I think Lauren Spierer was setup.

Posted in the Bloomington Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Gss

United States

#1 Jun 21, 2011
You know what really comes out at me. Corey Rossman smiling all the way to his car. Does that sound like an innocent man? I don't know what it was about that smile. Something truely evil about that smile. This group was tight knit except for Lauren. Lauren met them at IU but apparently this group all knew each other beforehand. Something happened and Lauren became the odd-man-out. It's very relevant that she was not with Wolff that night. That's very very relevant. It's a representation of the group turning their back on her. She did not completely know this, though and they used Rossman to set her up that night. This thing was planned before that night. I know people who are that evil. I've actually been conspired against by 3 or 4 people before, as well. It turns your world upside down because you never thought people were capable of behaving like that but they do.
Gss

United States

#2 Jun 21, 2011
It's been said that they were involved heavily in drugs. Maybe Lauren threatened to go to the police or maybe they felt she was now a threat. Like I said, they totally set her up.
Stephanie

Chula Vista, CA

#4 Jun 28, 2011
Rumor has it that Lauren was no longer in a relationship with her boyfriend Jesse, which would make it understandable that she might want to hang out with a new crowd. The whole account of her evening sounds as if she was an enthusiastic participant in partying hard. If this rumor is true, then Jesse is the dumped and duped boyfriend with contacts in Lauren's apartment in a position to monitor her activities. Its amazing how only 3 to 4 persons of interest have been interviewed by the police. This case is becoming so similar to a case a few years back in California, when a girl called Kristin Smart disappeared on her way back to the dorms. An acquaintance called Paul Flores was able to dodge and weave his way around the campus police and as it was the end of the semester, they let him leave town. Weeks later, cadaver dogs positively scented the presence of a body in his now unoccupied dorm room. Paul never cooperated with the police and never was charged, but kristin's family remain convinced he killed her. He pleaded the fifth and was able to walk away. Kristiin was never found. College towns appear unable to handle this sort of crime due to limited police resources, transient student population and the loose nature of college friendships, which prevent early reporting to police if something has gone wrong. I doubt this crime will be solved and it will be a miracle if Lauren is ever found.
ima hoosier

Evanston, IL

#6 Sep 6, 2011
i wonder if they sold her into a prostitution ring in mexico or another close but non united states country. i feel so sorry for her family and any family of one who goes missing.
bahona

Moyock, NC

#7 Sep 6, 2011
If Mr. Wolff &/or Mr. Rossman were white trash locals or young men of color, they'd be rotting in jail right now. It's obvious to anyone, except the police, that both Mr Wolff & Mr Rossman had motive and opportunity to dispose of Lauren. And either of them could have overpowered a 95-pound drunk woman. Why on earth were they released by the police? The obvious answer is that Wolff & Rossman have organized crime connections, and that members of the Bloomington Police Department are on the payroll of this organization. Doesn't make me feel great about living in Bloomington.
Ness

Arverne, NY

#8 Sep 12, 2011
Gss wrote:
You know what really comes out at me. Corey Rossman smiling all the way to his car. Does that sound like an innocent man? I don't know what it was about that smile. Something truely evil about that smile. This group was tight knit except for Lauren. Lauren met them at IU but apparently this group all knew each other beforehand. Something happened and Lauren became the odd-man-out. It's very relevant that she was not with Wolff that night. That's very very relevant. It's a representation of the group turning their back on her. She did not completely know this, though and they used Rossman to set her up that night. This thing was planned before that night. I know people who are that evil. I've actually been conspired against by 3 or 4 people before, as well. It turns your world upside down because you never thought people were capable of behaving like that but they do.
I agree with what I heard Robert Spierer say regarding her heading home at 4:30. 99/100 girls I know would have insisted I walk them home etc. Robert Spierer says why would she head home with no shoes no cell phone and no keys. How was she going to get into Smallwood with out keys.
Ness

Arverne, NY

#9 Sep 12, 2011
Gss wrote:
It's been said that they were involved heavily in drugs. Maybe Lauren threatened to go to the police or maybe they felt she was now a threat. Like I said, they totally set her up.
It would seem that if she headed to the North apartments at 12:30 with a friend that some activity would be taking place. You have to look at her schedule. Did she not have a big school load that weekend (studying to do). When I went to college a lot of kids who partyed on a Thursday night had no commitments the next day friday. Could she have been partaking in some drug recreationally. Mushrooms? Coke? Was Lauren interested in Rossman or Rosenbaum and Rohn's chaperone at 12:30 to the apartments and excuse to come over. Did her exiting with Rossman anger Rosenbaum. Ultimately because the boys stories seem to be congruant with each other. I utimately feel that it was some townly that abducted her. I think people should search outside of Bloomington.
Ness

Arverne, NY

#10 Sep 12, 2011
What I am thinking is maybe the point of abduction took place where her keys were found. A less trafficed area. Rosenbaum may have seen her off at the corner of 11th and College Ave. but reports said that she never traveled to and from the North apartments that way. Always using the alley way. There is no proof that she lost her keys at the time being said when she was walking to Rossmans apartment. Two things may have hapenned if Rosenbaum is telling the truth. She may have walked the wrong direction after Rosenbaum saw her. She may have not been familier with 11th and College ave. Or she went the route of the alley way home. The other thing that makes 11th and College hard to believe is that there is a all night Waffle house one block away from where Rosenbaum said he saw her off. I hope the family gets answers for there closure and I pray for a miracle that the get there daughter back alive.
Stephanie

Chula Vista, CA

#11 Sep 16, 2011
With a relative at IU, I am posting this information that they have told me about this case.I hope the Spierers can do somthing with it.

Jesse Wolfe is rumored to be a "go to" person if someone was looking for cocaine. This would mean he has contacts in the drug distribution network.

Lauren had finished her relationship with Jesse. She was out for the evening to party.

Her movements were known to Jesses friends, who saw her at Smallwood with Rossman.

It is not inconceivable that Laurens knowledge of Jesses activities would make her a weak link in Wolfes business and able to expose his operation. That is why she is missing. Follow the money.

My source tells me Jesse was a main contact for getting cocaine on campus,not just a "happen to have some on me" person. The threat of Lauren having loose lips would be motive for wiping her out.
pack rat

Lafayette, IN

#12 Sep 17, 2011
dumasz
colt911

Dolton, IL

#13 Oct 20, 2011
bahona wrote:
If Mr. Wolff &/or Mr. Rossman were white trash locals or young men of color, they'd be rotting in jail right now. It's obvious to anyone, except the police, that both Mr Wolff & Mr Rossman had motive and opportunity to dispose of Lauren. And either of them could have overpowered a 95-pound drunk woman. Why on earth were they released by the police? The obvious answer is that Wolff & Rossman have organized crime connections, and that members of the Bloomington Police Department are on the payroll of this organization. Doesn't make me feel great about living in Bloomington.
They are not aloud to arrest students in Bloomington. They want mommy and daddy to think nothing happens here so they keep paying for their schooling. You dont hear of any big drug bust here. Bars dont get fined enough for selling to under age kids. Hell they wont give them a ticket for jay walking or riding their bikes the wrong way on a one way street. This is what happens when a bunch of hippie democrats run a town.
why

Bloomington, IN

#14 Mar 23, 2012
I'm very sorry that this girl has disappeared. I also wonder why since she had a heart condition that the parents didn't' keep her in her home state and have her go back and forth to college in her own state. Or even had her living in a dorm within the college in her state (or even in Bloomington). Moving her to Indiana, and in the middle of all those bars is just an invitation for bad things to happen. When my child went to college he stayed in my state. Mine did better, and was safer by living at home and attending college. You don't move your sick child hundreds of miles away, in the middle of bars. Just to go to college. It's not worth it. Safety first.
ut deeper

Rensselaer, IN

#15 Aug 24, 2012
What I don't understand is...ok yes she left smallwood. It was said she travelled thru the alley to get to 5 north apts. Some believe she may have dropped her things on her way to 5 north but its possible she dropped them on her back to smallwood. But I have a hard time believing she went back to smallwood especially alone, drunk, high, w/out shoes, and other belongings. Obviously someone wasn't in the. Right state of mind to not take Laurent home or let her stay with them. Think about this no shoes no keys no credit cards or money and no phone. She had no way to call for help no way to find help. Her id was in her purse pressumingly along with her ssn card. So no way to identify her. Only her face and hair. If Jr says she rounded 11th st and college her keys would be there not in the alley. And if she always travelled thrru thru the alley then why would she change her route to 11th st? I think her keys annd stuff were planted in the alley to make it look like she actually went back to smallwood when really the abductor kidnapped her on or around 11 th street/ college.
John

Lisle, IL

#16 Sep 2, 2012
Everybody thought it was unusual that the "friends" lawyered up immediately, but wouldn't you get one for your kids in that situation? These kids are either not guilty or masterminds of deception ... who regardless should have been more helpful just to be considered human beings. There are many random folks in or traveling through this town. Maybe the police were always too concentrated on the wrong people?
altoidz31

Kitchener, Canada

#17 Oct 1, 2012
why wrote:
I'm very sorry that this girl has disappeared. I also wonder why since she had a heart condition that the parents didn't' keep her in her home state and have her go back and forth to college in her own state. Or even had her living in a dorm within the college in her state (or even in Bloomington). Moving her to Indiana, and in the middle of all those bars is just an invitation for bad things to happen. When my child went to college he stayed in my state. Mine did better, and was safer by living at home and attending college. You don't move your sick child hundreds of miles away, in the middle of bars. Just to go to college. It's not worth it. Safety first.
It's called "giving your adult child their independence." By the way, how do you 'keep' your child anywhere? Especially if they are 21 years of age and capapble of making their own decisions? Her heart condition was treatable with meds and they have hospitals in Indiana so that is irrelevant. I live in a University town and there are bars around it - what University doesn't? That's a silly presumption though: Lauren disappeared because of the bars. Any student who wants to party will find alcohol, bars or not. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time but it could have happened any where. Evil can happen in your own back yard.
ex btown cutter

United States

#18 Oct 3, 2012
I'll put my foot in evil's a$$ if he's in my backyard!
John

Brookfield, IL

#19 Oct 5, 2012
The bars in this town though could do more. "KOK" serves the ladies and the gents well beyond their limit. In some states, you get a punch card when you enter a bar, and after three drinks, you are done. Bloomington will, eventually, need to implement this system (yet probably only will after another tragedy). The $21 donated by KOK though per touchdown at the IU football games (going to some drink responsibly campaign) is a joke.$21!?! KOK will make close to 1000x that on game day (with drinking starting there at the crack of dawn).
Anonymous

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Nov 17, 2012
I want to know why everyone has seemed like they have given up on searching for her, check the woods for soft grounds, its called a shallow grave, there are always traces of evidence people are just not looking in the right direction, if this was my family i would be in the street everyday searching for something new even though ive searched that place a million times!!
conceal carry

United States

#21 Nov 18, 2012
I lived in Bloomington most of my life. Went to middle school and high school there and had many friends that went to I.U. my ex wife graduated from I.U. although now I live in South Carolina and I only get home to indiana a few times per year, I always stop in Bloomington and check out of the way areas where we used to hang out in high school. Either down by Monroe, griffy, the viaducts in green co or wherever.
I have been following this story since day one as I happened to be on plant shutdown for work and drove to Bloomington for a few weeks to see family and friends. It was actually this story that got me interested in missing person cases in indiana, Ohio, ky, Tenn, nc and sc.

I don't suspect a serial killer and like most others....I believe it was her friends. Directly or indirectly.
My theory is that yes, she was most likely involved in drugs, ie cocaine. And we all know that she was pretty wasted from the alcohal according to the reports. Most likely due to her heart condition, she probably either od'ed or her heart just couldn't take it and she past away.
In a panic and for fear of criminal charges if her friends called an ambulance or the police.....they disposed of her body.

On that note...it was summer break and I think they either put her in a duffle bag or suitcase and one of them ( an aqaintance, friend, drug dealer, whomever) that went back to New York that morning, disposed of her somewhere between Indiana and new York. Off a bridge, in the woods off a rural road. Who knows. There's no way that you can get me to believe that none of those boys know the whereabouts of this poor girl.
There's no way that you can get me to believe she was randomly snatched up off the street and no cameras or people saw anything. I think she never made it out of rosenbaums apt alive.
XYZ

Lisle, IL

#22 Nov 25, 2012
There would be a record of those "boys" leaving town, conceal carry. Also, did they take a course on hiding bodies? These kids never left campus other than to go to the bars. I agree with others that the perp is probably some crazy person traveling through town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is there any place in Bloomington that doesn't ... (Jan '11) Dec 11 concerned 12
News Famed site of Nashville sit-ins honors past wit... Dec 6 Ms Sassy 1
Unsolved Mystery in Nashville (Mar '15) Dec 1 Breck 2
News Taking a metered approach Nov 27 Wtfth 5
Any ladyís lactating want sucked?? Nov 19 Looking for luv 3
Beware of this guy Nov 19 Looking for luv 2
Sara Brooks is a SLUT! (Feb '17) Nov '17 From out of town 16

Bloomington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bloomington Mortgages