CDC. Five years later.

“Try to enjoy the ride.”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#1 Oct 28, 2013
I joined this board 5 years ago, roughly. Didn't register the name until 2009, but I was posting on the board beforehand. I was told my many people I would change as I grew, and thus my views would change. Well I'm here today, to say you were right. I've changed a lot since my first few posts. Over the years I have posted on here less and less. Haven't posted here in quite a while, and doubt many (if any) of the original posters are still here. But on the off chance they are, here's what has changed.

When I joined I was 23, single, lived with my mom. Didn't have a license, didn't have a job, drank a lot, partied a lot, went to school off and on. Talked a lot about atheism, politics, etc...

Today I am 28, married, have my own place, have a mortgage payment, car, life, the whole 9 yards. A pretty damn good job working in the IT field. Don't really talk much about atheism and politics anymore.

Have my views change? Certainly. I'm still not a religious person. I'm probably not ever going to be a subscriber to the idea of a benevolent creator. Does the title of atheist still fit? Yes. Am I nearly as outspoken about it? as I used to be? Not really.

It doesn't really do anything for me anymore. It's more of a personal decision. I don't really care what other people believe anymore. I was an extremely hostile person because I had lived an extremely hostile life, IE, Drinking, fighting, screaming into a microphone, etc...

I've let go of a lot my hostility, and no longer feel the need to assert my beliefs onto others. Believe what you want, just leave me out of it is kind of how I feel now. For me atheism is a logical conclusion I came to, but I suppose theism works for many, many people... so who am I to argue that? My only issue with religion comes from using it to enforce laws that prohibit others from being happy. That's really it.

I guess I've calmed down a bit. I still have a fondness for horror movies, heavy music, and writing, those things will probably never change.

Me and the wife celebrated 4 years of marriage recently with a trip to Disney World. I don't use the CDC moniker anymore really. Just used this account so people would know it was really me and not some jobber.

Politically... I have no opinions anymore. I think the left is disgusting, the right is disgusting, the tea party is a joke... all of it is just fucking HORRENDOUS and I want nothing to do with it anymore. I just don't even want to talk politics. I'm probably never voting again, at least not for a candidate from the 2 party system.

Anyway, I'm sure this post is more self-serving than anything, but there were a few (4-5) people on here that I talked with and had passionate discussions with that seemed to genuinely want to know where life took me... so that's where I am now. Maybe in another couple years I'll drop in for another update.

As for posting here regularly, I don't post here because the majority of the people on this board are absolutely abysmal. The topics, the discussion,s the grammar... the mudslinging... it's all so very juvenile, and quite frankly insulting to my well being. So, no, I shall not be posting here regularly. Maybe in this thread to respond to a few people, just for shits and giggles. Other than that... Take 'er easy.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 Oct 29, 2013
You've come far, pilgrim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White America is waking up. 1 hr Rock 26
Cop cleared in Freddie Gray Euthanization. 1 hr Rock 135
Greensbore Officer shoots feral Dindu. 1 hr Robert 1
Memorial Day, remember our fallen Jewish comrades. 2 hr Robert 22
State Honored With NAMBLA Award 4 hr waco1909 25
Would you trust this crook? 12 hr Hyatt 2
probation officers (Jul '12) 15 hr shubakabra 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blowing Rock Mortgages