Jenny

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Oct 13, 2012
Who is the hateful redhead that works there? I heard her talking mean to someone in there the other day that brought in a dog.
Snuggy

Boone, NC

#2 Oct 15, 2012
The Irish are always pissy about anything.Didn't you know that.
Snuggy

Boone, NC

#3 Oct 15, 2012
The Irish are always pissy about anything.Didn't you know that?
Bob

Carolina Beach, NC

#4 Oct 15, 2012
The redhead girl that works there has always been very nice to me. I had a dog die after a couple weeks after I adopted it, and she had no issue with me getting another one to replace it, even though it was past the "warranty" time period. I'm sure that if she was talking mean to someone, they deserved it.
brian

Sugar Grove, NC

#5 Oct 20, 2012
I pretty muched stopped going there when the idiots working there started to label dogs as aggressive for barking. Its clear that most of them have no idea what there doing or talking about when it comes to the animals there trying to adopt out. they sentence more dogs to death every year as a result of ther stupidity then they adopt to families. People if you want a loyal family pet talk to the military and adopt a retired service dog from them. You will not regret it and you will be giving a K9 soldier a chance at retirement. thats what i do.
Oh well

Boone, NC

#6 Feb 15, 2014
The "thrift shop" is in dire need of some attention - either keep it open regular hours ( and EVENING hours when people who WORK can shop), also the lady in there recently had said she had never been to the buidling on the hilll - wow. Also, the prices aren't great, they should have sales so the stuff moves and isn't so squished together, could be a great spot with some TLC, and some parking.
lorim

Boone, NC

#7 Mar 28, 2014
Know someone who worked there and was not happy with several issues. It breaks my heart.
Ashamed

Jonesborough, TN

#8 Apr 6, 2014
lorim wrote:
Know someone who worked there and was not happy with several issues. It breaks my heart.
I used to be proud of our Humane Society in Boone, but not anymore. That big, fancy facility does little to hide the fact, that many of their employees are just plain rude. They are scared too death that someone is going to bring a dog or cat in there that didn't come from Watauga County. I have heard stories of people who were pretty much called liars when they took in a dog they found. Sad.....
Randi

Boone, NC

#9 Apr 6, 2014
I love the humane society, they are caring people, and if you are not from Watauga county, you have no business trying to dump your animals there!
Mike

Boone, NC

#10 Apr 6, 2014
I found a litter of 4 cats. I did the right thing, and took them to WHS. The lady was downright b!tchy and tried to guilt trip me into paying the costs to have them examined and fixed. No wonder people drop animals off at the door.
Ashamed

Jonesborough, TN

#11 Apr 14, 2014
Randi wrote:
I love the humane society, they are caring people, and if you are not from Watauga county, you have no business trying to dump your animals there!
I used to live there, but don't anymore. Even if I did live there, I wouldn't take an animal there. That is the point I am making. The residents of the county are treated like they are up to "something" if they take an animal there. You can defend them all day long, but nothing can dispute an actual experience someone has had and in this case, they are numerous. I have heard a lot of people with the same complaint.
bob

Wilkesboro, NC

#12 Apr 14, 2014
The place sucks rude and don't know what they are doing. Worst place in the high country.
Bill

Boone, NC

#13 Apr 18, 2014
bob wrote:
The place sucks rude and don't know what they are doing. Worst place in the high country.
hey bob, maybe you should go to the Ashe county shelter then and stay out of our county :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cop cleared in Freddie Gray Euthanization. 32 min CarolinaFan 109
Memorial Day, remember our fallen Jewish comrades. 56 min Robert 6
104.5 Homegrown Radio in Granite Falls (Jan '09) 1 hr sandy 5
looking for girl engaged to buddy sanders (Sep '15) 2 hr buddyex 8
hibriten baseball 2 hr monster walk 18
State Honored With NAMBLA Award 3 hr State of Florida 23
Snitches in caldwell county 5 hr dessi the informant 38
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blowing Rock Mortgages