Why did Carrie Butler jump to her dea...
Rob from Austin

Liberty Hill, TX

#21 Aug 24, 2013
11 years ago it was a much different company. 11 years ago the credit union wasn't paying less than 1% and They weren't selling some of their buildings and just doing leases.
Bnonomous

Toledo, OH

#22 Aug 24, 2013
Either way. Suicide is much more complicated than that. How dare you all presume to know why she did what she did.
yep

Champaign, IL

#23 Sep 2, 2013
Fact is SF is.pulling out i have seen the emails from higher ups as my BF works there. So veryone buckle down this towns runs on SF and its leaving.
tell more

United States

#24 Sep 2, 2013
Yep, tell more. Tell it all. How is this affecting the employees lives?
Lynn

United States

#25 Sep 16, 2013
@ Yep. Wrong, SF is not leaving Bloomington. Not by any means. It is consolidating some operations that were not already based in Bloomington, into 3 other locations across the country. Do not expect any downsizing of numbers in Bloomington.
anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

#26 Sep 30, 2013
This is my cousin that you are all debating so loosely. None of you know what actually happened and none of you NEED to know what happened. I will say that State Farm does not have her blood on their hands, her job was merely one portion of all the things that were bothering her. Now leave her alone. And donations to the animal shelter are definitely welcome.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#27 Sep 30, 2013
Actually, some of us know all too well what happened, as we were there WHEN it happened. I wish it wasn't the case, but it is what it is. If YOU'RE wondering what happened, there's a great account of it on the other forum about this topic.
Rob Austin

Austin, TX

#28 Sep 30, 2013
I think everyone is just wondering if soemthing could have changed at State Farm to avoid this in the future.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#29 Sep 30, 2013
By great, I mean very accurate.
Former mid Atlantic EE

Colonial Heights, VA

#30 Jan 13, 2014
SF is a sea of jellyfish in a sea of sharks. Years of promoting females and minorities. Has finally caught up to mother mutual, who has reached age 87 and needs to give up her license..
Former mid Atlantic EE

Colonial Heights, VA

#31 Jan 13, 2014
Speaking of Illinois, dick Durbin and his liberal cronies have run Illinois in the ground... Decades of liberal mismanagement at its best... Mr. Ed at State Farm is of the same caliber as mr. Durbin... Both will surely go to hell!
California

Sacramento, CA

#32 Feb 24, 2014
State Farm is doing it all over again closing California offices and leaving long term employees without jobs unless they relocate.
lancer

United States

#33 Mar 7, 2014
So dumb as army dude! A jobs a job! You a crack head!
lancer

United States

#34 Mar 7, 2014
Its natural to think why?, in a location where the emotion does not take place you idiot!
lancer

United States

#35 Mar 7, 2014
Former mid Atlantic EE wrote:
SF is a sea of jellyfish in a sea of sharks. Years of promoting females and minorities. Has finally caught up to mother mutual, who has reached age 87 and needs to give up her license..
. I don't even work there but, your right!
Someone who REALLY knows

United States

#36 May 15, 2014
Someone Who Knows Things wrote:
This company LIES and they do treat their employees like garbage. The image they have upheld is sickening, considering what is really going on behind closed doors. There aren't too many happy employees I would guess, seems to be a pattern here.
I haven't been around long enough to know about the young man who jumped in 2001/2002, however what I do know is that Carrie had many issues outside of work that were affecting her daily life. The department that she worked for was relocating and she would have been given preference to any positions that would be open for her to apply, as State Farm has never laid employees off, and would always provide a job opportunity or severance to those who were affected by a change in company structure. Carrie's death is tied to far more than her realizing that her position was being moved elsewhere, given that she would have the opportunity in another department or location, but rather that she had personal issues that were unrecognized prior to the incident. One thing I do know that is that the only people who say State Farm is an awful company to work for are either those who have been released by the company or feel that they were entitled to a position they did not receive. State Farm treats its employees extremely well, and there is no doubt to that.
justice

Tucker, GA

#37 May 16, 2014
I just want to mention that few years ago three State Farm employees in Atlanta suicide. I was an State Farm employee and they really treat employees like trash especially minorities. This company covers everything with money because they want to keep their good reputation. I do believe the work stress contribute to all this suicide.
Not me

Compton, IL

#38 Jun 5, 2014
State Farm is a two-sided coin. One the one hand, there are very smart and mostly wonderful people working there. Operational level managers (TMs and Section Managers) are mostly flexible kind people. The policies are mostly consistent and uniformly enforced.

It is, however, a deeply corporate environment, and all the politics apply, not to mention being caged in small cubicles, which are steadily shrinking, like the workforce. Employees at the hourly level are timed within milliseconds and pressured to compete against each other with poorly designed metrics. In addition, they are not paid well unless they have at least ten years at State Farm, it is nearly impossible to rise out of the technical level, because this level of personnel are not given the same development opportunities as other, more fortunate people. So, there are many talented, intelligent people being wasted at the operational level who are stuck there. Lastly, the changes being implemented are being done so at the expense of these same employees, while the executive board sits pretty. The demands on the operational pool of workers is taking the heat for a lot if mistakes being made by the change architects who keep failing and trying again, only to demand even more from the poor hourly people just trying to meet their production requirements in a very unsupportive (beyond the immediate) environment.
Insider

Norwood, PA

#39 Jul 7, 2014
Former mid Atlantic EE wrote:
Speaking of Illinois, dick Durbin and his liberal cronies have run Illinois in the ground... Decades of liberal mismanagement at its best... Mr. Ed at State Farm is of the same caliber as mr. Durbin... Both will surely go to hell!
What a bunch of GOP bs.
fedup

La Vergne, TN

#40 Mar 22, 2015
They used to be a company that cared but that isn't the case anymore. They are making changes in the name of providing better customer service, but they are actually providing worse customer service with the new claims model. They are also shedding their long time employees in favor of cheaper, new inexperienced employees. All of the claims migration moves to date have been an utter failure, but nobody seems to want to admit it. Out with the experienced people and in with the clueless people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are you a State Farm Employee affected by closu... (Aug '13) Dec 7 jumbo 41
News 'Never too old to love' (May '08) Dec 4 oldawg 5
Normal Music Selection (Sep '12) Oct '17 Baloney 23
News A year after Trump's election, ISU internationa... Oct '17 tomin cali 1
john peppercorn the prophet Oct '17 The Anti-Flower C... 8
News Comic-book author who spoke at UI a Marvel herself Oct '17 The Anti-Flower C... 1
Crystal Thompson fired from waffle house (Aug '12) Sep '17 Dona day 4

Bloomington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bloomington Mortgages