Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

We've been in there about 8 times. Ya know, the food just hasn't been consistant at all. Some nights it's good, some nights the chicken tenders are almost burnt, the B.L.T. for 8-9$ was pitiful. Waffle House is better. They could really do well but what comes out of the kitchen just isn't gettin' it. Potato salad a little boring. The food just isn't worth the money.

Anyone know of some good places to eat that are open after 6pm? We try to support local businesses.
seriously

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Unfortunately the only places you will find good service here is a Mexican or Chinese place. Ive given up on service from any restaurant in Lenoir. Its hard to keep spending my money here when we are constantly met with below average service.
good food

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Lenoir Moose Lodge. They have a great menu and low prices on food and drinks. You do not have to be a member just to visit and eat.
Maddy

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

We are mexican fooded out - ha! But, yes, service is usually great at the mexi food places. We like the Chinese buffet by Pet Sense. Such a variety. Definitely dollars well spent there.
Seriously - you are right, hard to keep spending your money when you get poor service or bad food.

Good Food - thanks for the Lenoir Moose Lodge suggestion ~
Just Wonderng

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Sorry about your experience. I've always enjoyed everything I've had there...food and service.
Yankee

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Food quality has dropped. Service is still poor.. Try Geroges 321.
ursula

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Yankee wrote:
Food quality has dropped. Service is still poor.. Try Geroges 321.
We used to live just 4 miles from George's on the Lake and then moved to Lenoir. We loved it and hope that they due well on 321. Great spot, I hope they can make a go of it. No one has stayed long there. Did they close the other location or is this a 2nd one? Yes, we really liked George's.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

We LOVE the food at 1841! Always delish.
bill

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

ursula wrote:
<quoted text>
We used to live just 4 miles from George's on the Lake and then moved to Lenoir. We loved it and hope that they due well on 321. Great spot, I hope they can make a go of it. No one has stayed long there. Did they close the other location or is this a 2nd one? Yes, we really liked George's.
I've been to Georges two times. Both times, the waitress carried the drinks by the rim of the glasses. I know this is Caldwell Co but a bit of better management and training is obviously needed.
You want a TIP

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Lenoir Moose Lodge is pretty good.Workers try their best depending on how crowded it is or how many are working. Don't bring kids or go if cigarettes bother you. Actually it is more of a bar as well. But over all food is good and fair prices.
Cafe 1841 is ok, like other poster said, good and bad days. But one thing for sure NEVER have I received a good server.
IMOP I feel like local owned only like you if you have a family name and they have known you and your family forever. Your business will not succeed if your servers are just worried about the regulars and don't treat all customers the same.
Buffy Bever

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

bill wrote:
<quoted text>I've been to Georges two times. Both times, the waitress carried the drinks by the rim of the glasses. I know this is Caldwell Co but a bit of better management and training is obviously needed.
What does it matter you pig? The penis's that go in your mouth are dirtier.
jar full of coins

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Where is the Moose Lodge? When is it open? Any website? Any information appreciated.
Maddie

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Just Wonderng wrote:
Sorry about your experience. I've always enjoyed everything I've had there...food and service.
Service is not our issue, have had good luck with that. The young man who seems to be a high school student needs some training but otherwise we like the servers. Just the food at times. I think they'd do better if the prices were lower (by a $1)for what you get ~
great food

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

jar full of coins wrote:
Where is the Moose Lodge? When is it open? Any website? Any information appreciated.
They are open for lunch and dinner and stay open most nights until at least 12 or 1. I have never had an issue with the servic at all the whole staff has always been great to me. They have a facebook page and you can look the address up online. GREAT FOOD AND GREAT SERVICE

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Blowing Rock Discussions

Search the Blowing Rock Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 23 min State of Florida 54,906
Tourism Board meets, provides presentation to P... 49 min TERRY WILL 1
Tommy Seeds 13 hr AprilSammysNiece 1
Valdese Hospital 16 hr really 2
Caldwell County says goodby to Willard Blevins,... 16 hr really 3
Justin Chambers 23 hr Concerned 13
Boone Fire Sat Dave 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Blowing Rock Jobs

•••