Frustrated

Boone, NC

#1 Oct 25, 2013
Why is it so difficult for a local to nab a job? Honestly I have applied daily for positions that I am very qualified for and can't even get a interview .What adds insult is that the jobs applied for seem to be hiring. for the same position every month or so.
Bob

Boone, NC

#2 Oct 27, 2013
Can you send me some pictures of yourself little Missy? I'd bet I can find a "position on my staff" for you.
king st

Jonesville, SC

#3 Oct 27, 2013
This town runs off a "who do you know system". If u don't know someone in the place you are applying you wont get the job. Usually they have already picked who they are hiring but legally still have to post the job.
anon

Boone, NC

#4 Oct 29, 2013
I have a suggestion, go in to the business and ask to speak to the person that hires or the owner if the store is smaller. If you are persistent, more than likely one of them will give you a chance. Appearing, rather than calling tells them you are ready to work. Tell them you need a job and will work hard. That is what business owners want to hear.
Bob

Boone, NC

#5 Oct 29, 2013
Anon nailed it. If you keep seeing a job posted every month, and you show up every time it is posted, that shows that you are dead serious about working. Don't harass, but persistence pays off. Also, go to businesses, and ask if they are hiring. If not, ask if you can leave your resume with them.
chuck the stud duck

Banner Elk, NC

#6 Nov 3, 2013
Frustrated wrote:
Why is it so difficult for a local to nab a job? Honestly I have applied daily for positions that I am very qualified for and can't even get a interview .What adds insult is that the jobs applied for seem to be hiring. for the same position every month or so.
first off what does that tell you when you see open positions every month on the same job it tells me something is wrong if the turnover rate is like that ,second if you applied daily and they still won't give you the time of day something is wrong that they don't want you.i believe if i were you i wouldn't beg them for that position just move along to something else it's probably a shitty job anyhow that's the reason they can't keep anybody.
frustrated

Boone, NC

#7 Nov 12, 2013
All I want is someone to give me a chance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is the Biggest Liar 12 min Slippery Pete 119
trump: is tha man! 2 hr Floridiot 25
Super bowl SUNDAY! 2 hr Floridiot 41
MARCOBOT self-destructs on TV 6 hr waco1909 20
Caldwell UNC Healthcare 10 hr waco1909 5
"Pastor's Protection Act" 12 hr Rev Manboylove 167
All False statements involving Hillary Clinton 14 hr Floridiot 44
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blowing Rock Mortgages