Hundreds attend Mass for 17-year-old ...

Hundreds attend Mass for 17-year-old Anyssia Escamilla, who was pregnant when she was killed

There are 16 comments on the www.pe.com story from Aug 16, 2010, titled Hundreds attend Mass for 17-year-old Anyssia Escamilla, who was pregnant when she was killed. In it, www.pe.com reports that:

About 300 friends and family members packed St. Catherine of Siena church in Rialto to mourn Anyssia Escamilla in an hourlong Catholic Mass this morning.

They described the 17-year-old Bloomington girl as dedicated to her family, especially her 3-year-old son, Jonathan.

Escamilla's body was found at a Corona landfill earlier this month by Fontana police after an almost three-month search since her disappearance May 11.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.pe.com.

Newbury Park, CA

#1 Aug 16, 2010
What is going on, at 17 year old with a three year old baby and another on the way. What! Parents wake up! At 17 your child should be looking at what college to attend, not what guy to get pregnant by. 17 is too young to date! Proof in the pudding here. Now her life is over. Get back on track parents. Quit allowing these kids to have boyfriends and date. Not till they are 18, unless a group date.

How can any adult know who will be a killer? We don't, but we see red flags as we are older than our children, wisdom and time has taught us/parents. But you are allowing a child to date and have sex, not knowing any danger. Shame on you.

Parents wake up. Tell your kids no dating till 18yrs old. Yes, they do listen, I have three that waited.

Really what is a boy going to do on a date with your 14-17 yr old child? Pick her up on his bicycle? and go get a dollar burger to share? A child has nothing to offer your child, except trouble.

Our girls are worth more, teach them that!
FAA

Moreno Valley, CA

#2 Aug 17, 2010
Where the hell was her parents? Where was her mother or grandma? Maybe if they were around and gave a little more than a damn this CHILD would not have been a 17 year old with a 3 year old and one on the way...and MAYBE they could of protected her from someone like the monster who killed her. Her mother should of kept ALL boys away until her daughter finished school.

Got to ask...was the 18 year old the father of the 3 year old?
TurtleDove

Hacienda Heights, CA

#3 Aug 17, 2010
Of course it is horrible that this girl is dead, but........hello parents!
She already had one kid at 14-15 and you can't tell me that there were no clues that this guy was a MONSTER?
FRIEND OF THE FAMILEY

United States

#4 Aug 21, 2010
even though she was a young mother and another on the way ... you mean to tell me that you all never did things behind your parents back ??? like have un pertective sex...
what dose it matter, the main thing her is she was murderd, and thiscould have been anyones daughter..
to my friends , our hearts go out to you, she will be missed... we love you ..
FAA

“100% Flame Resistant”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#5 Aug 22, 2010
Sure I did stuff behind my parents back when I was 13. I liked a boy and he liked me. He gave me his phone number, but my mom would not let me call him. So, as soon as I got a chance, I called him! And when he answered, I hung up! Why? Because I was a 13 year old kid. I didn't go out and get pregnant by the boy. I just called and hung up on him on a almost daily basis for about a week or two until I got bored.
ZXCVB

Plano, TX

#6 Aug 29, 2010
Well this bad thing happened. I should have?(what?) I dont care that she had a child at this young age? She had one on the way? She was a good mother!! She was a daughter!!! She was a child!!! She was a child of CHRIST !!!! She was human!!! We all make mistakes.... And we make more then one!!! Where was HIS parents!!! How did they raise this killer? Why did he feel he had to KILL her to solve this problem? he had with having this baby?He didnt as she didnt use protection!! are it could have broken,who knows? I wasnt there. Im just at a lose of words.How people throw stones !! Im more then sure he could of talked to someone.He decided to kill his baby mama and his child.He was a sick person to do this cents less crime.He was not man enough to take up this responds ability!! To talk to anybody.He took the coward way out,for the coward he was.I feel sad for both kids,her 3yr,and the baby she was carrying.They lost their child to a killer.And the parents that raised him that never thought he could kill, EVIL!!
ZXCVB

Plano, TX

#7 Aug 29, 2010
I know his parents are all so feeling bad.Saying I should have (what)? We dont know.Well they also last a grandchild and a sick son. Both sides are at mourning. So instead of saying what should of not happened? Lets find ways for these kids to be able to live without being harmed cause they want to keep there child. Lets start talking and listening to them.I have other kids always asking me things that they wouldnt ask their own parents.Tell them the truth.Dont hide anything,leave nothing out,and that they should be able to tell family anything.So when something happens bad or good it will be dealt with.Tell your kids about sex,drugs,men,women,the difference with male and female, how sex works,what is rape?,signs of abuse, the difference between love and hate,etc... I could go on and on. What you dont teach your kids SOMEONE ELSE WILL!! and you will not like what the streets teach!! You will learn really quick.So many evil ass people on this earth. Killing all are kids,and have no mercy !!!!
FAA

“100% Flame Resistant”

Location hidden

#8 Aug 29, 2010
How could she be a "good mother" when she was just a kid herself? And what kind of 'good mother' gets knocked up by ANOTHER guy when she can't even take care of the one that she has?(And don't dole out that bullshit that she takes care of them...unless she can afford a roof over her own head and pays for her and her childs food without support from anyone, including welfare, she is NOT taking care of her kid).

If she was a good mother, her butt would be too busy with school and a job to get pregnant AGAIN by some OTHER guy. But I really don't blame her. I blame her lazy mother. Bad mothers breeding bad mothers.

And all those kids who ask you for advice instead of their own parents? I hope to God they are not asking your advice on how to write.
ZXCVB

Plano, TX

#9 Aug 30, 2010
well you dont worry about my writing @itch you understood it well.And she was a good mother she took care of her kids !! however she did it. Sick [email protected] like you that sit,text.and talk about people due to your sorry ass life style!! so what on her life and how she lived it. Did you help her?Do you know her? NO,NO to both because i did. And as far as you thinking you can move me ? Like I said the only sick o was the baby daddy,and you twisted @uck, you probably what her baby daddy and he didnt what you. To bad he,should of killed your ass. No need to worry ,you will have your day,with your perfect life,with no mistakes.??FFA ??? LET ME SEE O...FEMALE AND ASSHOLES!!! your name fits you.You are missing that B
ZXCVB

Dallas, TX

#10 Aug 30, 2010
Its funny how people talk all this @hit over this topix.I would love to meet you face to face FAA? To see if you still have that big mouth. He will get his in jail,and I hope and pray they hit every hole in his body!!! you just jealous she was pretty,and had a beautiful child.I can tell you dont have any.Thats why you talking about a died girl,and her mom that loved her.Until you have your own you will never know how it feels to lose a child no matter who ,and how,they lived.GET A LIFE YOU SICK @ITCH,R.I.P HOMIE
FAA

“100% Flame Resistant”

Location hidden

#11 Aug 30, 2010
Yeah, funny how people talk shit over this Topix. Kind of like how you are all worked up over this. Kind of like how you getting all 'ghetto' about meeting me face to face? Is that what you teach those kids who ask you for help? All you are doing is posting for everyones' entertainment.

Relax, "homie". You must be one of those 'young ladies' who got knocked up while in jr high for you to get this upset. This isn't the wild-wild west and I am not some ghetto rat hoodlum, so you are going to have to get 'all gangsta' with someone who has time for your foolishness.

Back to the story. Too bad the girl died. Too bad her parents didn't keep better tabs on her. If she was MY daughter,(as I already posted) she would be too busy with school/raising HER child/and working atleast a few hours a week to hook up and get knocked up again. But hey, that's me.
FAA

“100% Flame Resistant”

Location hidden

#12 Aug 30, 2010
And the story is not about me nor is it about your short tempered, ghetto attitude. Stick to the topic, you poota chalupa. Have some respect for the dead girl.
Vero Moreno Valley

AOL

#13 Sep 17, 2010
FAA wrote:
Sure I did stuff behind my parents back when I was 13. I liked a boy and he liked me. He gave me his phone number, but my mom would not let me call him. So, as soon as I got a chance, I called him! And when he answered, I hung up! Why? Because I was a 13 year old kid. I didn't go out and get pregnant by the boy. I just called and hung up on him on a almost daily basis for about a week or two until I got bored.
I was like that too, but remember other girls that were more mature or became mothers very young. A life is lost , this girl was loved I don't think we should judge but just have some compassion for what this family is going through. Have you lost a loved one? I have lost two brothers and it hard the last thing you want to hear are judgemental words.
Vero Moreno Valley

AOL

#14 Sep 17, 2010
FAA wrote:
How could she be a "good mother" when she was just a kid herself? And what kind of 'good mother' gets knocked up by ANOTHER guy when she can't even take care of the one that she has?(And don't dole out that bullshit that she takes care of them...unless she can afford a roof over her own head and pays for her and her childs food without support from anyone, including welfare, she is NOT taking care of her kid).
If she was a good mother, her butt would be too busy with school and a job to get pregnant AGAIN by some OTHER guy. But I really don't blame her. I blame her lazy mother. Bad mothers breeding bad mothers.
And all those kids who ask you for advice instead of their own parents? I hope to God they are not asking your advice on how to write.
Are you from outer space? Some young mothers are better than some out there. Aren't you around kids?
Vero Moreno Valley

AOL

#15 Sep 17, 2010
FAA wrote:
Yeah, funny how people talk shit over this Topix. Kind of like how you are all worked up over this. Kind of like how you getting all 'ghetto' about meeting me face to face? Is that what you teach those kids who ask you for help? All you are doing is posting for everyones' entertainment.
Relax, "homie". You must be one of those 'young ladies' who got knocked up while in jr high for you to get this upset. This isn't the wild-wild west and I am not some ghetto rat hoodlum, so you are going to have to get 'all gangsta' with someone who has time for your foolishness.
Back to the story. Too bad the girl died. Too bad her parents didn't keep better tabs on her. If she was MY daughter,(as I already posted) she would be too busy with school/raising HER child/and working atleast a few hours a week to hook up and get knocked up again. But hey, that's me.
You can't always control your kids pray for them. They make choices you are not guaranteed to spend tommorrow with them. I would like to meet you face to face. We could have tea and talk. Its easy to make remarks on the computer but face to face is another situation. I guess this is a way that you ventilate. Not the time to judge kitty.
FAA

“100% Flame Resistant”

Location hidden

#16 Sep 18, 2010
Vero Moreno Valley wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you from outer space? Some young mothers are better than some out there. Aren't you around kids?
No, I am not from outerspace. I am not an "illegal alien"...lollololol...ahe m

Anyway, I guess we were raised in two different societies with different cultural influences and raised by people who installed different morals and self control.

Meh. One persons sad teenager with lack of family planning skills is anothers martyr for the anti-abortion group. Yeah, it didn't really make sense to me either, put some priest said it in the story.

And if you are going to stalk me (or stock me), you have to step in line. There are about 3 people infront of you. Actually, just two. But Alicias' fat ass takes up two spots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 58 min Chosen Traveler 35,087
Kendall Drive Townhomes at 2564 W. Kendall Dr. ... 1 hr KENDALL TOWNHOMES CA 9
Super Target is located at 3086 W. Kendall Dr. ... 6 hr SUPER TARGET SB 20
Review: Kendall Plaza Marketplace San Bernardino 10 hr KENDALL PLAZA MAR... 40
Bank of America at 2999 W. Kendall Dr. San Bern... Mon BANK OF AMERICA SB 20
Fitness 19 at 2999 W. Kendall Dr. San Bernardin... Mon FITNESS 19 SB 20
Mobil Gas Station at 2999 W. Kendall Dr. San Be... Sun MOBIL KFC SAN BER... 20

Bloomington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bloomington Mortgages