Judge: Jail suit can cover more inmates

Judge: Jail suit can cover more inmates

There are 37 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Aug 28, 2008, titled Judge: Jail suit can cover more inmates. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

A federal judge has granted class action status to a lawsuit that contends that the Monroe County Jail is overcrowded.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
yukkie

Noblesville, IN

#21 Sep 19, 2008
Tweek wrote:
Cry me a river!!! Shut the fudge up you fudging babies. If you don't like it there than quit smoking crack and getting arrested in the first place. I will enjoy eating my hot yummy delicious steak dinner tonight at O'Charley's because I earned it. You enjoy your bologne sandwhich because that is what you have earned. If it were up to me you wouldn't get the left overs from the Sheriff's dumpster.
Dude if you think O'Charley's is the place to go for a "delicious steak dinner" you might as well eat out of that dumpster you were talking about because you must have little or no taste.Probably not good idea to brag about earning the right to eat at O'Charley's what was Olive Garden out of your price range?
smarter_than_you

Dayton, OH

#22 Sep 20, 2008
just to give you some info, a policy has been in place for several years that inmates have to pay for med. treatment and even an asprin...do some research before posting...
tired of the bs

Kannapolis, NC

#23 Sep 23, 2008
Corbin Leape wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no Criminal Justice courses in the GED program, dude. And nobody expects a criminal Justice student to be compassinoate. Everybody knows Criminal Justice students are all there because they were nerds that got picked on in school and are only looking for weaker people to bully around. Be patient, Lumpy, You'll get your chance to bully people soon enough. Makes you feel like a man doesn't it....after 30 years of waiting lololololol!
First of all i never got picked on just thought since you have the fast food market jobs locked up for you and your hillbilly family that i might want to do something with my life.
Enough is enough

Warsaw, IN

#24 Sep 26, 2008
I'm seriously considering running for president and my entire platform will be on prison reforms. Chain gangs, no privileges, the works. Seriously, the reason crime is so high in this country is because we coddle these people. Why is it I've had to pay for my education and living and theirs too!
endmove

Noblesville, IN

#25 Sep 26, 2008
Enough is enough wrote:
I'm seriously considering running for president and my entire platform will be on prison reforms. Chain gangs, no privileges, the works. Seriously, the reason crime is so high in this country is because we coddle these people. Why is it I've had to pay for my education and living and theirs too!
Funny depending on what topic people are commenting on some say how poor the conditions are in prison some say it't a penthouse with barbwire around it.Someone always says "Bubba gonna teach him about love" and someone else says they all sit around watching cable tv and eating meals for free.Anyone know for sure? I have never been in a prison so I don't know.The cable shows about prisons look pretty harsh.I guess it all depends on where you are in prison at.I do realize there are different levels of prisons for different levels of criminals.
Adam

Milford, OH

#26 Sep 26, 2008
tired of the bs wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all i never got picked on just thought since you have the fast food market jobs locked up for you and your hillbilly family that i might want to do something with my life.
First of all, you guys are talking about jail, not prison.
Jail is still jail, no matter how much cable tv they're allowed to have.
Most of them would prefer chain-gang work to the confinements of jail.
They don't expand jails and prisons because of overcrowding. They expand jails to fill them, increase their budget, and justify the existence of their jobs.

No wonder the criminal justice system is failing. They're using the fast-food approach to criminal justice.
Here's an example of the type of people they're turning loose on the public.
It should be a crime!! LOL
Enough is enough

Warsaw, IN

#27 Sep 26, 2008
Endmove-You do have a point. Truthfully, I don't know the conditions inside a prison since I've never been in one but I do know that more than basic needs are being met and that is where I take a bit of an issue. Things like cable tv, magazines, even recreation are things that we as law abiding citizens have to pay for out of our own pockets. I may be wrong (and if I am I have no problem being corrected) but I don't think that is the case in prison.
Enough is enough

Warsaw, IN

#28 Sep 26, 2008
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, you guys are talking about jail, not prison.
Jail is still jail, no matter how much cable tv they're allowed to have.
Most of them would prefer chain-gang work to the confinements of jail.
They don't expand jails and prisons because of overcrowding. They expand jails to fill them, increase their budget, and justify the existence of their jobs.
No wonder the criminal justice system is failing. They're using the fast-food approach to criminal justice.
Here's an example of the type of people they're turning loose on the public.
It should be a crime!! LOL
My mistake...I got worked up and didn't read the article closely. Jail is much different than prison, but I still don't agree that a person in either jail or prison should be afforded comforts for free that a law abiding citizen has to pay for.
Adam

Milford, OH

#29 Sep 26, 2008
I can agree that comfort isn't necessarily a priority, but you'll always be paying for jails, inmates, expansions of jails, etc.
Keep in mind that most of them are still human and will leave jail, or prison, one day.

It's quite a hard balance to keep and most people simply don't understand and/or don't care......but they sure want to bitch about it. LOL

With corruption, the ignorance of the general population(i.e. lock'em up and throw away the key or execute them), longer sentences for smaller crimes, etc., you can count on paying higher and higher and higher taxes. Always!!

It's an obvious fact that Police, Prisons, and longer senteces, don't prevent crime.
A good economy and education are the best weapons against crime.
blondieblu

United States

#30 May 4, 2011
Hey genius, the people in jail , for the most part, have not been convicted yet. Believe it or not, the majority have addictions or alcoholism. I do not believe that is an excuse to break the law, but i do not see how caging them helps. People die in withdrawal every day. I have yet to meet someone who doesnt know someone they care about who suffers from alcohol or drug addiction. I do know what goes on in jail, and it sounds like the majority on this forum are clueless.
blondieblu

United States

#31 May 4, 2011
i am a recovering addict with a brain
Rick

Wheaton, IL

#32 Jul 26, 2011
blondieblu wrote:
i am a recovering addict with a brain
Tell them Shannon!
cousin

Wheaton, IL

#33 Jul 27, 2011
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell them Shannon!
Scottie
Shannyland

Wheaton, IL

#34 Jul 29, 2011
blondieblu wrote:
Hey genius, the people in jail , for the most part, have not been convicted yet. Believe it or not, the majority have addictions or alcoholism. I do not believe that is an excuse to break the law, but i do not see how caging them helps. People die in withdrawal every day. I have yet to meet someone who doesnt know someone they care about who suffers from alcohol or drug addiction. I do know what goes on in jail, and it sounds like the majority on this forum are clueless.
Iphone app. I wish I wasnt a nastybutt pill monster!
outsider

Jacksonville, FL

#35 Jul 31, 2011
You guys do need to be careful. The liberal mongrels, ACLU, will eventually destroy your way of life. They will strip you of everything that makes your area so wonderful. They will destroy your churches, replace them with mosques and teach your children that your strong Christian beliefs and morals are evil and wrong and you will be labeled privledged white racist. Just wait for them to infiltrate your schools. This is just the beginning; wait and see.... I have no mercy for those in prison and for those in jail not much more. Even if you are innocent, we can't cater to fear of the few placed erroneously, a good man will know this and accept this. As for the addicts, no one pushed that pill down their throats, withdrawal is dangerous and should not be made easy. What helps keep some from returning to addictions happens to be the experience of withdrawal.

Last but not least, Bloomington is beautiful and the students are great. Don't put down others because they chose to continue education instead of entering the workforce straight after high school. What is good for you wasn't good for me. I haven't lost my values to their liberal BS teaching. Good parenting prepares the student for the attempted brainwashing and how to discern the evil misguided teachings from the truth. I walked out IU with a degree and more conservative than when I arrived.
u people

Niles, MI

#36 Jul 31, 2011
there in jail not prison which means there most likely not a convicted criminal yet and r waiting trail. innocent until proven guilty i believe it still is. And Sodomy is wrong
DOC Bloomington

Morris, IL

#37 Aug 1, 2011
Allie wrote:
This blows my mind! I am a health care worker and cannot afford health care and these guys are getting 3 meals a day,somewhere to sleep,no bills,and the best part they get free health care, oo wait a minute it is free to them but not us we get to pay for it. GROW up get a job and stay out of jail. Mcdonalds is always hiring.
They do not get completely free medical, they do have to pay something and if they do not have the money they are not seen at all. I know it's nothing compared to us......just saying and trying to keep you better informed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sara Brooks is a SLUT! 20 hr Blake 14
News Indiana Christian school at center of LGBT vouc... Jun 22 Wondering 25
sandy k stratton 53 and new york keith is his name (Jan '13) Jun 7 Gorilla glue 2
News 60-year sentence for abduction, slaying of Indi... Jun 5 YouBet 6
Pizza question from an out of towner (Apr '16) May '17 Rollies is better 16
News Prosecutor: Organist painted anti-gay graffiti ... May '17 Marco R s Secret ... 36
I think Lauren Spierer was setup. (Jun '11) Apr '17 bcobainb 65

Bloomington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bloomington Mortgages