. Personally I'm agnostic , not to be confused with atheist, which basically means I am not sure what I believe. I feel personal beliefs should be kept personal or at least allow all faiths the same opportunity for public displays of prayer and stop trying to redefine the term religion as the overall meaning of Christianity

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of43
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Blowing Rock Discussions

Search the Blowing Rock Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Justin Chambers 16 min MommaT 14
mr original gyros closed 1 hr Biker Bob 8
Valdese Hospital 1 hr Bike Bob 3
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 1 hr State of Florida 54,906
Tourism Board meets, provides presentation to P... 2 hr TERRY WILL 1
Tommy Seeds 14 hr AprilSammysNiece 1
Caldwell County says goodby to Willard Blevins,... 17 hr really 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Blowing Rock Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••