Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvania (District 10) in 2010?

Posted in the Bloomsburg Forum

2ndtank

Emmaus, PA

#3 Oct 16, 2010
go Mets
Joe Mecus

Bushkill, PA

#4 Oct 17, 2010
again not a democrat

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#5 Oct 17, 2010
Joe, I concur.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#6 Oct 17, 2010
Wanna see what Carney is about? Check out this vid.... and then see if you can still stand behind ths jerk.

(I don't see any supporters here, but it doesn't hurt to show what's what.)

pink panther

Milford, PA

#7 Oct 17, 2010
I wouldmt f*ck a democrat with Bea Arthur's dick.
AL

Hawley, PA

#9 Oct 18, 2010
Carney is a obama lapdog
Bill Rishel

Tyler, TX

#10 Oct 19, 2010
I really like this guy. I hope he stays with his principles.
CHARLES EVERS

Forest City, PA

#11 Oct 21, 2010
Chris Carney will NOT get my vote on election day because he has been unwilling to publicly defend his own congressional voting record, particularly regarding Card Check which would eliminate the right of a secret ballot vote prior to unionization of a private business, the Non-stimulating $800 Billion dollar "Stimulus bill", and most importantly the Obama- initiated Health Care bill. His aye votes on these measures flies in the faces of what his constituents want, and will translate into decades of intolerable debt which our children and grandchildren will be shackled with. Finally I detest looking at photo ops of him bringing home the pork to the 10th Congressional Dist.,without ever disclosing to his constituents that earmarks such as these are not without cost - they do not come from some magical federal well in Washington. To the contrary these earmarks, which are often attached to major bills, are paid for out of the pockets of all taxpayers nationwide. Have you considered when pork rolls into our district that it is also rolling into thousands of other districts in the other 49 states. That piece of pOrk called a library grant, or fire dept. grant or whatever which Carney brings home is being duplicated in every Congressional district ; therefore, we are paying out of our taxes for pork brought home by a Congressman in CA, WY, or Nevada. Earmarks are used only to keep the politician in office. The are paid out of your and my pocket, and they are not equitable, as those politicians who bring home the most pork are those who have risen up the ranks through seniority. Finally, they make a mockery of a bill which was budgeted to be 50 billion, but after earmarks bloats to 80 billion. Homeowners and businessmen could never operate and survive using such tactics, but Congressman Carney and other politicos survive and are re-elected by doing exactly this. It is deception, it is dishonest, and it must stop. I plan to VTBO - VOTE THE BUM OUT!
Laura

Rancho Cordova, CA

#12 Oct 31, 2010
Tyroneshooz wrote:
Wanna see what Carney is about? Check out this vid.... and then see if you can still stand behind ths jerk.
(I don't see any supporters here, but it doesn't hurt to show what's what.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =DNRK1I2vYVEXX
What this video shows is a group of (rightfully) angry people who unfortunately are unable to control their emotions. They then take it out by ambushing a staff member with an unexpected situation that he is probably not authorized to participate in. The man in that video was being harassed.

It would be one thing if it were Christopher Carney denying entry to the press, but this man is a private citizen trying to do his job.

It makes me sad to see Americans so viciously attacking other Americans. Both parties are guilty of this. We all need to learn to swallow our pride. In the video the man with long hair in the floral shirt does not even attempt to listen to what Carney's staff member is saying. He does not make eye contact, but starts shaking his head before the man can even complete a sentence. He doesn't have to agree with what the man has to say. He should let the man say it.

Our country has become extremely polarized (extreme left and right) which creates instability and lack of progress by any American's definition. If you think about when this began, you will discover that neither the Republicans nor the Democrats are the winners this election.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#13 Nov 3, 2010
Good bye bypass.
Joel

Hawley, PA

#14 Sep 3, 2012
Thanks Laura! The polarizing rhetoric has become so pervasive and extreme with so many only focused on winning their argument...even if it means employing language and behavior that demeans the humanity of all involved. Sometimes it feels like witnessing five year olds fight over toys in a playpen. At the end of the day, we'll all still be left living with each other in this country. We can do that with a mature attempt at grace and understanding in our differences or we can behave like brats further devolving our country into partisan rancor. It certainly behooves the billionaires ( in both parties) for us to stay divided.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#15 Oct 30, 2012
I'm going to vote for Herman Knight of Russell co. Ky.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bloomsburg Fair 2014 Dec 23 ripping the bong 2
We Came From Monkeys Dec 23 ripping the bong 2
Dover Pa School district is on its way To Hell Dec 8 TEACHERS ARE LIARS 1
Juvenile charged as adult in Dover robbery (Nov '10) Dec 6 xndndndndx 3
Barack Obama Came From Monkey Dec 5 dover plant judge 1
Genetics Suggest Autism Isn't Just One Disorder... Nov 30 Vaccines Maim Kill 5
Bridal Boutique : Lesbian Couple Nov '14 Fa-Foxy 9
Bloomsburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web