Police: 2 killed in Pa. restaurant mu...

Police: 2 killed in Pa. restaurant murder-suicide

There are 128 comments on the Public Opinion story from May 23, 2009, titled Police: 2 killed in Pa. restaurant murder-suicide. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Authorities say a man shot and killed another man at a northeastern Pennsylvania restaurant and then killed himself.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“vestri solemnitas ”

Since: Feb 08

WaynesWorld

#1 May 24, 2009
They were arguing over the three bean salad. Sometimes it is better to leave the three bean salad out of things.
Astounded

Gettysburg, PA

#2 May 24, 2009
It absolutely amazes me at some of the nasty and crude comments that are made by people when a tragedy like this occurs. This young man who was shot was someone's son ... someone's brother ... the family has lost someone that they loved. And they were with him when he was murdered. How can you be so uncaring of people's feelings????
Bo Naugle

Anderson, IN

#3 May 24, 2009
every law abiding citizen should go and obtain a license to carry a concealed weapon!
Average Joe

Newville, PA

#4 May 24, 2009
Bo Naugle wrote:
every law abiding citizen should go and obtain a license to carry a concealed weapon!
Yeah, THAT will reduce the amount of gun violence.

:rolls eyes:

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#5 May 24, 2009
Astounded wrote:
It absolutely amazes me at some of the nasty and crude comments that are made by people when a tragedy like this occurs. This young man who was shot was someone's son ... someone's brother ... the family has lost someone that they loved. And they were with him when he was murdered. How can you be so uncaring of people's feelings????
Lighten up, it's a newspaper story. It amazes me that people are so hyper-sensitive and politically correct. I agree that some comments cross the line of poor taste, but I thought the three bean salad comment was hilarious.

So boo hoo.
youreright

Warminster, PA

#6 May 24, 2009
Bo Naugle wrote:
It should be against the law NOT to carry!
The crazy's have them, normal people should too!
picagirl

Bath, ME

#7 May 24, 2009
I can't believe how mean and insensitive people can be at a time like this. I am sure if it was someone close to you these stupid comments would not be made. There are a lot of innocent people involved here who are hurting. Why don't you all just grow the hell up.
applezima

Shamokin, PA

#8 May 24, 2009
You're absolutely right, and in this case, the young man was shot and killed while having dinner with his mother. I know the family and they are wonderful people. This is so terrible.
Astounded wrote:
sig sauer

Furlong, PA

#9 May 24, 2009
All I can say is YIKES, you just never know when your going to be hunted down. The question is why was this person the target???
Snowbaby80

Hillsborough, NJ

#10 May 24, 2009
three generations later wrote:
They were arguing over the three bean salad. Sometimes it is better to leave the three bean salad out of things.
EXCUSE ME PEOPLE. Tommy was a great guy, something must have been seriously wrong for him to do what he did. I had known him for years, my cousins were really close to him, and everyone loved him. Don't make rude comments about this story, both families have lost a loved one and how would you like it if it was someone that you knew? Have a little bit of respect for the families and friends of both of these men. RIP Tommy and RIP Mark.
Commentator

Annapolis, MD

#11 May 24, 2009
To all of you with such delicate feelings:

Topix is not, I repeat, NOT a online Obituary guestbook for writing only nice things. If that is what you are seeking, go to legacy.com

Those who commit cruel violent final acts will have their lives remembered, at least initially, not for all the good they may have done nor for the relationships that they shared, but for their final cruelty.

And maybe the harsh comments will serve as a deterrant to others who might want to go out in a delusional blaze of "glory"
Richard

Holt, MI

#12 May 24, 2009
hmmmm so only the criminals should carry the guns huh, we canc ount on the local police to protect us! Right?? well you count on the police to protect you and I'll go on protecting myself :) good luck to ya
Average Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, THAT will reduce the amount of gun violence.
:rolls eyes:
Richard

Holt, MI

#13 May 24, 2009
The guy that did the shooting and committed suicide gets no sympathy here sorry. Hope he rots in hell
Snowbaby80 wrote:
<quoted text>
EXCUSE ME PEOPLE. Tommy was a great guy, something must have been seriously wrong for him to do what he did. I had known him for years, my cousins were really close to him, and everyone loved him. Don't make rude comments about this story, both families have lost a loved one and how would you like it if it was someone that you knew? Have a little bit of respect for the families and friends of both of these men. RIP Tommy and RIP Mark.
little lady

Laceyville, PA

#14 May 24, 2009
I wass wondering if someone could help me? I am from up north here in pa and i went to school with a Tommy Yurko. I am wondering if this is the same one. I do remember he had a sister Carrie and thats about it. If someone knows would you please post it for me... Thanks so much
Press Enterprise reader

AOL

#15 May 24, 2009
little lady wrote:
I wass wondering if someone could help me? I am from up north here in pa and i went to school with a Tommy Yurko. I am wondering if this is the same one. I do remember he had a sister Carrie and thats about it. If someone knows would you please post it for me... Thanks so much
Quote from the Press Enterprise:
Hess' wife, Carrie, Yurko's siser, was too distraught to speak,...
Chad

Kingston, PA

#16 May 24, 2009
I'm tired of people saying tom was great guy. No he wasn't!! He was piece of shit. I know he has a family too and its tough for them. Thats all the more reason to label him a piece of shit because he did this to his family!!!!

“What goes around comes around”

Since: Apr 09

Shippensburg

#17 May 25, 2009
Everyone in life has choices, as did Mr.Yurko. Instead of making a good one he figured he would devastate as many people as possible! If not he wouldn't have choosen such a public place to devastate not only the victims mother who was there but everyone else who had to witness this tragedy. It will be natural for the friends and family of Tom to be in denial, they still can't make sense of this either. You have to remember our family usually treats us better than others so if he wasn't a nice guy they may not have known. Either way it's a shame for all the family and the people that had to witness it. I guess the shrinks will be working overtime! God bless all......
yea

Shippensburg, PA

#18 May 25, 2009
picagirl wrote:
I can't believe how mean and insensitive people can be at a time like this. I am sure if it was someone close to you these stupid comments would not be made. There are a lot of innocent people involved here who are hurting. Why don't you all just grow the hell up.
Like you, what a joke!
shhh

Philadelphia, PA

#19 May 25, 2009
I'm starting to figure out, the only reason most of you post is to be hateful! No wonder this world is the way it is! Do any of you actually think about how you would feel if people posted stuff like this about your family? Or do you just post because you feel like being as*holes, or have miserable lives yourselves? Compassion isn't a bad thing.
Snowbaby80

Hillsborough, NJ

#20 May 25, 2009
shhh wrote:
I'm starting to figure out, the only reason most of you post is to be hateful! No wonder this world is the way it is! Do any of you actually think about how you would feel if people posted stuff like this about your family? Or do you just post because you feel like being as*holes, or have miserable lives yourselves? Compassion isn't a bad thing.
Thank you. I totally agree. They are so mean, they won't know how it feels to read things like this unless they find themselves in a situation like this some day. Tommy was a great guy. Period.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Osceola Mills Child Abuse Case Called "Worst" D... Mar 9 Poster 8
News Judge on Dieruff mob: 'I saw boys who acted lik... Feb '17 silly rabbit 1
News To march or not? Some women are staying away be... Jan '17 SallyMarch 1
News Frankie Valli (Sep '16) Jan '17 concerned res 5
News Did colonial courthouse windows end up in the D... Jan '17 Gofigure 1
Skin whitening G4M glutathione for men celebrities Oct '16 Nikko 1
Love me anti aging cream reviews Oct '16 Laine 1

Bloomsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance