Fontana police still wary of medical ...

Fontana police still wary of medical marijuana facilities

There are 15 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from May 7, 2010, titled Fontana police still wary of medical marijuana facilities. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

Although medical marijuana distribution facilities were outlawed in Fontana in 2007, law enforcement officials remain concerned about their effects, as many are popping up in unincorporated areas just outside the city's boundaries.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

gjh

Los Angeles, CA

#1 May 8, 2010
I guess people shoudn't go to the bank either, there could be follow home crimes. You go to the bank and leave with money. Can't go grocery shopping, might be followed home and mugged for my brocolli. When will government figure this prop 215 out? Why are we entrusting these people to run our government when they can't seem to find any solutions to problems?
Chet R Biggerstaff

Richland, WA

#2 May 8, 2010
Studies that show collectives attract crime? Really?!?! You are a liar my friend as there is no such study like this but in fact there are some showing the crime rate is MUCH lower than even convience stores. When our officials create studies to bolster their position we know we have a HUGE problem. Our officials are not suposed to lie or be ignorant in subjects they advise the cities on. Disgusting
Mr Hoss

Pacoima, CA

#3 May 8, 2010
Time to head back to court and SUE THEIR ASSOFFAGAIN!!

The Religious right are LIARS!!!

Just because your religious belief they are banning Medical Marijuana!!!

You can't ban abortion clinics just because your religious belief says so...you can't ban medical Marijuana either. We will win in court like always....you will loose like always. The only winners in this fight are the lawyers!!

The tax payer is going to loose millions & millions in tax dollars and wasted police time!

Just because you don't like the law or don't agree with the law...it's still the law all the same and you must follow state laws over federal laws. The court as already ruled on that point. They have ruled on the state vs. federal and state laws won. You are state officers thus you must follow state law...NOT FEDERAL LAW...the court has ruled on that as well.

But just because PIGS are PIGS...they follow different the same laws as the general public...PIGS MAKE UP NEW LAWS THEMSELVES. After all MURDER OF UN ARMED CIVILIANS ARE NOW OK WITH THE COURTS!!

Next the PIGS will be shooting Medical Marijuana users for sport & fun!

THE LAW IS ON OUR SIDE AND YOU ARE NOT DOING YOUR JOB PROTECTING THE PUBLIC...FOLLOW STATE LAW AS YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD TO DO!!!

YOU ARE PAID BY THE PEOPLE OF CALIFORNIA TO ENFORCE CALIFORNIA LAW...THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO CARRY A GUN AND MURDER CIVILIANS...THAT COMES FROM THE CONSTITUTION & THE PEOPLE OF CALIFORNIA NOT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN WHOM YOU REALLY WORK FOR AND IT'S TIME YOU REMEMBER!!!

YOU WORK FOR THE PEOPLE AND THE PEOPLE CAN TAKE AWAY YOUR RIGHTS JUST AS QUICK!!!

THE "GOOD CHRISTIANS" ON THE RIGHT MUST BE STOPPED AT ALL COSTS OR ELSE WE WILL END UP WITH A NATION OF RELIGIOUS ZEALOTS WHO WILL KILL EVERYBODY WHO DOES NOT AGREE WITH THEM AND THEIR POINT OF VIEW!!!
Time to evolve

Santa Monica, CA

#4 May 8, 2010
Medical marijuana is the law and for those without a doctor's recommendation, possession of marijuana is akin to a traffic ticket. This is what the vast majority of the people of this state voted for and it's time for law enforcement to evolve and work past their egos and personal opinions. Many of them go home and get stinking drunk at night and that's OK. But their attitude of wanting to lock up a hard working man who likes to take a bong hit or two after work is just medieval.
From NORML

Santa Monica, CA

#5 May 8, 2010
Read and watch the youtube video. It shows exactly what kind of disgusting PIGS these cops are.

If you ever wondered why NORML fights for marijuana legalization -- not simply medicalization or decriminalization -- then just take a moment to watch the video (
) of this horrifying (WARNING: graphic content and language) police raid on a family home in Columbia, Missouri.

Under the cover of darkness, a team of militarized SWAT agents enter a family home and immediately engage in gunfire ó killing one of two family dogs (wounding the other), and likely inflicting lifelong trauma to the familyís seven-year-old son. The end result of SWAT teamís action? Police seized a small amount of marijuana (a few grams), and associated paraphernalia (a grinder). The man in the video ultimately pled guilty to misdemeanor drug charges and paid a $300 fine.
nune

Ontario, CA

#6 May 8, 2010
and you say pot smokers are paranoid.....
Anthony Dahms

Moreno Valley, CA

#7 May 8, 2010
This is a silly concern for fontana there are much bigger issues then a some people smoking a joint.Besides how many people have gotten stoned and beat there wife or rob a bank none is my guess, quit wasteing my tax money on this crap and legelize it and and we all can make some money off it
garbage

San Bernardino, CA

#8 May 8, 2010
Fontana needs to focus on the Meth and its related crime and leave the weed heads alone. We are harmless and mostly productive citizens. There are plenty of issues that should take priority over people puffing on an herb as has been done for thousands of years in various cultures throughout history.Get a clue elected officials! Do the right thing regardless of politics for a change. I grew up in Fontana before prop 215 and never had any problem finding weed thanks to abundance of Mexicans in the town.Fighting the herb is fighting a losing battle for law enforcement.LEGALIZE!!!
wow

Claremont, CA

#9 May 8, 2010
absurd...this makes no sense at ALL...there is no evidence that these co ops attract crime...its all lies fed by the right because it doesnt go with there agenda...LEGALIZE it i will be voting in november!!!!!!!!
Bud Green

Rocklin, CA

#10 May 10, 2010
Not only are there no "significant studies" linking crime to medical marijuana dispensaries, to my knowledge there aren't any studies at all. What we have instead are anecdotal stories and an ongoing campaign by the California Police Chiefs Association to paint any and all dispensaries with the same broad brush of misinformation.

Make no mistake, dispensaries are an attractive target, just like liquor stores are a target. The main difference is in how law enforcement -- and too often, the mainstream media -- treat incidents of crime at and near these facilities.
FED UP

Fontana, CA

#11 May 15, 2010
Mr Hoss wrote:
Time to head back to court and SUE THEIR ASSOFFAGAIN!!
The Religious right are LIARS!!!
Just because your religious belief they are banning Medical Marijuana!!!
You can't ban abortion clinics just because your religious belief says so...you can't ban medical Marijuana either. We will win in court like always....you will loose like always. The only winners in this fight are the lawyers!!
The tax payer is going to loose millions & millions in tax dollars and wasted police time!
Just because you don't like the law or don't agree with the law...it's still the law all the same and you must follow state laws over federal laws. The court as already ruled on that point. They have ruled on the state vs. federal and state laws won. You are state officers thus you must follow state law...NOT FEDERAL LAW...the court has ruled on that as well.
But just because PIGS are PIGS...they follow different the same laws as the general public...PIGS MAKE UP NEW LAWS THEMSELVES. After all MURDER OF UN ARMED CIVILIANS ARE NOW OK WITH THE COURTS!!
Next the PIGS will be shooting Medical Marijuana users for sport & fun!
THE LAW IS ON OUR SIDE AND YOU ARE NOT DOING YOUR JOB PROTECTING THE PUBLIC...FOLLOW STATE LAW AS YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD TO DO!!!
YOU ARE PAID BY THE PEOPLE OF CALIFORNIA TO ENFORCE CALIFORNIA LAW...THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO CARRY A GUN AND MURDER CIVILIANS...THAT COMES FROM THE CONSTITUTION & THE PEOPLE OF CALIFORNIA NOT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.
YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN WHOM YOU REALLY WORK FOR AND IT'S TIME YOU REMEMBER!!!
YOU WORK FOR THE PEOPLE AND THE PEOPLE CAN TAKE AWAY YOUR RIGHTS JUST AS QUICK!!!
THE "GOOD CHRISTIANS" ON THE RIGHT MUST BE STOPPED AT ALL COSTS OR ELSE WE WILL END UP WITH A NATION OF RELIGIOUS ZEALOTS WHO WILL KILL EVERYBODY WHO DOES NOT AGREE WITH THEM AND THEIR POINT OF VIEW!!!
Follow may rules. I pay for your Welfare so I should be able to go to your house and put my feet on your table and watch your big screen. Go smoke dope in your own house and don't bring it out in the public. The same people that what want Government Health Care want marijuana to be legal. Health care will sky rock taking care of all the health issues (Lung Cancer etc.) related to marijuana.

The problem is that Medical Marijuana is not regulated properly. You buy it from a house in th "County Areas" What happened to buying perscriptions from a pharmasist? If marijuana is so great why not get it at Kaiser Hospital, Loma Linda, Arrowhead? No answer for that. Plus I see a lot of young people smoking marijuana and they posseses MJ Cards. You can't tell me they all have medical issues that require MJ.
I wanted to see how easy it would be to get a card and I just paid $100.00 to a get one from a walk in clinic in LA. No questions asked. Just my name and 5 20's. Sounds legal to me!

Upland, CA

#12 May 19, 2010
You moron, we WANT to be able to buy it at pharmacies.
Rick

Claremont, CA

#13 May 19, 2010
what if kids get a hold of this dope and start dieing I bet you potheads would be real happy than. Morans.
Tax Payer

Hacienda Heights, CA

#14 May 26, 2010
rick you idiot no one has EVER tied from marijuana. to bad the same cant be said for legal substances such as alcohol and cigs.
hard working tax payer

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Feb 10, 2011
Idiots. Many young people have pain. I know alot of people that need marijuana to help with anxiety, depression, pain.. it doesn't matter what age you are, marijuana helps some people cope with everyday life.. ex-soldiers included.. it helps them cope with PTSD and so many other things for so many different people ... Also, nobody has ever died from marijuana... so do some research or something before posting ignorance. B)-~

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News San BernardinoSAN BERNARDINO: Two thieves at la... 4 hr marg 1
News Rim council presentation misses mark 6 hr Ligaya Fabian 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr tom wingo 29,848
News Aliso Viejo eliminated at sub-divisional Tue marg 1
News Heavy machinery operator college opens in San B... Jul 24 marg 1
Lesbian snapchat users? (Oct '14) Jul 22 Jamesroutledge1 134
Review: Cellular Depot Jul 22 Dashae 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bloomington Mortgages