Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Sep 24, 2013
charlie

Boone, NC

#1 Sep 23, 2013
http://www2.wataugademocrat.com/News/story/Co...

Are they going to need some anger management therapy? I know some mental health professionals that would like to speak with them.
whathappened

Boone, NC

#2 Sep 23, 2013
The "newspaper" The Watauga Democrat used that word in the headline, not the commissioners. And it's actually a big deal. This is yet ANOTHER example of McCrory taking away authority from local governments.

Just like Charlotte can not control its airport and Asheville cannot control its water. Now counties will not be represented on the board that distributes mental healthcare money to the counties.
Joe Friday

Morganton, NC

#3 Sep 23, 2013
Could you explain how McCrory has anything to do with this? He isn't on the board at Smoky Mountain and I haven't heard any reference to him being involved. Do you know something? Or are you just making things up?

Smoky Mtn is the LME that administers the mental health programs for several counties,including Watauga. Since those counties provide a lot of the funding for Smoky Mountain, they have traditionally held seats on Smoky Mountain's board of Directors.

Now, the majority of that board wants to reduce the number of board members and wants to exclude several county commissioner members. This would mean that Watauga would have no say in how their money is allocated nor have any real imput into how Watauga taxpayer money is spent.
Charlie

Boone, NC

#4 Sep 23, 2013
First sentance: furious
Headline: anger

"furious anger"

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

whathappened wrote:
The "newspaper" The Watauga Democrat used that word in the headline, not the commissioners. And it's actually a big deal. This is yet ANOTHER example of McCrory taking away authority from local governments.
Just like Charlotte can not control its airport and Asheville cannot control its water. Now counties will not be represented on the board that distributes mental healthcare money to the counties.
Joe

Boone, NC

#5 Sep 24, 2013
What happened to the people who worked for new river?
Sam

Boone, NC

#6 Sep 24, 2013
http://www.infowars.com/samuel-l-jackson-to-o...
Charlie wrote:
First sentance: furious
Headline: anger
"furious anger"
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-IVQ-UP8yyYXX
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 5 min Waco 1909 58,807
Deep Gap Fire Department 4 hr Volunteerfirefighter 136
Lance Wilson 6 hr Blue Belly 66
GAMEWLL ELEMENTARY needs a light 6 hr needs help 6
Wheels Car Lot 7 hr roy 1
the change 7 hr gstring 1
Graduation project for Caldwell County Seniors (Oct '10) 9 hr surprise 23
•••
•••
•••

Blowing Rock Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000