Fontana officials to talk fireworks ban

Fontana officials to talk fireworks ban

There are 31 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Mar 23, 2010, titled Fontana officials to talk fireworks ban. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

The fireworks debate continues tonight as the City Council is slated to introduce a ballot measure that would ban their sales and use here.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fontana 180

Canyon Country, CA

#22 Oct 8, 2010
MyAdvice wrote:
<quoted text>
Mayor Mark is right. When a city bans safe and sane that means the people that light the illegal fireworks can't hide witin the mists of the safe and sane firework which makes them a lot easier to find. I know many cities that have decided to ban the sale of safe and sane and those areas have greatly improved. We went to the speedway last year and it was wonderful!!
Mayor Mark is not mayor anymore... What kind of Republican is for more Government intervention in our lives? The kind that must go!
Shania Twine

Fontana, CA

#23 Jun 29, 2011
Please tell that to the residents of Fontana...I dare you...Toodles B.
Pat baron

Covina, CA

#24 Jul 2, 2011
I live in Covina ca and would like to know how to make it legal to use legal safe sane fire works. How to go about it . Do I need to raise a patition of signators. Can someone get me pointed in the right direction.
Little Dutsen

United States

#25 Jan 11, 2012
Man the law sucks ass these days. If they ban fireworks...no one will be happy on the 4th...its worthless...its like saying...party snapps are loud...BAN THEM like c'mon. Dont be a dumbass !=/
up date

Los Angeles, CA

#26 Jan 15, 2012
The vote by the community failed to make it illegal for safe and sane . Fines are up to a thousand for improper use of safe and sane though they are legal in the city but not legal in the county . Rocket time known as illegal fireworks carrry a fine up to 10,000 .
up date

Los Angeles, CA

#27 Jan 15, 2012
Measure X - Fontana
83/83 100.00%
Vote Count Percent
YES 9,803 32.70%
NO 20,174 67.30%
Total 29,977
June

Fontana, CA

#28 Jul 5, 2015
I live on the top of Hunters Ridge . Every 4th of July (and a few weeks before,) I see illegal mortars shot off all around HR. Including my neighbors below me.Where are the police? I live right by very dry brush. It makes me very nervous. And yes I have called and complained. They must have friends on the police dept.:(
Raydot

Hesperia, CA

#29 Nov 26, 2015
Yeah and what next the confederate flag.
Thom

Perris, CA

#30 Mar 13, 2016
Nancy wrote:
Please! After many years of out-of-control fireworks users mixed in with the responsible people who use them carefully, it's time we realize the over-all threat of danger to the general safety of the public is not worth the pleasure gained by the few. My own son was burned on his face when a child even though we were extremely cautious with our fireworks. That night saw the last of our personal use of fireworks and the beginning of our attending city and college displays. My son was 8 years old then, and is 40 years old this year. We have not missed the mayhem and are glad to be safe. Now if we could just stop the insanity of illegal fireworks, and gun-shooters and drunks, we might really be able to celebrate the birth of the USA in freedom rather than in fear. Please, city council, take a pro-active step to ban the use of fireworks in the city limits. The citizens of Fontana deserve no less.
So because your waterhead kid burned himself when he was 8 years old we should all suffer by not being able to enjoy safe and sane fireworks in our own neighborhoods? You want us all to pile together with a bunch of people we don't want to be around and more than likely will be loud, completely obnoxious and rude as hell. Then, after the "show" wait in traffic for hours to get back home. NO, NO, NO!!!! Fontana needs to leave "safe and sane" fireworks ALONE!
FontanaReformata

Fontana, CA

#31 Jul 2, 2016
I'm going to start a movement and a petition to put into law a ban against the use of residential fireworks for good. Fireworks that are regulated and organized for public display will be the only ones allowed. This will happen.
Petrasonic

Fontana, CA

#32 Jul 4, 2016
fireworks safe and illegal have to stop in average neighborhood. We have a newborn and it's not right. They are dangerous and too loud . Plus people are pigs and don't clean up their mess up the next morning. Only fireworks allowed should be at parks or stadiums. And the way you stop it is make the find really hug like 10k first time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Inland Empire residents rally, march against Tr... 9 hr spytheweb 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Trojan 32,718
News Teens protest legislation (Mar '06) 12 hr Red Foreman 237
News San Bernardino, others cracking down on panhand... (Oct '10) Jan 18 RGregory0321 76
FUTURE SENATORS of The UNITED STATES ! Jan 16 Daisy Dukes It Out 1
" RUSE UP .. RUSE UP ... RUSE unto Your Power "... Jan 16 Old Millennia Tramp 1
News SB Mexican Consulate gets moving `Consulate on ... (Mar '08) Jan 15 Joseph 5

Bloomington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bloomington Mortgages