Flamboyant, eccentric Willard Blevins...

Flamboyant, eccentric Willard Blevins dies

There are 40 comments on the Lenoir News-Topic story from Jul 3, 2014, titled Flamboyant, eccentric Willard Blevins dies. In it, Lenoir News-Topic reports that:

Blevins was the person everyone had seen walking local streets dressed as Superman, Batman, a gorilla, Elvis Presley, Elvira Mistress of the Dark, Spiderman, an Indian, Johnny Cash or Cher, to name several.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lenoir News-Topic.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Big Chief

Lenoir, NC

#21 Jul 6, 2014
my nutz wrote:
<quoted text>Boy you are a special kind of stupid aren't you. One of those morons that stay pissed off 24/7 at everything and everyone. I actually get enjoyment out of people like you, it does my heart good to see people like you suffer and be mad and I will do anything to perpetuate it.
I was not in favor of putting up a statue of him but if it pisses you off I will head up a donation drive and petition just for it, make sure to save up your food stamps to buy plenty of eggs. I think I will see if I can petition a local Congressman to dedicate a road around here in his name, what road do you travel the most?
Sorry I dont have any goats but if I did I would surely invite you over. I am sure your wife would be happy to have you out of the house so she could get a minute without hearing someone bitch all day about Willard and God knows what else pisses you off, that and she could probably get a real cock while you were out screwing goats.
Have a nice day!!!!!
She may very well could do that, but im 23 and not yet married, give me your wifes number ill give her a real cahk while your out suckin doug beechs.. Just goes to show how ignorant you are as well my friend... As a member of upper class you should have turned your nose up to such filth and went on about your business, but no you stooped way down to my level didnt ya? Your no better than any other goat screwing redneck in caldwell dude.... now get on down to the courthouse your lips are needed.
John

Four Oaks, NC

#23 Jul 8, 2014
Big Chief wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullspit lady you think willard was the greatest man to walk the streets of lenoir dressed up like a reject? He made himself a target what did you think a bunch of young boys would do to a wrinkled wore out old pedophile, that was dressed up in a bikini walking up the side of the road stop and whistle? maybe in your wildest fantasy lady you dont know anything about what i do as a person so step down from your high horse slut cause your shit stank too. What have you done for the crippled old folk up the street.. you just wanna turn your nose up when people talk bad about others... let me remind ya you are NOT better than thou. If willard is a child molester or what the hell ever he did with that kid means he shoulda been dead looooonnng looooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oonggggg ago. one less fruit the better. AMEN THANK YOU JESUS Please reply id love to see you seem like a horses ass just once more thanks :)
Willard did a lot of nice things for people. I bet you dont have the brains to go out and help someone in need. Basically you proved that with your above post. Only a idiot would post something like you did. Most likely you are just another high school drop out who spends all his time playing on the net. After reading your post, You probably dropped out long before high school. At least that is where it appears you are mentally. To bad your parents didnt believe in birth control.
Shellie

Four Oaks, NC

#24 Jul 9, 2014
Big Chief wrote:
<quoted text>
She may very well could do that, but im 23 and not yet married, give me your wifes number ill give her a real cahk while your out suckin doug beechs.. Just goes to show how ignorant you are as well my friend... As a member of upper class you should have turned your nose up to such filth and went on about your business, but no you stooped way down to my level didnt ya? Your no better than any other goat screwing redneck in caldwell dude.... now get on down to the courthouse your lips are needed.
I believe we all know why you are not married. Just reading your posts shows what I idiot you are. If you ever do find someone who is stupid enough to marry you, PLEASE PRACTICE SAFE SEX! We dont really need any more idiots loose around here. Better yet, why dont you just keep doing what you are doing, living at home with mommie .
Smokey and the Bandit

Lenoir, NC

#25 Jul 9, 2014
Every time someone dies all these local comedians want to get on here and ya ya ya negative things. Whether you like or dislike someone, if you can't say something nice about them don't write anything at all. Just ignore the post.
Linda

Four Oaks, NC

#26 Jul 9, 2014
Willard changed a tire for me once when it went flat on 321. I was 8 months pregnant and coming home from the drs. It was in aug and was very hot. I tried to flag down someone to help me and no one bothered to stop, not even a caldwell co cop. Willard, wearing a wonder woman suit came walking up and changed my tire for me. I tried to pay him and he refused. I offered to give him a ride somewhere and he again refused.When i offered money again, he said he was just doing the right thing and you aint suppose to accept payment for doing the right thing.
He was my hero that day . Esp. since all the nice people of caldwell county drove by a very pregnant lady standing beside her broke down car in 90+ weather.
gv4l

Greenville, SC

#27 Jul 10, 2014
Linda wrote:
Willard changed a tire for me once when it went flat on 321. I was 8 months pregnant and coming home from the drs. It was in aug and was very hot. I tried to flag down someone to help me and no one bothered to stop, not even a caldwell co cop. Willard, wearing a wonder woman suit came walking up and changed my tire for me. I tried to pay him and he refused. I offered to give him a ride somewhere and he again refused.When i offered money again, he said he was just doing the right thing and you aint suppose to accept payment for doing the right thing.
He was my hero that day . Esp. since all the nice people of caldwell county drove by a very pregnant lady standing beside her broke down car in 90+ weather.
Thanks for sharing your very moving and interesting story about Willard.
Lenoir people

Lenoir, NC

#28 Jul 21, 2014
http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/viewoffen...

There is the link to the NC Department of Corrections that lists Willard Blevins's criminal convictions. A lot of people do not know about the crimes that he committed. Though I do not know all the details, I do know one of the young girls involved and I remember the day that she received a letter in the mail informing her of his release.
harold

Four Oaks, NC

#29 Jul 21, 2014
wow... all the charges was YEARS ago... Dont ya think a person can change???
I picked him up walking down the road one day and he tried to give me money for the ride home. I refused but when he got out of the truck, he left 10.00 lying on the seat as he shut the door.
Seen him picking up the trash you wonderful caldwell co residents throw out your car window cause you are to lazy to clean out your car.
And no, he wasnt just picking up cans. He was picking up ALL your trash you toss out.
I believe he was changed from the person he was yrs ago. No one really knows what happened in his mind after what happened to him. He , at once, was a normal man.
whats normal

Mountain City, TN

#30 Jul 21, 2014
What is normal anyways? Its just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. Something may be the social norm to some may be completely different to others. Its that way from one end of the world to the other. A lot of people just hated Willard because he dared to be his own person despite what others thought. Most people dont have the guts to do that and I guess it eats them alive.
Lenoir people

Lenoir, NC

#31 Jul 21, 2014
It doesn't matter when he raped little girls. The fact still remains that he did, and sex offenders are registered for the rest of his life. I haven't read anywhere where someone said he wasn't a "good" guy, helping people, cleaning the trash up that is in every county not just Caldwell. But that doesn't change the fact that he was a child molester, and I don't believe anyone here would risk their child's well being to Willard Blevins and forgive him because he dressed in costumes, picked up trash, and paid for a ride like any decent person should.
My loving man

Lenoir, NC

#32 Jul 22, 2014
Lenoir people wrote:
http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.u s/opi/viewoffender.do?method=v iew&offenderID=0535680 &searchLastName=Blevins &searchFirstName=Willard &listurl=pagelistoffenders earchresults&listpage=1
There is the link to the NC Department of Corrections that lists Willard Blevins's criminal convictions. A lot of people do not know about the crimes that he committed. Though I do not know all the details, I do know one of the young girls involved and I remember the day that she received a letter in the mail informing her of his release.
Why was this judged "spam", "clueless", and "nuts"? It simply pointed to a link at the NC DOC. How many stupid people are out there?
Justice

Mountain City, TN

#33 Jul 22, 2014
You all can say what you want but its a funny thing that this county is full of actual without a doubt child molesters and child rapists, many of whom where convicted of multiple counts over years and many who openly admit it. The only one that anyone has held to the fire was Willard. Is he despised because of that, I highly doubt it because if many of you self righteous moral judges really felt that way about child molesters, you all would be on here non stop pointing out every one of them. You all hated Willard for his differences.

Just a little about his conviction and not to take away from the crime itself. Willard was convicted once in his entire life of "Indecent Liberties" which can be almost anything from flashing to fondling but short of actual intercourse and far from rape. He was held at minimum custody and released fairly early for a so called molester. Most actual child molesters have committed the crime multiple times in their lives and will do so again once released. Willard had no further negative interaction with the law after his release, for that matter he had no negative interaction before that incident if I recall.

Willard was convicted of a class H felony which is the second lightest felony in the scale. Other class H charges are forgery and embezzlement. Most Indecent Liberties are Class F today and to give you some idea of the levels, Class E is Child Molestation, Class B1 is Rape and Aggravated Child Molestation, Class A is Murder.

The case itself was hotly debated at the time and was believed by many to be a lie. I cant remember the exact details or all the stories back then but I do remember it was in doubt that he even did anything he was accused of. If I remember right it was commonly believed his sister in law started the whole story up to get back at Willard and Willard's own wife was in on it. The Justice system obviously didn't see him as too much of a threat and he for the most part always reported his location as required by law. People love a good witch hunt especially when the witch actually looks the part. Most people just want the heat on someone else when it comes down to it. RIP Willard.
My loving man

Lenoir, NC

#34 Jul 22, 2014
Justice wrote:
You all can say what you want but its a funny thing that this county is full of actual without a doubt child molesters and child rapists, many of whom where convicted of multiple counts over years and many who openly admit it. The only one that anyone has held to the fire was Willard. Is he despised because of that, I highly doubt it because if many of you self righteous moral judges really felt that way about child molesters, you all would be on here non stop pointing out every one of them. You all hated Willard for his differences.
Just a little about his conviction and not to take away from the crime itself. Willard was convicted once in his entire life of "Indecent Liberties" which can be almost anything from flashing to fondling but short of actual intercourse and far from rape. He was held at minimum custody and released fairly early for a so called molester. Most actual child molesters have committed the crime multiple times in their lives and will do so again once released. Willard had no further negative interaction with the law after his release, for that matter he had no negative interaction before that incident if I recall.
Willard was convicted of a class H felony which is the second lightest felony in the scale. Other class H charges are forgery and embezzlement. Most Indecent Liberties are Class F today and to give you some idea of the levels, Class E is Child Molestation, Class B1 is Rape and Aggravated Child Molestation, Class A is Murder.
The case itself was hotly debated at the time and was believed by many to be a lie. I cant remember the exact details or all the stories back then but I do remember it was in doubt that he even did anything he was accused of. If I remember right it was commonly believed his sister in law started the whole story up to get back at Willard and Willard's own wife was in on it. The Justice system obviously didn't see him as too much of a threat and he for the most part always reported his location as required by law. People love a good witch hunt especially when the witch actually looks the part. Most people just want the heat on someone else when it comes down to it. RIP Willard.
My God, people will defend someone for anything. Oh, he didn't actually rape the little girl just almost did. Oh, it was only the second lightest felony. And the reason no other child molesters are being talked about on here is because no one else has been brought up for discussion. Any type of indecent liberties with a child is disgusting. Imagine it was your little girl then how would you feel about it. It takes a complete idiot to defend a convicted felony charged with child sex crimes just because to liked his stupid ass costumes. If Willard was so great, why don't you quit your job and take up his mantle so we all can continue to be amused.
oh stfu

Mountain City, TN

#35 Jul 22, 2014
My loving man wrote:
<quoted text>
My God, people will defend someone for anything. Oh, he didn't actually rape the little girl just almost did. Oh, it was only the second lightest felony. And the reason no other child molesters are being talked about on here is because no one else has been brought up for discussion. Any type of indecent liberties with a child is disgusting. Imagine it was your little girl then how would you feel about it. It takes a complete idiot to defend a convicted felony charged with child sex crimes just because to liked his stupid ass costumes. If Willard was so great, why don't you quit your job and take up his mantle so we all can continue to be amused.
Wow seems like you have a real obsession with this guy. Tell you what, why dont you go pray for his soul in church. oh wait I am sure you all are too busy talking about how he is in hell or whatever. Does it bother you so bad that so many people remember him fondly while no one but some family and friends will remember you after you are gone. How do you know he almost raped a girl, where you there? Like it was said stupid in the post, most people had heard it was made up to get him in trouble but hey just ignore all the other logic in there. Its more fun to hate someone and have someone to criticize while you and the other church hens try to make yourselves feel better about your own mediocre lives. No one said the charge wasn't serious just not as serious as say molestation or rape. Hell he could have walked out of the damn bathroom with his fly open and before you know it he is charged with that.
My loving man

Melrose, FL

#36 Jul 23, 2014
oh stfu wrote:
<quoted text>Wow seems like you have a real obsession with this guy. Tell you what, why dont you go pray for his soul in church. oh wait I am sure you all are too busy talking about how he is in hell or whatever. Does it bother you so bad that so many people remember him fondly while no one but some family and friends will remember you after you are gone. How do you know he almost raped a girl, where you there? Like it was said stupid in the post, most people had heard it was made up to get him in trouble but hey just ignore all the other logic in there. Its more fun to hate someone and have someone to criticize while you and the other church hens try to make yourselves feel better about your own mediocre lives. No one said the charge wasn't serious just not as serious as say molestation or rape. Hell he could have walked out of the damn bathroom with his fly open and before you know it he is charged with that.
Oh shut the fuck up you idiot. I never said anything about church, hell, or anything. When you don't know what the hell you are talking about you go calling me a bible thumper. I know one of the girls involved in his case, and their were two. There families lived close to him when he lived off meadowlane drive in Lenoir. So if you don't know what you're talking about stfu.
Daniel

Melrose, FL

#37 Jul 23, 2014
I remember my dad bought Willard a case of beer to ride over to our house on the back of his truck in his batman suit, lol.
really

Mountain City, TN

#38 Jul 23, 2014
My loving man wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh shut the fuck up you idiot. I never said anything about church, hell, or anything. When you don't know what the hell you are talking about you go calling me a bible thumper. I know one of the girls involved in his case, and their were two. There families lived close to him when he lived off meadowlane drive in Lenoir. So if you don't know what you're talking about stfu.
Nobody gives a damn who you knew or how close you lived to them. Their story could very well be bullshit and am I to believe them just because you know them. Kids can and often are manipulated by adults to ruin someone else. Get over your hatred for someone you really know nothing about or you are liable to end up in the same place you probably figure he went.
My loving man

Lenoir, NC

#39 Jul 23, 2014
really wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody gives a damn who you knew or how close you lived to them. Their story could very well be bullshit and am I to believe them just because you know them. Kids can and often are manipulated by adults to ruin someone else. Get over your hatred for someone you really know nothing about or you are liable to end up in the same place you probably figure he went.
I don't assume he went anywhere. Don't try to make me a religious bigot. And if you don't give a damn about other people's kids and families that go through molestation, if it ever happens to your kids or family don't expect anyone to believe them or give a shit. Let's forgive all the child molesters. Hell, who cares?
Webmaster

Four Oaks, NC

#40 Jul 24, 2014
My loving man wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh shut the fuck up you idiot. I never said anything about church, hell, or anything. When you don't know what the hell you are talking about you go calling me a bible thumper. I know one of the girls involved in his case, and their were two. There families lived close to him when he lived off meadowlane drive in Lenoir. So if you don't know what you're talking about stfu.
This is your first warning. Your ISP has been recorded. Please read the rules of play for these forums. Pay attention to the section pertaining to language.
Thank You.
Cchurch

Wilkesboro, NC

#43 Apr 6, 2016
What did he do I've heard there were two girls did the local news report on his crimes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wild cat lake milfs 24 min Lonely dad 1
Did God curse the Negro?. 54 min Rock 20
UK LEAVES EU, Obama saddened. 56 min Spinelli 109
The Logic Fails me: 1 hr Spinelli 252
George Will leaves GOP, over Trump. 1 hr Spinelli 17
Orlando Shooting STAGED!! Fake crying, reading ... 1 hr Rock 83
Europeans discuss border issues. 3 hr Spinelli 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blowing Rock Mortgages