Dave

Wilkesboro, NC

#1 Jul 12, 2014
Say goodbye to your halfway decent fire services. Those boys are forming a union!
Joe

Banner Elk, NC

#2 Jul 14, 2014
Says who
Dave

Boone, NC

#3 Jul 14, 2014
Says me.
Joe

Banner Elk, NC

#4 Jul 15, 2014
And who are you and how do you know this? Anyone can post anything but that doesn't make it true. How about something other than your say so.
Frank

Wilkesboro, NC

#5 Jul 24, 2014
It's true. There is a handful of firefighters (specifically one) that don't want to do their job. They want the money, but don't want to participate in training, or anything other than the bare minimum. They want to punch in, punch out, and be done with it. This handful of firefighters (specifically one) has rallied other members of the department to join this joke of a union. I'm sure it doesn't help having a clown run the department.
Joe

Banner Elk, NC

#6 Jul 25, 2014
Well which is it a handful or just one also NC is a right to work state which means that even if a union is voted in they can't force everyone to join. I still don't see anything other than hearsay about this and this is the only place I have heard such a thing.
Mitch

Boone, NC

#7 Jul 25, 2014
Come on Frank. You know that Joe knows everything about everything in the town of Boone. It's impossible for you to know something that he knows nothing about.
Joe

Banner Elk, NC

#8 Jul 26, 2014
Mitch wrote:
Come on Frank. You know that Joe knows everything about everything in the town of Boone. It's impossible for you to know something that he knows nothing about.
I don't ever thing however I do know a lot of people who work for the town and a few on the fire dept. and not one person has been able to confirm this. If such a thing was really happening you would think that the word would get around in other place's than just here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump's Cruelty to Widow 10 min State of Florida 28
Trumpís Bold Declarations are BS 2 hr waco1909 122
Republicans Strip Retirement from Millions of A... 2 hr waco1909 76
Trump's Economic Collapse is Looming 2 hr waco1909 21
Lowest unemployment claims in 40 years 2 hr waco1909 6
Bush Condemns Trump's Lies, Racism & Hatespeech 2 hr waco1909 4
Cajah's Mountain Town Council 9 hr PamBrown 58

Blowing Rock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance