First Prev
of 4
Next Last
concerned citizen

Holly Springs, NC

#1 Mar 25, 2014
Went to the Forum tonight to see what a NEW BEGINNING was about. Found out that the new beginning started with not showing up. Learned all I need to know about this candidate. When the chance to speak to the public happens LANCE is a runner.
say what?

Landrum, SC

#2 Mar 25, 2014
concerned citizen wrote:
Went to the Forum tonight to see what a NEW BEGINNING was about. Found out that the new beginning started with not showing up. Learned all I need to know about this candidate. When the chance to speak to the public happens LANCE is a runner.
Well actually Wilson has a job and responsibility to meet. He can't play politics on the taxpayers dollar. The forum was notified in advance Wilson had a work schedule conflict with such short notice. Believe it or not, some people still have work ethics and feel a responsibility to meet our prior work obligations without placing politics first. Many may not understand that a responsibility to tax paying citizens should be their first priority, not playing politics but then again it appears some officials find that line real cloudy. Regardless if Wilson appeared or not some one would have something smart to say. I will be so glad when Wilson has claimed the primary, then we will see many huge egos deflate.
I was there

Holly Springs, NC

#3 Mar 25, 2014
And the excuse he used......he had to work......really. Lance has known about this for a month. Planned not to be there. How many DMV Officers do you see working at night? NONE Scared of the truth.
Say What

Holly Springs, NC

#4 Mar 25, 2014
Forum was notified this mourning and he knew about this for a month. I was there when he was asked to be there.
concerned citizen

Holly Springs, NC

#5 Mar 25, 2014
Just what I thought. Scared
some people work

United States

#6 Mar 25, 2014
I know for a fact he has been working nights this week. Obviously you know nothing about SHP scheduling and they are not called DMV anymore. The only DMV officers are the inspectors with license and theft division. Motor Carrier is part of the SHP and have always worked at night, they work 24/7 and always have. I don't know if you know this or not but here is a little secret, trucks run at night and so do weigh stations. Its a little easier when you are paid by the county to politic on duty and not have to work for a living. Old waldo Jones can show up to a meet the candidate forum but he runs out of town every time an officer is shot or he has to answer why his deputies screwed up, why the county has another lawsuit or why he can't keep criminals under control.
Tea Time

Fayetteville, NC

#7 Mar 25, 2014
With such an important race and all the trash talk on other threads it seems that Mr. Wilson with over a month's notice would not have been a no show. Surely he has comp or vacation days. I don't accept that excuse. He did not even have a representative present. A real concern for a undecided voter.
concerned citizen

Holly Springs, NC

#8 Mar 25, 2014
I know that DMV is motor carrier and part of NCSHP. I was joking at his stupid job. Scale Jockys is what the real troopers call them. He still could have made plans to be there if Caldwell County was of importance to him.
concerned citizen

Holly Springs, NC

#9 Mar 25, 2014
Just called Newton and asked to speak with ole Lance guess what he is off duty WOW!!! Now what some people work?
sawt

Valdese, NC

#10 Mar 25, 2014
concerned citizen wrote:
Just called Newton and asked to speak with ole Lance guess what he is off duty WOW!!! Now what some people work?
Good grief people! Stalk someone why don't you?! If you don't want to vote for the man,
then don't! It would be a lot easier for him to just keep on doing what he already does and move out of Craptown, NC Caldwell County district than to deal with this junk. Why don't you grow up already? If anything, you've tipped my vote right on over for sure now. I WILL be voting for Lance Wilson for sure now. Jones can thank ya'll for that.
way to go

Lenoir, NC

#11 Mar 25, 2014
Tea Time wrote:
With such an important race and all the trash talk on other threads it seems that Mr. Wilson with over a month's notice would not have been a no show. Surely he has comp or vacation days. I don't accept that excuse. He did not even have a representative present. A real concern for a undecided voter.
I heard he had his people there, you mean they didn't speak up. Sad. Anymore bright ideas geniuses. Maybe Wilson can blow off some other important dates and meetings between now and may to seal the deal. Great planning.
way to go

Lenoir, NC

#12 Mar 25, 2014
sawt wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief people! Stalk someone why don't you?! If you don't want to vote for the man,
then don't! It would be a lot easier for him to just keep on doing what he already does and move out of Craptown, NC Caldwell County district than to deal with this junk. Why don't you grow up already? If anything, you've tipped my vote right on over for sure now. I WILL be voting for Lance Wilson for sure now. Jones can thank ya'll for that.
Well if you're going to talk so much shit you better be prepared to do more than post a few newspaper articles and call it a day. I guess the Wilson crew was too busy basking in the glory of their "big idea" to make sure he showed up to something so important. Its also good to know what you all think of caldwell county and the people in it.
sawt

Valdese, NC

#13 Mar 25, 2014
way to go wrote:
<quoted text>Well if you're going to talk so much shit you better be prepared to do more than post a few newspaper articles and call it a day. I guess the Wilson crew was too busy basking in the glory of their "big idea" to make sure he showed up to something so important. Its also good to know what you all think of caldwell county and the people in it.
With the behavior going on in here, it sure looks right on the money to me. You do realize when you work in a higher rank of law enforcement, you are subject to your superior's discretion concerning days off? At state level, it's first come first serve. It's nothing unusual to have to put in for a day off a year prior to the day in order to get it. There are many variables at play such as the need for coverage,(people do really get sick or have family emergencies which cause them to be out and require other people to take their places). It's also possible to be assigned to another county in such situations. Regardless of all that, as I said prior, vote for who you want to vote, but at least have enough respect for the man not to call his job and stalk him there!
unreasonable

Lenoir, NC

#14 Mar 26, 2014
WILSON was not at work. He was afraid of the fallout from the ad.
Saver

United States

#15 Mar 26, 2014
Hahaha, where has Sheriff Jones been the last 4 years, not being the sheriff is what the crime numbers say. Vote Wilson for Sheriff!
Accountable

Morganton, NC

#16 Mar 26, 2014
unreasonable wrote:
WILSON was not at work. He was afraid of the fallout from the ad.
Really??? How do you know this? Please, we all BEG you to post this on his Facebook page so he can answer for himself. Nothing on here is taken serious, however, if you'll post it there publicly it seems more legitimate. Everyone is calling him out on here, nobody has called him out on not attending on his public page though.
WOW

Hickory, NC

#17 Mar 26, 2014
Really! He was locked up on a drunk and disorderly charge in Catawba County!

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#18 Mar 26, 2014
I was there wrote:
And the excuse he used......he had to work......really. Lance has known about this for a month. Planned not to be there. How many DMV Officers do you see working at night? NONE Scared of the truth.
Are you insane? DMV officers DO WORK AT NIGHT. You get out much? DMV officers are not in charge of their schedule, either. They have BOSSES.
I see

Lenoir, NC

#20 Mar 26, 2014
Well you know Jones would have been there no matter what time of the day or week it was, what else does he have to do? The numbers show he sure as hell isn't working at his job as Sheriff neither is his command staff or deputies apparently. I can totally see why acting Sheriff Jones needs a raise. Its hard work running from your job, politicking and going to school on my dime.
JonesGone

United States

#21 Mar 26, 2014
I see wrote:
Well you know Jones would have been there no matter what time of the day or week it was, what else does he have to do? The numbers show he sure as hell isn't working at his job as Sheriff neither is his command staff or deputies apparently. I can totally see why acting Sheriff Jones needs a raise. Its hard work running from your job, politicking and going to school on my dime.
Lol, yeah what a great deal. Jones is nothing more than a Gamewell redneck tied in with Alex Nelson and Jimmy Gilbert, so hat should tell you volumes. People very close to Jones are learning more about him and he is losing many supporters. Jones just sits back and laughs, he can't believe he is making the money he does now and it is a joke among him and his friends. His wife isn't very happy with him right now, a close mutual friend told me that she is close to leaving him because he is such a liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WMD'S FOUND ALL ACROSS THE USA news flash 1 hr Preying Menace 5
Cleveland cops not indicted? 3 hr Blue Triangle 4
500 National Guard in Baltimore 4 hr Blue Triangle 628
Benghazi Truth Slowly Revealed (Aug '13) 4 hr Ben 63
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 (Sep '14) 4 hr Blue Triangle 10,099
Twin Peaks Shootout 6 hr Waco 1909 25
Josh Duggar molested his little sister! 8 hr Jim Bob Amen 21
More from around the web

Blowing Rock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE