First Prev
of 2
Next Last
How does

Granite Falls, NC

#2 Aug 27, 2013
his azz taste, your head is obviously all up in it.
Huh

Morganton, NC

#3 Aug 27, 2013
Voter in need=Jeff Templeton. It that you Jeffy? I needed that laugh today. The Templeton brood wants every square inch of land they can get their greedy hands on. It's like a hungry monster with a bottomless pit of a stomach.
Wondering

Zionville, NC

#4 Aug 28, 2013
Can anyone name one thing that the Tempeltons have done wrong to anyone? Come on now folks i don't know them. So i would like to know just one story of where they have wronged someone or i will even settle for a bad looking business building? They own half the town surely they have cheated someone? Lets hear it?

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#5 Aug 28, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Can anyone name one thing that the Tempeltons have done wrong to anyone? Come on now folks i don't know them. So i would like to know just one story of where they have wronged someone or i will even settle for a bad looking business building? They own half the town surely they have cheated someone? Lets hear it?
The Templetons are climbers. Phil grabbed all the property he could to amass some kind of "wealth". I went to school with Jeff. He was never as important as he liked to think. Don't dare tell him that because his ego would take a terrible hit. When people donate more property than they own, they will get more respect. This is not the case with this family. They make the story of Dr. Suess' "The Lorax" look minimal. Boone has a supply and demand like any other growing town. But putting a building on every corner is a bit much. It comes down to $$$$$. They are criticized for their acquisition of properties and eventual development. Along with expansion comes power and entitlement. Capitalism is a great thing of this country. Sometimes you have to ask when is it enough? When do you become satisfied with what you have? I believe they aren't happy with maintaining what they have. In fact they aren't happy people at all. No one is jealous of their holdings just disgusted with their appetite to need more. I hope they hold true to their perceived Christian beliefs. They aren't taking one dime with them to Beulah Land.
Wondering still

Zionville, NC

#6 Aug 29, 2013
Raised In Boone wrote:
<quoted text>
The Templetons are climbers. Phil grabbed all the property he could to amass some kind of "wealth". I went to school with Jeff. He was never as important as he liked to think. Don't dare tell him that because his ego would take a terrible hit. When people donate more property than they own, they will get more respect. This is not the case with this family. They make the story of Dr. Suess' "The Lorax" look minimal. Boone has a supply and demand like any other growing town. But putting a building on every corner is a bit much. It comes down to $$$$$. They are criticized for their acquisition of properties and eventual development. Along with expansion comes power and entitlement. Capitalism is a great thing of this country. Sometimes you have to ask when is it enough? When do you become satisfied with what you have? I believe they aren't happy with maintaining what they have. In fact they aren't happy people at all. No one is jealous of their holdings just disgusted with their appetite to need more. I hope they hold true to their perceived Christian beliefs. They aren't taking one dime with them to Beulah Land.
So their biggest crimes are they buy properties and develop them into useful beautiful new properties, which provide jobs and useful businesses to the area? Lets hang em! Do you realize if it were up to poor people to build and provide jobs in Boone, how any buildings/jobs would be in Boone? As far as the Templeton's having "enough" in your opinion, i say you probably have enough as well so you should retire and stop earning today! You my friend are what i call jealous and probably are on the government dime.

I still challenge one person to point out a single story where Mr. Templeton has cheated them or where he has even built a bad looking property? When you have as many dealings as Mr. Templeton surely there should be hundreds of stories out there? Again i dont know the man just trying to get the story
Boone Concerned Citizen

Maiden, NC

#7 Aug 29, 2013
I remember when Phil bought his first property in boone, as I recall it was called Tonys and he sold burgers for a quarter.

Since then he has worked his arse off and as fate (and hard work) would have it, his efforts have afforded him and his family a nice life.

Haters gonna hate I suppose.

Lets wait and see what Bob has to say first though, after all, he seems to have all the answers as to new buildings and business' that bring jobs and a larger tax base to the high country.
Mary

Wilkesboro, NC

#8 Aug 29, 2013
What is it with you and Bob? Do you masturbate while typing his name, because you obviously get off on talking about him.
Boone

Charlotte, NC

#9 Aug 29, 2013
SLUMLORDS THAT ONLY WANT MONEY AND DESTROY LAND FOR GREED . I HOPE GOD FORGIVES THEM FOR THE SINS

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#10 Aug 29, 2013
Wondering still wrote:
<quoted text>
So their biggest crimes are they buy properties and develop them into useful beautiful new properties, which provide jobs and useful businesses to the area? Lets hang em! Do you realize if it were up to poor people to build and provide jobs in Boone, how any buildings/jobs would be in Boone? As far as the Templeton's having "enough" in your opinion, i say you probably have enough as well so you should retire and stop earning today! You my friend are what i call jealous and probably are on the government dime.
I still challenge one person to point out a single story where Mr. Templeton has cheated them or where he has even built a bad looking property? When you have as many dealings as Mr. Templeton surely there should be hundreds of stories out there? Again i dont know the man just trying to get the story
Wondering,

You don't know these people but you become almost, no, you're very ill-tempered about the issue? Can you be anymore obvious? If this is who I think it is, debate was never a strength for you. Showing your tail was. How very typical to throw out the tired, "You my friend are what i call jealous and probably are on the government dime." Does that make you feel superior? Thank you for posting that. The mentality of the Templeton "follower" needs to be shown frequently as a reminder. You have zero control here and I know that is a serious handicap.
Done it Now

Granite Falls, NC

#11 Aug 29, 2013
The bully squad will be out with cloven hooves flying, now that you've invoked them.
Wondering

Zionville, NC

#12 Aug 29, 2013
Raised In Boone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondering,
You don't know these people but you become almost, no, you're very ill-tempered about the issue? Can you be anymore obvious? If this is who I think it is, debate was never a strength for you. Showing your tail was. How very typical to throw out the tired, "You my friend are what i call jealous and probably are on the government dime." Does that make you feel superior? Thank you for posting that. The mentality of the Templeton "follower" needs to be shown frequently as a reminder. You have zero control here and I know that is a serious handicap.
Lol! What? "Templeton follower" thats some funny shit there!
As far as control goes, again what are you talking about?
Im just trying to figure out if this dude is a dick or not? if his only crime is making money honestly and providing jobs etc. im cool with that! On the other hand if he has cheated his way to wealth or if he has stepped on tons of people on the way, i have a different opionon about him! Thats all im looking for fella?
Brad

Boone, NC

#13 Aug 30, 2013
My question is, where's the beef? Why do people, and the mayor, seem to hate him so much? Is it jealousy?
douche

Sugar Grove, NC

#14 Aug 30, 2013
Maybe its the fact not everyone wants to have the land around dozed to the ground for yuppie students and greedy slumlords, just maybe.
Brad

Boone, NC

#15 Aug 30, 2013
douche wrote:
Maybe its the fact not everyone wants to have the land around dozed to the ground for yuppie students and greedy slumlords, just maybe.
Would you rather have a trailer on every quarter acre?
Hmm

Boone, NC

#16 Aug 30, 2013
There were not ugly trailers on the land before lol so not sure what point you are trying to make.
Brad

Boone, NC

#17 Aug 31, 2013
Hmm wrote:
There were not ugly trailers on the land before lol so not sure what point you are trying to make.
Go out into some of the more rural areas. These old family farms are being divided up into very small lots, for the children, grand children, and great grandchildren to put a home on. But with the.cost of living being so high, a trailer is all they can afford. Anyways, I hear a lot of locals saying, "Don't build, keep the town small." But they have no problem throwing up mobile homes on every inch of ground that they can.
Cost

Sugar Grove, NC

#18 Aug 31, 2013
The cost of living is high because of slumlords , thanks for proving your own point wrong.
Hmm

Boone, NC

#19 Aug 31, 2013
Oh now you are talking about areas outside if town, gotcha. I guess you would rather see those folks sell their property to rich folks and pay them rent. Yea ok!
DsS32

Boone, NC

#20 Sep 1, 2013
Wondering still wrote:
<quoted text>
So their biggest crimes are they buy properties and develop them into useful beautiful new properties, which provide jobs and useful businesses to the area?
I really want to know where you got the idea that Templeton's student slums were "beautiful" or that they provide long-term jobs.
DsS32

Boone, NC

#21 Sep 1, 2013
Brad wrote:
My question is, where's the beef? Why do people, and the mayor, seem to hate him so much? Is it jealousy?
For about the 10 millionth time, Templeton's old high school development wouldn't have been affected by the new zoning laws. Phil wanted to ignore every other ordinance that has been in place for DECADES and that he has even built properties under, including water use, retaining walls, and steep sloap regulations. That's insanity, he wanted to see how much he could bully the town so that he could build more cookie cutter apartments for less money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blowing Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do White Americans Have White Privilege? 13 min waco1909 6
Bill Clinton gets 500,000$ for speech in Russia 18 min waco1909 80
Trump's Fake Time Cover 21 min waco1909 25
Drain the swamp? 3 hr southern at heart 19
97 of 100 Poorest Counties are Republican 3 hr Doc 62
Fox News Blasts Trump Lies 3 hr Doc 46
Are Liberals Pursuing Violence in America? 5 hr David53g 48

Blowing Rock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance