6 workers leave Caldwell County sheriff's office

Nov 21, 2012 Full story: News & Record 273

Sheriff Alan Jones hasn't identified the six workers, and said he won't go into detail about the focus of the investigation or what it revealed.

Full Story
First Prev
of 14
Next Last
My Conclusions

Hickory, NC

#281 Feb 10, 2014
It’s interesting that these stories of scandal and corruption only show up on topix? There’s nothing in the Lenoir paper or Hickory paper; no charges have been filed. That pretty much sums it up. All this garbage is coming from a few enemies of Allen Jones. Most likely disgruntled ex-employees who think that Lance Wilson will hire them back if he is elected.
I believe Lance Wilson went on the record as saying he would not remove any current officers or re-hire any ex-employees. So I guess you folks are only after revenge for something you think Jones did to you.
NotSoFast

Scotland Neck, NC

#282 Feb 10, 2014
The story of the scandal was actually mentioned by the local paper, but Jones refused to comment. The other allegations have been mentioned in either the paper or in legal filings at the courthouse. It is far more than ex-employees, there are citizens, voters, business owners, parents and others that are talking about it. There is a former officer involved in the scandal that has produced a audio recording of his meeting with the Sheriff that is quite interesting. Don't worry, Sheriff Jones will have plenty of opportunity to explain his actions or lack of action to these and other actions during his final term. I consider it only fair to allow the Sheriff the opportunity to explain himself to the voters of this county.
My Conclusions

Hickory, NC

#283 Feb 10, 2014
NotSoFast wrote:
The story of the scandal was actually mentioned by the local paper, but Jones refused to comment. The other allegations have been mentioned in either the paper or in legal filings at the courthouse. It is far more than ex-employees, there are citizens, voters, business owners, parents and others that are talking about it. There is a former officer involved in the scandal that has produced a audio recording of his meeting with the Sheriff that is quite interesting. Don't worry, Sheriff Jones will have plenty of opportunity to explain his actions or lack of action to these and other actions during his final term. I consider it only fair to allow the Sheriff the opportunity to explain himself to the voters of this county.
Please post links to the stories you mention. No offense but I don’t believe anything posted on topix without evidence.
If you know so much about this and have all this evidence why have you not taken it to the county district attorney and had charges drawn up on Sherriff Jones.
so many scandals

Lenoir, NC

#284 Feb 10, 2014
My Conclusions wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post links to the stories you mention. No offense but I don’t believe anything posted on topix without evidence.
If you know so much about this and have all this evidence why have you not taken it to the county district attorney and had charges drawn up on Sherriff Jones.
I will have to look it up myself but I remember reading it in the paper as well, I am sure LNT has some way of getting a link just may have to search for it. Why dont you call them if you are so sure its not true? It was about the embezzlement for one and then the other is about the swingers club and the 6 officers allowed to resign at one time basically. That is just a small amount of stuff but since you are so positive Jones is a saint there are no point in wasting the time to tell you. If you think that many people are "disgruntled employees" then I cant help you nor would any amount of proof ever change your mind. Lance has promised to release the info when the time comes and all the ducks are in order so we shall see. Its funny there are that many "disgruntled employees" yet very few are fired and most just resign.... hmmm.

Here is a local news agency about the swingers club that I found in just a second
http://www.wwaytv3.com/2012/11/21/6-workers-l...
My Conclusions

Hickory, NC

#285 Feb 11, 2014
so many scandals wrote:
<quoted text>I will have to look it up myself but I remember reading it in the paper as well, I am sure LNT has some way of getting a link just may have to search for it. Why dont you call them if you are so sure its not true? It was about the embezzlement for one and then the other is about the swingers club and the 6 officers allowed to resign at one time basically. That is just a small amount of stuff but since you are so positive Jones is a saint there are no point in wasting the time to tell you. If you think that many people are "disgruntled employees" then I cant help you nor would any amount of proof ever change your mind. Lance has promised to release the info when the time comes and all the ducks are in order so we shall see. Its funny there are that many "disgruntled employees" yet very few are fired and most just resign.... hmmm.
Here is a local news agency about the swingers club that I found in just a second
http://www.wwaytv3.com/2012/11/21/6-workers-l...
So Jones allowed 6 officers to resign instead of firing them for their conduct in an internal matter. What’s the problem?

I see six ex-employees with a grudge against Jones who think Lance Wilson will re-hire them if elected.

I want to see where Jones was convicted of a crime, involved in a cover up or a scandal.

Innocent till proven guilty.

Your rumors and hearsay evidence are useless.
go wilson

Enfield, IL

#286 Feb 11, 2014
My Conclusions wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jones allowed 6 officers to resign instead of firing them for their conduct in an internal matter. What’s the problem?
I see six ex-employees with a grudge against Jones who think Lance Wilson will re-hire them if elected.
I want to see where Jones was convicted of a crime, involved in a cover up or a scandal.
Innocent till proven guilty.
Your rumors and hearsay evidence are useless.
its easy to see you are just one of his sock puppets lol. Actually he has had over one hundred plus employees turnover since he has been sheriff so take your pick there idiot. I spouse everyone is wrong and a disgruntled employee except the lackeys that work for him.

Its pretty obvious to see you actually know the truth but are trying to play the innocent till proven guilty crap every criminal does. Well unfortunately for you and jones that doesn't apply in court of public opinion and thankfully Wilson has the evidence to back it up and will be out soon enough. Can't wait to see your reaction then. Denial is a bad thing.

Most anyone with half a brain knows why allowing them to resign is wrong and they are not the ones talking as he is protecting them. We will see in may what the public believes. They are not as stupid as you and jones want to think they are.
My Conclusions

Hickory, NC

#287 Feb 11, 2014
go wilson wrote:
<quoted text>its easy to see you are just one of his sock puppets lol. Actually he has had over one hundred plus employees turnover since he has been sheriff so take your pick there idiot. I spouse everyone is wrong and a disgruntled employee except the lackeys that work for him.
Its pretty obvious to see you actually know the truth but are trying to play the innocent till proven guilty crap every criminal does. Well unfortunately for you and jones that doesn't apply in court of public opinion and thankfully Wilson has the evidence to back it up and will be out soon enough. Can't wait to see your reaction then. Denial is a bad thing.
Most anyone with half a brain knows why allowing them to resign is wrong and they are not the ones talking as he is protecting them. We will see in may what the public believes. They are not as stupid as you and jones want to think they are.
Prove your allegations or shut your pie hole!
My Conclusions

Hickory, NC

#288 Feb 11, 2014
I guess this the big scandal?

CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C.-- An internal investigation by the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office led to the termination of six employees. On Tuesday Caldwell County Sheriff Alan Jones announced that four Sheriff's Office personnel and two employees with communications resigned following the investigation. Sheriff Jones says the investigation is a confidential personnel matter, and would not elaborate on the circumstances that prompted the inquiry into the employees.

LENOIR —A Caldwell County sheriff's deputy resigned Tuesday after allegations of misconduct were investigated. Sgt. John “Jack” Day Jr. served in the department’s Detention Division and worked with people who were under house arrest. The investigation was terminated once he resigned, Capt. B.J. Fore of the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office said. Day could not be reached Monday for comment. He had been employed full-time as a deputy since June 15, 2005. Fore would not confirm the nature of the misconduct allegation.
The sheriff’s office said in a press release that there would be no comment on a personnel matter.
Day is at least the seventh sheriff’s office employee to leave the sheriff's office in the face of misconduct allegations. In November, four deputies and two communications employees resigned as a result of an internal investigation.

So there was an internal investigation people were fired or resigned Jones kept the information private to protect those that resigned. If there was an issue with the people fired why are they not telling why they were investigated? Sounds like Jones did what needed doing and cleaned house.

Sherriff Allen Jones called in the SBI to investigate,
The district attorney did not prosecute John “Jack” Day because of insufficient evidence.

Sgt. Erle Davis and Capt. Mike Longo story
http://www.hickoryrecord.com/news/article_916...
Another story

Maiden, NC

#289 Feb 11, 2014
My Conclusions wrote:
I guess this the big scandal?
CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C.-- An internal investigation by the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office led to the termination of six employees. On Tuesday Caldwell County Sheriff Alan Jones announced that four Sheriff's Office personnel and two employees with communications resigned following the investigation. Sheriff Jones says the investigation is a confidential personnel matter, and would not elaborate on the circumstances that prompted the inquiry into the employees.
LENOIR —A Caldwell County sheriff's deputy resigned Tuesday after allegations of misconduct were investigated. Sgt. John “Jack” Day Jr. served in the department’s Detention Division and worked with people who were under house arrest. The investigation was terminated once he resigned, Capt. B.J. Fore of the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office said. Day could not be reached Monday for comment. He had been employed full-time as a deputy since June 15, 2005. Fore would not confirm the nature of the misconduct allegation.
The sheriff’s office said in a press release that there would be no comment on a personnel matter.
Day is at least the seventh sheriff’s office employee to leave the sheriff's office in the face of misconduct allegations. In November, four deputies and two communications employees resigned as a result of an internal investigation.
So there was an internal investigation people were fired or resigned Jones kept the information private to protect those that resigned. If there was an issue with the people fired why are they not telling why they were investigated? Sounds like Jones did what needed doing and cleaned house.
Sherriff Allen Jones called in the SBI to investigate,
The district attorney did not prosecute John “Jack” Day because of insufficient evidence.
Sgt. Erle Davis and Capt. Mike Longo story
http://www.hickoryrecord.com/news/article_916...
And the Monty Poarch story...
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story...

There's no wonder all the sex scandal allegations are going on at CCSO when you hire then promote people who've already admitted and lost a job for it.
Big Deal

Hickory, NC

#290 Feb 12, 2014
So Monty Poarch had sex while wearing a state trooper uniform?
Is that it?
That somehow disqualified him as a sheriff’s deputy.
Bill Clinton had sex in the Oval Office while pretending to be president. He never got fired and he maybe the next first lady.
Laughabel

Zebulon, NC

#291 Mar 4, 2014
CRAZY MISTY wrote:
Misty you are a total nut.. I've seen your videos. Pay your landlord and stop acting like an idiot. You're obviously mentally unstable. Please stop posting on here. Your drunken pill induced rambling makes no sense and honestly no one cares
Your such an idiot accusing this person of being pill drunken period, as they are proactive in the fight against prescription pill abuse, who has challenged the medical board on two different occasions about two different well known doctors one being a bone surgeon from Frye Regional Medical center and another very well known doctor in Morganton which handed out pills like candy, the testimony given resulted in them being removed from practicing in the medical field. This person also took the time to file a proper complaint for Color of Law Violations with the FBI under Title 18 Sec 241/242 the Police Misconduct Statute, so before you wife swapping rejects put your two since worth in take a bath in holey water beat yourself with the holey bible and come back with some facts....
ask and you shall recive

Zebulon, NC

#292 Mar 4, 2014
changes cumming wrote:
i hear j warlick was fired? just wondering, and is me jarden still the captian of the patrol officers? i agree with alot of thing's this jail needs serious and immediant change. but if we all stay on topix and never report the jail to get an investigation opened we are never going to see change. so what i am asking is, can anyone repost all of the real web sights that you can go on and make your complaint and hopefully open eyes and ear's.and forget the county manager all he said was sir! my hands are tied at the moment and we are investigating it. so that just told me he is in with the corupt misbehavior un sanitary disease infected jail.and that damn dog with the nurse wth it could'nt sniff shit much less drugs does she seriously think her walmart med tech's is going to actually help her, people are very very sick up there in jail. staff,lice,scabies,you name it it's there. we need change im ready to report my proof if anyone has a correct link that you dont mind sharing.
This is the website that explains how to file a proper complaint. Make sure you send all information requested and do so by certified mail only.

. http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/civil...
rolling

Lenoir, NC

#293 Mar 25, 2014
Poor leadership at CCSO wrote:
I hope everyone remembers all this come May 6.
I would like to hear jones explain why more cases are not solved

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 8 min Victor 4,209
Brookford Inn Rest Home 1 hr really 2
Who do you support for president in 2014? 1 hr Central Texas Town 1
Question about Woodlawn Memorial Gardens 9 hr SoSorry 6
Caldwell / Burke County Yard Sale. (Mar '13) 11 hr God is god 26
poncho villa (Feb '13) 12 hr God is god 32
Nara & Fumiyoshi Japanese Restaurants 14 hr Duh 3
Blowing Rock Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web