wow

Lenoir, NC

#1 Aug 25, 2013
Has any one else seen a huge increase in their electric bill from Duke. Mine went up nearly $90 this past month. Damn Duke energy is ripping everyone off.....
hahasucker

Charlotte, NC

#2 Aug 25, 2013
Ha Ha! Turn off your crack-stove more often!!!
Duh

Banner Elk, NC

#3 Aug 25, 2013
wow wrote:
Has any one else seen a huge increase in their electric bill from Duke. Mine went up nearly $90 this past month. Damn Duke energy is ripping everyone off.....
The amount of the bill is meaningless.

Did your kWhs used increase, or did the price per kWr increase?
wow

Lenoir, NC

#4 Aug 26, 2013
stupid comments like these are really whats meaningless. idiots!
Duh

Banner Elk, NC

#5 Aug 26, 2013
wow wrote:
stupid comments like these are really whats meaningless. idiots!
Really? Because if you used more electricity, your bill is going to be higher, and it would be noone's fault but your own. Especially during the summer, when a malfunctioning air conditioner by itself could have a significant impact on your electric bill.

So tell me what's so stupid about this comment, aside from taking away the thunder of your rant against he big bad power company...
sparky

Lenoir, NC

#6 Aug 26, 2013
Duke Energy hasn't raised its rates yet, they applied to the NC Utilities Commission for a rate increase that would start this fall but the state is negotiating with them as they always do. Duke wants a 9.7% increase however the state has refused that and offered them a 4.5% increase and Duke has to donate 10 million to agencies that help the poor pay their power bills.

You should know this though if you get power from Duke because they have to send out letters anytime they propose an increase. Next time read the inserts that come in your bill. The other thing is even if they had increased rates it wouldn't have went up 90 dollars. Even if Duke got the entire 9.7% it would only average out to around 14 or so dollars more for the average customer.

If your bill went up 90 dollars then you have a problem on your end. A/C motor going bad, using A/C a lot more than normal or something, either way you should just look at your damn bill and see what your KwH usage is compared to last month and same time last year. Sometimes it pays to do a little research before you get excited.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
😂 POTUS Exploits One Legged North Kor... 7 min TSFmooseKnuckles 81
I Love My Sperm Too! 8 min TSFmooseKnuckles 127
State Of The Onion? McDonalds Onion Rings and ... 9 min TSFmooseKnuckles 73
🐄 your moms milk is tasty 🐄 10 min TSFmooseKnuckles 207
Victoria and Waco, Whoes Weiner is Smaller? 11 min TSFmooseKnuckles 121
President is on TV my Nips Are Hard! 11 min TSFmooseKnuckles 71
Trump's Approval at LOWEST LEVEL 12 min TSFmooseKnuckles 12

Blowing Rock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance