coach bryant from blountville middle ...

coach bryant from blountville middle school

Posted in the Blountville Forum

i want to

Brentwood, TN

#1 Jan 30, 2009
this coach needs to grow up.every time i watch him coach football or basket ball the little a@@ makes me sick.you would think he was a kid he yells and acts like a child when some one drops the ball.i believe he does not know what he doing and should not be around kids.they are just kids and he wants them to play like adult.maybe if he acted like one the kids would play better.i don't like the way he treats kids.
goner

Brentwood, TN

#2 Jan 31, 2009
i had to deal with guys like this before.they are men who ain't secure and have to yell at kids to make him self feel better.they don't think it just a game of fun for the kids.he is taking it to far.back off you bully if you have to yell at the kids and throw things then you should not be around kids.your the adult.so act like one.and if they keep losing then it must be the coach.
Just Wondering

Kingsport, TN

#3 Feb 7, 2009
If you think this guy is so bad, why don't you volunteer some of your spare time coaching instead of berating someone who is giving their time in the community.
want to know

Brentwood, TN

#4 Feb 9, 2009
Just Wondering wrote:
If you think this guy is so bad, why don't you volunteer some of your spare time coaching instead of berating someone who is giving their time in the community.
he a child in his own mine.grow up coach
A Mom

Huntingdon, TN

#5 Feb 9, 2009
i can't say much about that coach but there used to be a female coach/gym teacher that was a real piece of work.
talk about a bully. I had her in the late 70's and she was a real witch.
i have yet to meet anybody that can honestly say they liked her.
ask any kid.....even the ones that are now grown and they all say basically the same thing. she was a bully and verbally abusive. she would call the girls fat no matter if they weighted 98 pounds soaking wet. and she was huge herself.
i ran into her a few years ago and huge isn't even the word to describe her.

verbally abusive bullies should not be allowed to teach or coach.
i know coaches need to be a little more firm and all but some go too far.
Just Wondering

Kingsport, TN

#6 Feb 11, 2009
A Mom wrote:
i can't say much about that coach but there used to be a female coach/gym teacher that was a real piece of work.
talk about a bully. I had her in the late 70's and she was a real witch.
i have yet to meet anybody that can honestly say they liked her.
ask any kid.....even the ones that are now grown and they all say basically the same thing. she was a bully and verbally abusive. she would call the girls fat no matter if they weighted 98 pounds soaking wet. and she was huge herself.
i ran into her a few years ago and huge isn't even the word to describe her.
verbally abusive bullies should not be allowed to teach or coach.
i know coaches need to be a little more firm and all but some go too far.
The coach they are referring to does not coach for Blountville Middle School, but the local youth organization. As such, he donates his time coaching not one, but two teams because no one else wanted to coach. Never mind that he has three children of his own, works a full time job, and attends night classes at Northeast State. So for this I take my hat off to him for doing what he does. He may get a little loud from time to time, but if you go ask and kid that has graduated from high school and played for him, they will tell you to a man that they love him to death. Maybe the problem isn't him, but the way kids are today. Mommy and Daddy don't discipline them, and they don't know how to react to it. Moms and Dads need to grow up and cut the apron strings. The real world is tough and they better be able to handle adversity or they will get eaten alive!
A Mom

Huntingdon, TN

#7 Feb 12, 2009
Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The coach they are referring to does not coach for Blountville Middle School, but the local youth organization. As such, he donates his time coaching not one, but two teams because no one else wanted to coach. Never mind that he has three children of his own, works a full time job, and attends night classes at Northeast State. So for this I take my hat off to him for doing what he does. He may get a little loud from time to time, but if you go ask and kid that has graduated from high school and played for him, they will tell you to a man that they love him to death. Maybe the problem isn't him, but the way kids are today. Mommy and Daddy don't discipline them, and they don't know how to react to it. Moms and Dads need to grow up and cut the apron strings. The real world is tough and they better be able to handle adversity or they will get eaten alive!
you are right!

it seems to me that most parents are not that much older than their children (babies having babies) and don't have a clue as how to parent. and of course they don't want to take the time to learn.
want to know

Brentwood, TN

#8 Feb 13, 2009
A Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
you are right!
it seems to me that most parents are not that much older than their children (babies having babies) and don't have a clue as how to parent. and of course they don't want to take the time to learn.
the only baby i've seen is the coach so he's not being a coach for kids he acts like the kids should be real players
Just Wondering

Kingsport, TN

#9 Feb 16, 2009
want to know wrote:
<quoted text>the only baby i've seen is the coach so he's not being a coach for kids he acts like the kids should be real players
And the kids shouldn't be real players?? Sounds like a disgruntled parent to me. May I suggest that in the future, maybe your kids should play in a rec league or maybe Upward where score isn't kept and everyone gets to play. If not, the heaven help you when your kid trys out for the school team and gets cut. Whose fault is it then? I have been around this for over 30 years and you either are good enough to make it or you're not. Maybe you should spend some time with your kids helping them get better and not expect a coach to be a miracle worker.
A Mom

Huntingdon, TN

#10 Feb 17, 2009
want to know wrote:
<quoted text>the only baby i've seen is the coach so he's not being a coach for kids he acts like the kids should be real players
they should be real players. they need to be taught. you said this is middle school? so these kids are what 11-12-13 years old? when are they going to learn? you can't baby them until they get to high school and expect them to suddenly grow up and make the team.
there's a little school in bristol called akard. they used to have a t-ball program. maybe you should look into that if middle school is too rough.
i'm not trying to sound mean or anything but i see it more and more everyday. people are wanting to baby their kids. or wanting to keep them babies forever. it's really bad for the kids. because one day they are going to go out in the real world and the real world won't wipe their little tushies.

if this coach is actually abusing these kids then he needs to be reported. but if he's just running him mouth a little too loud and the kids still WANT to play i think the parents should butt out.
Disgusted at_ i want to

Bristol, TN

#11 Feb 20, 2009
i want to wrote:
this coach needs to grow up.every time i watch him coach football or basket ball the little a@@ makes me sick.you would think he was a kid he yells and acts like a child when some one drops the ball.i believe he does not know what he doing and should not be around kids.they are just kids and he wants them to play like adult.maybe if he acted like one the kids would play better.i don't like the way he treats kids.
You may never read this again and think that it is ok for you to talk crap about this coach. But this coach took teams with kids that everyone left behind. He has lost more games in the last four years than won and he has not gave up. Neither has the kids. Some of these kids have played for him since third grade others since kindergarten. His bark is A LOT louder than his bite. He has donated over a thousands of hours to this youth league. I think that the adults that need to grow up are the ones who post crap like you have. Are you mad cause your kid sits the bench?? Are you mad because it took until 6th grade for you to realize that your kid is not any good, so you are taking it out on the coach?? What's your deal. I think the adult thing to do would be to approach this coach and discuss your concern. A lot of parents already have including me. He corrected the problem and we went on. The kids like him and some realize that if it wasn't for COACH BRYANT there wouldn't be a place for kids to play because they had been cut from the school team. Think about that
thank you coach bryant

Johnson City, TN

#12 Feb 21, 2009
I would like to personally THANK coach Bryant for the effort he has put forth during a very tough season. My son plays for coach Bryant, and after seeing this post I asked him what he thought about his season:
“ IT WAS O.K.”
Did you like playing for Coach Bryant?
“YES”
Did you like THIS season or LAST season more?
“THIS YEAR, MUCH MORE”
Do you think you learned more this year or before this year?
“ DEFINITELY MORE THIS YEAR”
What did you learn?
“POSTING UP, I NEVER KNEW HOW TO POST UP BEFORE”
“DEFENSIVE POSITION, HOW TO DEFEND THE BALL”
”WE WORKED HARDER THAN BEFORE”
Do you feel you lost more games this year because of Coach Bryant?
“NO, WE’RE JUST NOT VERY GOOD BECAUSE MOST OF THE KIDS HAVEN’T PLAYED.”

I want my son to learn HOW to win, WHAT IT TAKES (effort) to win.
When you are learning these things, actual WINS are hard to come by.
This team only won 4 games all season, at times it was hard to watch.
Last year my son’s team only lost 4 games, but I can truly say “I see more improvement in one season under coach Bryant than in his past three season’s combined.
Fact is: The main issues with this team are that:
1. Half this kids have little or no playing experience
2. Most of the kids that struggle show up at half of the practices
(And pay little attention to instruction)
3. Coach Bryant is forced to spend too much practice time working on aspects of the game that should have been previously learned or have been coached over and over without adequate comprehension by kids who have parents that have failed to instill the importance of listening to and following instruction. I am sure many of you have worked beside the person who wants “the easy way out”. "I want to” is most likely this kind of person. It is ALWAYS someone else’s fault.

Coach Bryant, Thank you for the time, efforts and dedication you have spent with my son this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blountville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
britteny tipton 48 min Dry spell 11
DialAmerica or CITI? 1 hr Hot Mess 4
8th Grade Prom 2 hr curious 16
Citi Call Center (Mar '10) 4 hr Want A Change 8
Ignoring red light camera citations. (May '14) 5 hr zio-bot israeli 46
Alisha Peters 14 hr Chris 2
Hate crime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 16 hr Figured you out 3

Blountville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance