Did anyone readt: a candidate for mayor 2 cents way off letter?

Posted in the Blowing Rock Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
John J Mena

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Why is this not logical?
John Brady

Fleetwood, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Damn - is he that stupid? You would still have to pay for the ballots and the election workers and the coupons.

Damn
BOONIE

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

If someone doesn't care enough to vote about how they are governed and who is going to make the rules that cover them, why should we pay them to vote?

Voting is a right AND a privilege. People in other countries are risking their lives in order to GET the right to vote and here we are supposed to pay you to do it?

Mena is not a serious candidate. I thought he was but this just shows that he doesn't have what it takes.

Get used to calling Andy Ball "his honor the mayor" when you tip him for your beer.
Granny Mae

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

This John Mena candidate needs to stop rewriting what has already been written. His name was on the ballot last time and no beans. That should tell everyone something. I read his letter 6 times and something is not right with this man. You can't reinvent the wheel and when your way off with your quoted election costs - it only a turn off to us all. I sense a personal vendetta you might have with the mayor title you seem to think your qualified for. Stop clouding up the water with an ego you can't cash. Step aside and go back to cutting hair.
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Props for thinking outside the box, but it was a little too far out of the box. If we have to bribe people to come out to vote, something is wrong. Voting is a duty that every American should take seriously.

Since: Mar 13

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

You people love your little closed minded worlds. Oh, and I'm sure your votes aren't influenced by big business. It's easy to beat someone down instead of lifting yourself up. Very Christian of all of you. People like you are the reason this country is in the shape it's in. I love my country, I love my state, I love my community and I will do my best to make it better. I hope each of you will do the same.
PS. I will not be commenting further on this site, too silly.
Political Science teacher

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

A student of mine asked me to read your Letter/shopping around transcript after class then pointed toward this site to comment. After passing the letter around in our dept. we can't further comment on your idea of Shopping Around.
DsS32

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Now that I know you judge the worth of a person based on how "Christian" they are, I definitely don't think you'll be getting my support.
Guy Townsend

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

John why won't you show up when people asked questions about you? When you show up in the past you push it off on anyone else but when asked current general questions you go whodini on everyone. You are showing signs of selfishness, mental breakdown and deplorable actions . Man up John.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Blowing Rock Discussions

Search the Blowing Rock Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tickets to Merlefest 5 min Old timer 1
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 19 min TSF 49,328
curtis hooks 1 hr BEST 1
HHS baseball 2 hr Parker34 3
Lance Wilson 2 hr research 89
Chad Bowman 7 hr Kdf 28
Anti government 9 hr Patriot 38
•••
•••