Wal-Mart Check-Out Lines
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Info

Lincolnton, NC

#1 Jul 16, 2012
WHY, WHY, WHY? Are there so many cash registers in the front at Wal-Mart, and when you start to check out, there are only 2-4 of them open at one time? Is anyone else tired of waiting in long lines when they could just open more registers????

Could someone explain why they leave all those registers closed?
Jan

Flint, MI

#2 Jul 16, 2012
poor management
Lenoir

Black Mountain, NC

#3 Jul 16, 2012
Because it is Lenoir. I have been in many other Wal-Marts and they are not like that. Though I must say the one in Granite Falls is the same way.
waller

Monroe, NC

#4 Jul 16, 2012
It's simple...economics. Stores staff registers based on sales volume.
Dunno

Greensboro, NC

#6 Jul 17, 2012
Program the stores phone number in your cell & call the store manager every time this happens.This is what I do just about every time I'm in there. Always same excuse " We had people to call in sick". If these people don't want to work,fire them & hire somebody that will.I believe it would be pretty easy to find someone in Lenoir that's unemployed looking for a job.
Good Idea

United States

#7 Jul 17, 2012
Dunno wrote:
Program the stores phone number in your cell & call the store manager every time this happens.This is what I do just about every time I'm in there. Always same excuse " We had people to call in sick". If these people don't want to work,fire them & hire somebody that will.I believe it would be pretty easy to find someone in Lenoir that's unemployed looking for a job.
Hey, that's a pretty good idea. I'll have to try that next time.
has to be said

Mountain City, TN

#8 Jul 17, 2012
Boone is the same. If you have people with loaded carts they only open one lane for you and 5 express lanes. It takes me longer to check out then the shopping.
Common Sense

Weaverville, NC

#9 Jul 17, 2012
I have NEVER been in a Walmart anywhere when all the registers were open and running-- not even at Christmas. So why did they put so may up there? Maybe it's to more completely block the exits??
from their website

Lenoir, NC

#10 Jul 17, 2012
Customer Service
1-800-Walmart (1-800-925-6278)
We'd like to hear from you. Send your local store or our corporate headquarters a comment.
from their website

Lenoir, NC

#11 Jul 17, 2012
http://www.walmartstores.com/contactus/feedba...

This is the link to complain online
worker

Black Mountain, NC

#12 Jul 17, 2012
Dunno wrote:
Sometimes it is the fact that there is noone in the store to run th registers. Also it is harder than you may think to get someone in the store as an employee. Yes unemployment is high but most people want more money than the job pays and in turn decline the job. The ones that dont want to work they do fire, but the store manager has to go through his superiors to post job positions.
Info

Lincolnton, NC

#13 Jul 17, 2012
I sent an e-mail and expressed my dislike for the long lines. Next time I will leave the store and shop elsewhere.
bull

Black Mountain, NC

#14 Jul 17, 2012
worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes it is the fact that there is noone in the store to run th registers. Also it is harder than you may think to get someone in the store as an employee. Yes unemployment is high but most people want more money than the job pays and in turn decline the job. The ones that dont want to work they do fire, but the store manager has to go through his superiors to post job positions.

LMAO Bull Shi*. If there are people standing around doing nothing or acting like they are doing something then there are people to check you out. If there is a manager there then she can jump on a register like they do in other stores. Oh and the lines would move a lot faster if it did not some cashiers 15 minutes to check out a customer because they are catching up on gossip or the cashier is checking out how cute the outfits are that the customer is buying.
Dunno

Greensboro, NC

#15 Jul 18, 2012
Also if all registers are backed up and 20 or less lanes are open & I have a cart full,I go to one of them.Just waiting till they tell me I have to much for that lane.Seems like they always have 4 or 5 of them open & only 1 or 2 regular ones
Cashier At Wal-Mart

Lincolnton, NC

#16 Jul 30, 2012
If you a**holes do not like it, shop somewhere else - we are sick of you cheap sob's anyway. Go to Just Save, Food Lion or Aldi - get the heck outta my store.
Info

Cherryville, NC

#17 Jul 30, 2012
You need to find another job if you don't like working with the public..I am sure you wouldnt appreciate standing in line for 30-45 minutes, when they could open other registers...I think everyone should start shopping at other stores until Wal-Mart fixes this problem, then you may have to be worried about keeping your job. At some stores, they will NOT allow over 3-4 people to be in line without opening another register immediately...That is called courtesy.
Cashier At Wal-Mart wrote:
If you a**holes do not like it, shop somewhere else - we are sick of you cheap sob's anyway. Go to Just Save, Food Lion or Aldi - get the heck outta my store.
Sally

Huntersville, NC

#18 Jul 30, 2012
I was at Wal-Mart in Lenoir last week there were two ppl in front of me the first one had a problem the cashier called for customer service several times they just ignored her they finally came after about 10 mins of standing there.
Pike Bishop

United States

#19 Jul 30, 2012
Sam Walton is spinning in his grave at the buy China policy and the crappy service.
I normally go to Dollar General for the stuff i used to buy at Wally World becuase of the lines.
If i have to go to wally world i go early before the crowd arrives. I have also done site to store online, order and pay online and go to the back for pickup. At Christmas they will let you order some stuff onlne and deliver to home by ups for free.
Not having checkout lines free on Saturday PM is just nuts.

Since: May 09

AOL

#20 Jul 30, 2012
Info wrote:
WHY, WHY, WHY? Are there so many cash registers in the front at Wal-Mart, and when you start to check out, there are only 2-4 of them open at one time? Is anyone else tired of waiting in long lines when they could just open more registers????
Could someone explain why they leave all those registers closed?
I quit Wal mart, the old walmart is much better(Magic Mart?) and my I add that I shopped today @ Fairvlue on Mgtn Blvd, what a plesant shopping experiance!

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#21 Jul 30, 2012
Info wrote:
You need to find another job if you don't like working with the public..I am sure you wouldnt appreciate standing in line for 30-45 minutes, when they could open other registers...I think everyone should start shopping at other stores until Wal-Mart fixes this problem, then you may have to be worried about keeping your job. At some stores, they will NOT allow over 3-4 people to be in line without opening another register immediately...That is called courtesy.
<quoted text>
While that "cashier at Walmart" post was completely bad. It is not the cashier's fault. My son used to work there and management is the bad guy, but it goes even further. I am told that they keep the least amount of people so they can "allow us to get the savings" I'd rather pay a few cents more and not stand in line. I have no doubt that Sam Walton would not have wanted his idea to come to this. He was all about savings and service. Walmart has the worst clerks on earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democrat Al Franken accused of groping woman 14 min Big Al 44
Pickaninny ALERT!!! 47 min jamal 11
Sessions has the Memory of a Fruit Fly 1 hr State of Florida 54
Pence's Football Stunt Cost Local Police $14,000+ 1 hr State of Florida 114
Second accuser comes forward on Franken 2 hr Trekkie 3
Everyone should RESPECT TRUMP!!! 2 hr Trekkie 226
Dirty Democrat Jew Al Franken sex pervert 3 hr Heeb Waste Mgt 4

Blowing Rock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance