Immigrants come here to work, area re...

Immigrants come here to work, area residents say

There are 22 comments on the Centralohio.com story from Apr 11, 2006, titled Immigrants come here to work, area residents say. In it, Centralohio.com reports that:

Paul "Curley" Morales is monitoring the nationwide immigration rallies, and recalls his father's thoughts of coming to the "promised land." "He came here to work.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Centralohio.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tim Holman

Galion, OH

#1 Apr 24, 2006
There is nothing wrong with immigrants coming to america to work, as long as they do it legally and abide by our immigration laws. My wife's parents and grandparents came to america from Germany in 1954 and legally set up residence here in the United States. They have been proud legal citizens of this great nation since 1956. Immigration is what makes this country rich in history. As a nation we need to make sure that all who enter our borders follow the same rules and laws that citizens are required to abide by.
Brad

Preble, IN

#2 Apr 25, 2006
This is true. I believe that no immigrants speaking of mexicans in paticular since this seams to be the problem right now. They do not pay taxes they send all their money back to mexico, which in return hurts our economy. If the government makes any new law alowing this, i believe that that will cause much anger because they are basically saying come into this country illegally we wont do anything about it.
MLC

Falls Church, VA

#3 Oct 4, 2006
woah ? dude! do you hear what your saying ? TOTALLY RACIEST. mexicans ? dude whats wrong with you....wow, just wow
withheld

AOL

#4 Oct 4, 2006
I personally have to agree with both Tim & Brad. It doesn't sound like racism, just facts.
HBB

West Covina, CA

#5 Mar 7, 2007
There is nothing wron g with being raciest. You can't help it if you don't like certain people. The truth hurts but I totally agree with Tim and Brad to. But I also think if they don't want to follow our rules they can just leave.
Ronda

Millville, NJ

#6 Oct 19, 2007
Immigration is good in ways and bad in ways. it is good because they go for the low paying jobs also but it is bad because now our health care has to take care of more and if they are not legal then they want to go to our school and our parents have to pay taxes for students whos parents probably are not even paying taxes. So there is ups and downs about immigration.
Nicira

Millville, NJ

#7 Oct 19, 2007
Immigration is crazy cause they need to go back to there own country.
Autum sky

Toledo, OH

#8 Dec 29, 2013
I am a US citizen an I want to work to. I want a decent life to. I don't give a rats ass if I have to pick fruits an veggies as long as I can pay my bills an feed my kids.
ChilliGal

Chillicothe, OH

#9 Jan 7, 2014
If you are in America ILLEGALLY then we do not WANT you here. WE do not need lawbreakers in our country. You cost us our jobs, yes we will work at those jobs. You are costing our country tons of money to give you free healthcare, free schooling to your children of which we have to hire special extra teachers to teach them English and we have to put up with your not being able to read the street signs and going the wrong way on freeways such as Columbus where it killed one of our legal americans. You deal drugs, do inferior work in carpentry, and a multitude of other problems. BUT bottom line is you BROKE OUR LAW TO GET HERE so we do not want you.
Suzie Q

Huntington, IN

#10 Jan 15, 2014
Brad wrote:
This is true. I believe that no immigrants speaking of mexicans in paticular since this seams to be the problem right now. They do not pay taxes they send all their money back to mexico, which in return hurts our economy. If the government makes any new law alowing this, i believe that that will cause much anger because they are basically saying come into this country illegally we wont do anything about it.
Do they hurt our economy when they pick fields for 16 hours a day at a low wage? Since, us as American's are too lazy or too entitled, immigrants come to our country to help our farmers. They do not send ALL of their money to Mexico. They have to buy food, clothing, fuel, pay utilities, etc. And they make sure that they help the farmers get food on our tables. Doesn't sound too bad. Good, cheap labor for the farmers and a secure job for immigrants to come back to each year.
MaMa BB

Chillicothe, OH

#11 Jan 15, 2014
Suzie Q wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they hurt our economy when they pick fields for 16 hours a day at a low wage? Since, us as American's are too lazy or too entitled, immigrants come to our country to help our farmers. They do not send ALL of their money to Mexico. They have to buy food, clothing, fuel, pay utilities, etc. And they make sure that they help the farmers get food on our tables. Doesn't sound too bad. Good, cheap labor for the farmers and a secure job for immigrants to come back to each year.
I suppose you are one who hires them and makes money off their low wages that make you able to live an above average life off the backs of others. They stay 10-12 to a one or two bedroom apartment and I have seen that first hand and know it is true. That leaves alot of the money to send home. They are here ILLEGALLY so maybe we should just cancel all our laws and let everyone fend for themselves. They do cost our country money in many different ways, I have seen a few of those ways myself. Our country has people willing to work but want to be paid a living wage and treated with respect. I would pay MORE for fruits and veggies if picked by a fellow countrymen but the people who hire illegals do so for their own greed and think nothing of their fellow countrymen. I watched a mexican man come into a clinic with a women and could not speak english. They called someone from the back who could translate. She was diabetic and out of insulin. They examined her, gave her a shot, stocked her up with insulin and needles and she didn't have to pay a penny and both were here illegally. I had taken a person from our church there who was on a limited budget and paid on a sliding fee scale. She was a multi-generation citizen and her husband had fought in NAM but had passed away so I believe she was entitled to healthcare care with a smaller fee she could afford. Our country has too many problems and alot of those problems could be solved by fining the employers who hire illegals and deporting ALL illegals. We are losing our country to them, if they do not like their country then belly up and change it the way we and our ancestors did, in other words find their [email protected]$.
Suzie Q

Huntington, IN

#12 Jan 20, 2014
Ah yes, Mama BB, I am so concerned with making my pockets fat. Being a stay at home mother living in suburbia and all. When you checked the paperwork of the couple you claim to have witnessed, did the couple become offended. I mean, you must have checked their paperwork to make sure they were here illegally. So, I assume that you would pick fields for 16 hours a day for minimum pay, right?!?! Great! We are not losing the country to illegals. Give me a break, if you want to ride this high horse go read the Constitution, Bill of Rights and then read the federalist papers. I am POSITIVE your ancestors immigrated here.
ebonic squad

Mount Gilead, OH

#13 Feb 4, 2014
Suzie Q wrote:
Ah yes, Mama BB, I am so concerned with making my pockets fat. Being a stay at home mother living in suburbia and all. When you checked the paperwork of the couple you claim to have witnessed, did the couple become offended. I mean, you must have checked their paperwork to make sure they were here illegally. So, I assume that you would pick fields for 16 hours a day for minimum pay, right?!?! Great! We are not losing the country to illegals. Give me a break, if you want to ride this high horse go read the Constitution, Bill of Rights and then read the federalist papers. I am POSITIVE your ancestors immigrated here.

Agreed! But mama had one good idea in that incoherent rant...I like the idea of canceling all of our laws and fending for ourselves, it's a great way to weed out those (of any color) who will work from those (of any color) who are entitled. The entitled would be exterminated by their lazy lifestyle. I would want to save.their kids though because it's not their fault
amm

Kannapolis, NC

#14 Mar 9, 2014
First off not everyone is mexican there are different nationalities... and yes i agree to some point they hurt the system but its the goverment fault look at all the handout they give out. Section 8 for instance if you cant pay for an apartment why is there a cadillac with 24" outside in the parking lot. I grew up as a migrant and this year alone i payed 12 grand in taxes and i still have to pay more. Foodstamps another freebie that gets abused they should just quit giving out handouts.. So like you why should i pay for another woman that has five kids and fremont is full of that no matter what race.
MaMaBB

Chillicothe, OH

#15 Mar 28, 2014
Suzie Q wrote:
Ah yes, Mama BB, I am so concerned with making my pockets fat. Being a stay at home mother living in suburbia and all. When you checked the paperwork of the couple you claim to have witnessed, did the couple become offended. I mean, you must have checked their paperwork to make sure they were here illegally. So, I assume that you would pick fields for 16 hours a day for minimum pay, right?!?! Great! We are not losing the country to illegals. Give me a break, if you want to ride this high horse go read the Constitution, Bill of Rights and then read the federalist papers. I am POSITIVE your ancestors immigrated here.
I DID NOT check the papers but I watched as the nurse got someone from the back to speak spanish and she turned to nurse and said no cards, no money. when I went in with my friend for her appt. the nurse said they HAVE to provide FREE medical care and they are barely able to hold on to the clinic from month to month because they see so many and can not even turn it in to medicaid. I can give you name and address of clinic if you want to go spend the day and find out for yourself. You spend all your time as a "housewife" so how many newspapers do you read daily, how much do you get out to see first hand how many are here illegally for a free ride on american taxpayer, the same taxpayer that fought our wars and built our country only to let illegals ruin it. My heritage is American Indian, here to greet the first Settlers, we lost our land so maybe it is only fitting that Americans lose their country to illegals if they don't care anymore about it than you do. I am college educated, history major and I can tell you more about our government and all the presidents than you any day. AND YES, I'll ride this high horse as I have had family in every war including the revolutionary war, civil war, WWI, WWII, Korean, Viet Nam and Iraq. That includes several wounded and 5 that lost their lives so I will not let illegals come in and steal our country and there are many others who feel as I do. The people who hire illegals are NOT good americans or nice people, they only care about lining their pockets and could care less about working conditions or long hours and are doing ILLegal acts themselves. And there are LAWS against being here ILLEGALLY or did you fail to read that paper?
Rita g

United States

#16 Dec 17, 2014
If it was nt for the immigrants doing their job their will be no food for us to eat. May God bless them and give them strength to continue to their job.
Rita g

United States

#17 Dec 17, 2014
ChilliGal wrote:
If you are in America ILLEGALLY then we do not WANT you here. WE do not need lawbreakers in our country. You cost us our jobs, yes we will work at those jobs. You are costing our country tons of money to give you free healthcare, free schooling to your children of which we have to hire special extra teachers to teach them English and we have to put up you with your not being able to read the street signs and going the wrong way on freeways such as Columbus where it killed one of our legal americans. You deal drugs, do inferior work in carpentry, and a multitude of other problems. BUT bottom line is you BROKE OUR LAW TO GET HERE so we do not want you.
You say what you want but who is the one that is going to put the food on your table if it wasn't for them picking it
And who are you to judge in what else they do drugs you and every one us sells drugs matter what or whom you are and for them taking our jobs they are human s doing what they got to do to survive . we don't want people like you around .
Harry Trueman

Attica, OH

#18 Dec 28, 2014
They do not work 16 hour days. Food stamps and healthcare are not free, we pay for them through our taxes. Over flooding the nation with illegals actually drives down farm wages. The only reason the bleeding heart liberals care about them is because they are future liberal voters. The elections are getting closer so they have to increase their numbers. Send them back in train cars and close the borders to illegals.
Rita

United States

#19 May 6, 2015
Gracias adois que jagaro bien
dumbass radar

Painesville, OH

#20 May 10, 2015
Harry Trueman wrote:
They do not work 16 hour days. Food stamps and healthcare are not free, we pay for them through our taxes. Over flooding the nation with illegals actually drives down farm wages. The only reason the bleeding heart liberals care about them is because they are future liberal voters. The elections are getting closer so they have to increase their numbers. Send them back in train cars and close the borders to illegals.
Harry if the truth hurts these people then do be it well said

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New to prosecutor's team (Oct '15) Oct '15 this guy 2
New washington Police Department New Police Chief (Mar '15) Mar '15 john 2
anyone know of any places for rent in mohawk sc... (Apr '14) Apr '14 jen 1
birds on west manfeld st (Mar '14) Mar '14 miss randall 1
Mean Girls- High School Stories (Sep '08) Dec '13 Ashley 17
seeking pastoral position .. (Jan '12) Jan '12 Apostoliccog 1
The Truth About Wind Farms (Sep '11) Sep '11 TurbineWho 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bloomville Mortgages