Christopher Gugliuzza, IU Student, Arrested On Animal Cruelty Charges For Allegedly Killing Cats

Indiana University student Christopher Gugliuzza has been accused of torturing at killing as many as five cats. Full Story
nobody

Denver, CO

#1 Dec 5, 2012
What a horrible demented excuse for a human being. I hope Mr. Gugliuzza is prosecuted to the greatest extent of the law. He appears to be psychotic and would probably severely injure or kill anything or anyone he could not control. Very SCARY!!!!!
Lois

Connersville, IN

#2 Dec 6, 2012
From what I understand, this sociopath is from Korea. Sound his butt back where he came from. I have absolutely no use for someone as twisted and demented as he is. It's bad enough that he tortures animals, but people displaying this behavior often escalate to abusing and killing people. What a disgusting excuse for a human. He makes me sick.
Concerned Citizen

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Dec 6, 2012
We'll be reading about him shooting IU students in a year or two.

Maybe next time he'll bounce his clueless girlfriend off a wall and hit her with a rock...
KatieL

Wheeling, WV

#4 Dec 6, 2012
what is up with his girlfriend? According to the article on wbiw she knew he killed a cat before and helped him bury it, surely due to some pathetic allegiance stemming from her non existent self esteem. The next time it happened she did nothing to stop the torture of an animal while it was in progress.
I wonder if the only reason she DID come forward was because the police were already investigating CG for theft of the cat from the shelter.
I don't know if there is a criminal charge for "accessory to animal abuse" but it is certainly morally reprehensible. If you go to her twitter and pinterest she has all these pathetic tweets begging him to love her.
Patrick

Bloomington, IN

#5 Dec 6, 2012
i have known chris for a year. he was always quiet and seem to be holding in his emotions. He always seemed to be nice but i kinda new he was always hiding something from me. This scares me because he has been to my house on numerous occasions and i had no idea he was actually murdering animals. makes me sick and i am shocked.
Patrick

Bloomington, IN

#6 Dec 6, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
We'll be reading about him shooting IU students in a year or two.
Maybe next time he'll bounce his clueless girlfriend off a wall and hit her with a rock...
Shooting up a school? that is nothing to joke around about. I am sorry but you are wrong for saying that.
nobody

Denver, CO

#7 Dec 6, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
We'll be reading about him shooting IU students in a year or two.
Maybe next time he'll bounce his clueless girlfriend off a wall and hit her with a rock...
His poor girlfriend has also been injured by him and is terrified of him.
very concerned

Denver, CO

#8 Dec 6, 2012
KatieL wrote:
what is up with his girlfriend? According to the article on wbiw she knew he killed a cat before and helped him bury it, surely due to some pathetic allegiance stemming from her non existent self esteem. The next time it happened she did nothing to stop the torture of an animal while it was in progress.
I wonder if the only reason she DID come forward was because the police were already investigating CG for theft of the cat from the shelter.
I don't know if there is a criminal charge for "accessory to animal abuse" but it is certainly morally reprehensible. If you go to her twitter and pinterest she has all these pathetic tweets begging him to love her.
You may be very wrong about this girl. She obviously has been terrorized and threatened by this lunatic and had to be able to get away from him long enough to turn him in. sounds like it took him being jailed in order for her to accomplish this. When a person gets into an abusive controlling relationship sometimes it is difficult to get out of it with your life!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#9 Dec 6, 2012
She was way more into him that he was into her. They dated in high school, were a year apart and she followed him to IU. He broke up with her before this crime happened but she continued to pursue him. If you want to see a slice of this, check her twitter account. Regardless, anyone who stands by and lets this happen to a animal or child is horrible person, period.
Zod

Bloomington, IN

#10 Dec 6, 2012
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Shooting up a school? that is nothing to joke around about. I am sorry but you are wrong for saying that.
maybe he wasn't joking. besides, this guy TOTALLY fits the profile of that kind of person. most evil people start off on animals before moving up to people.
he is a sociopath and belongs behind bars.
very concerned

Denver, CO

#11 Dec 7, 2012
MxPwr wrote:
She was way more into him that he was into her. They dated in high school, were a year apart and she followed him to IU. He broke up with her before this crime happened but she continued to pursue him. If you want to see a slice of this, check her twitter account. Regardless, anyone who stands by and lets this happen to a animal or child is horrible person, period.
Most of the tweets are old
Went to HS with them

Tacoma, WA

#12 Dec 7, 2012
They were in my graduating class. Him and his girlfriend are both complete morons. He's clearly a sociopath (this whole thing has surprised the **** out of me). She's just stupid.

Someone above said "I wonder if the only reason she DID come forward was because the police were already investigating CG for theft of the cat from the shelter". That's exactly what I think happened.

I have no doubt she'll stick by his side and he'll go right back to killing after his release from prison. Hopefully justice is served in a more serious fashion by someone with a vengeance.

Patrick, that shooting behavior falls right in line for the kind of person that kills pets.
LisaE

Santa Cruz, CA

#13 Dec 9, 2012
He needs to die a slow and painful death. It's disgusting that he isn't even locked up yet!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#14 Sep 9, 2014
Does anyone know what happened to this perp? Or to his accessory-to-animal abuse girlfriend Lindsey Getchell? Both are horrible people and I hope they have left Bloomington.
Justicenotserved

Mountain View, CA

#15 Sep 10, 2014
The case is on mycase.in.gov

Set the parameters for Monroe County > Criminal and Citation Case Records > select last name and search for Gugliuzza

Since: Oct 14

Location hidden

#16 Oct 5, 2014
MxPwr wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to this perp? Or to his accessory-to-animal abuse girlfriend Lindsey Getchell? Both are horrible people and I hope they have left Bloomington.
I knew these two when they were at IU. Chris moved to Chicago last I heard and according to the link posted above (thanks!) his case is still pending. Lindsey Getchell transferred to University of Idaho where she is in some stupid sorority. She also appears to have a new boyfriend she is *SoMuChInLoVeWItH*(we have several facebook friends in common). I wonder what he will be able to talk her into doing since obviously animal torture doesn't appear to faze her ...anything for your man right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chad Armstrong Dec 19 Mac 1
Tony Eads Dec 13 Lori 3
I think Lauren Spierer was setup. (Jun '11) Dec 12 useyourbrain 57
Meth Capital of Indiana? Dec 12 random 5
DUI I need off record Dec 4 expungement 2
Beast Mode Cowboys Brother in Bloomington Nov 26 BBfan 1
Y for all Nov 25 EarlyBird 2
Bloomington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bloomington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bloomington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bloomington

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:59 pm PST

ESPN 4:59PM
Romo-led Cowboys stomp Colts, claim berth
Yahoo! Sports 5:01 PM
Cowboys roll into playoffs with big win over Colts
Bleacher Report 5:10 PM
Cowboys Clinch Division, Continue to Shatter Expectations
Bleacher Report 5:38 PM
Indianapolis Colts vs. Dallas Cowboys: Video Highlights and Recap from Week 16
Bleacher Report 6:00 PM
Colts Have Puncher's Chance in Playoffs Despite Flaws