WNC restaurants are finalists in contest

WNC restaurants are finalists in contest

There are 39 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Apr 24, 2009, titled WNC restaurants are finalists in contest. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Raleigh Eateries in Hendersonville, Flat Rock, Saluda and Blowing Rock were among 19 named finalists today for the state Department of Agriculture's "Best Dish in North Carolina," honoring restaurants that use North Carolina food products.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1 Apr 24, 2009
Asheville has none to compete. I thought everyone was raving about Asheville food.

“Warning I misspell Get over it”

Since: Aug 07

Asheville NC

#2 Apr 24, 2009
LOL This is awesome, This just MADE MY DAY!!!!

Lol Asheville got left out, I thought Asheville dining was on par with Paris and San Fran LOL

Excellent day indeed!!!!!!
CJOHNNY

Wilmington, NC

#3 Apr 24, 2009
12 Bones should have been 1.
Winnie

Greenville, SC

#4 Apr 24, 2009
What's wrong with you people? Why do you get so much enjoyment in trashing the city in which you live? Move!

Asheville NC

#5 Apr 24, 2009
Nope Not moving lived here all my life.

This little article shows what I thought all long, that the Dining scene is Asheville was Overated :-).

And if ANY dining establishment was to be in this Contest it would be 12 Bones, but thats not down town LOL
Critic

Clayton, NC

#6 Apr 24, 2009
Ahhh, hello food in NC sucks. Go to NY if you wan good food, it ain't down here, thats for sure.

Location hidden

#7 Apr 25, 2009
Winnie wrote:
What's wrong with you people? Why do you get so much enjoyment in trashing the city in which you live? Move!
The people that run it trash it so it sets a example for all the sheep.
Winnie

Greenville, SC

#8 Apr 25, 2009
fastsam wrote:
<quoted text>The people that run it trash it so it sets a example for all the sheep.
A good example is usually a positive influence. Since when was negativity a good example?

Location hidden

#9 Apr 25, 2009
Winnie wrote:
<quoted text>
A good example is usually a positive influence. Since when was negativity a good example?
You are exactly right and our Government leaders need to learn this.

theSgtRock

Since: Mar 09

Johnson City, TN

#10 Apr 26, 2009
fastsam wrote:
Asheville has none to compete. I thought everyone was raving about Asheville food.
Asheville was probably disqualified because of the freaks.
Reese

Greenville, SC

#11 Apr 26, 2009
theSgtRock wrote:
<quoted text>
Asheville was probably disqualified because of the freaks.
Great. Yet another badmouther that never has anything pleasant or positive to say. To all you in this mode I say I'm sorry for you and your miserable lives. Others are having fun and enjoying life. Too bad yours is such a downer. On topic, Asheville is a great place to live and has a great number of terrific restaurants. The downtown restaurants are my favorites but there are an abundance on every side of town. Maybe these restaurants didn't win because they don't subscribe to providing all NC produced goods.

theSgtRock

Johnson City, TN

#12 Apr 26, 2009
Reese wrote:
<quoted text>
Great. Yet another badmouther that never has anything pleasant or positive to say. To all you in this mode I say I'm sorry for you and your miserable lives. Others are having fun and enjoying life. Too bad yours is such a downer. On topic, Asheville is a great place to live and has a great number of terrific restaurants. The downtown restaurants are my favorites but there are an abundance on every side of town. Maybe these restaurants didn't win because they don't subscribe to providing all NC produced goods.
Oh be quiet Buck.
Reese

Greenville, SC

#13 Apr 26, 2009
theSgtRock wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh be quiet Buck.
That would be Buckette to you Mr. Doom, Gloom and Misery. Anything you don't hate?
Charlie

Asheville, NC

#14 Apr 26, 2009
theSgtRock wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh be quiet Buck.
LOL Glad to see you back, Sarge.

theSgtRock

Johnson City, TN

#15 Apr 26, 2009
Charlie wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Glad to see you back, Sarge.
Thanks Charlie!

theSgtRock

Johnson City, TN

#16 Apr 26, 2009
Reese wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be Buckette to you Mr. Doom, Gloom and Misery. Anything you don't hate?
Yes. There's a lot that I don't hate. Don't work up an ulcer over it Bucket.

Asheville NC

#17 Apr 26, 2009
Reese wrote:
<quoted text>
If those restaurants were so great where are they on the list?

So happiness is = to eating down town I think Id ratther pass because downtown is NOT that great, and neither are the places to eat. That is a pipe dream.

The sun does not rise nor set in downtown asheville

theSgtRock

Jonesborough, TN

#18 Apr 27, 2009
Most of the dives downtown are beer joints and they sell a little bit of weird food so they can CLAIM to be a restaurant.
Good and Bad

Pinetops, NC

#19 Apr 28, 2009
CJOHNNY wrote:
12 Bones should have been 1.
Where is 12 Bones ?? I have heard about it and looked for it on the internet and could not find it . Do you know the address or phone number ?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#20 Apr 28, 2009
mystery logger wrote:
LOL This is awesome, This just MADE MY DAY!!!!
Lol Asheville got left out, I thought Asheville dining was on par with Paris and San Fran LOL
Excellent day indeed!!!!!!
What kind of childish reaction is that? Hearing that no restaurant in Asheville made it actually "made your day"?

The ones of you who get pleasure out of trashing your own town is quite pathetic. But typical for this forum. Grow up a little.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti Trump riots spread. 2 min Waco1910 511
Improve Lenoir 5 min DPATT5150 16
Multi-personality Victoria 1 hr Waco1910 10
Linda McMahon to be in TRUMPS Cabinet. 2 hr Waco1910 44
You guys lost 2 hr Waco1910 5
Victoria labiaplasty succesful! 2 hr Waco1910 7
Giuliani out for SOS. 2 hr Waco1910 2

Blowing Rock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance