In pursuit of rural vote, gov hopeful...

In pursuit of rural vote, gov hopefuls go country

There are 5 comments on the KSAX story from Mar 2, 2010, titled In pursuit of rural vote, gov hopefuls go country. In it, KSAX reports that:

Seven of the top DFL candidates for governor live in the metro area, but it's safe to say that they're emphasizing their ties - however tenuous - to rural Minnesota to attract more support.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSAX.

Lizzy

Andover, MN

#1 Mar 2, 2010
We can always thank the rural vote for Rudy Perpich.
Larry Mondello

Clear Lake, MN

#2 Mar 3, 2010
Yeah, and you brilliant urbanites gave yourselves Sharon Sayles Belton for something like 3 terms, not to mention Jackie Cherryhomes. Way to go, geniuses.
America the Great

Fargo, ND

#3 Mar 3, 2010
Larry Mondello wrote:
Yeah, and you brilliant urbanites gave yourselves Sharon Sayles Belton for something like 3 terms, not to mention Jackie Cherryhomes. Way to go, geniuses.
Althouh I liked Sharon Sayles Belton and I'm from St Paul, Minnesota, I'm inclined to agree with your post. It is not funny or cute to suggest rural Minnesotans can not send a good Governor to the State Capitol.

My only hope is that rural Minnesotans stop characterizing the Twin Cities as crime infested, welfarish communities whose goal is acquire tax dollars to support lazy individuals. The Twin Cities is home to several important businesses, like 3M, Toro, SuperValu, General Mills, Lawson Software, Wells Fargo, Medtronic, etc. We have several homes and nice families that work hard everyday. They enjoy the Vikings, the Twins, park trails, the Wild, the Mall of America, skiing, cabins, etc. just like you rural folks do. If we all work together, we can revitalize this state, and make it the Minnesota Miracle that it once was.
Larry Mondello

Clear Lake, MN

#4 Mar 3, 2010
America the Great wrote:
<quoted text>
Althouh I liked Sharon Sayles Belton and I'm from St Paul, Minnesota, I'm inclined to agree with your post. It is not funny or cute to suggest rural Minnesotans can not send a good Governor to the State Capitol.
My only hope is that rural Minnesotans stop characterizing the Twin Cities as crime infested, welfarish communities whose goal is acquire tax dollars to support lazy individuals. The Twin Cities is home to several important businesses, like 3M, Toro, SuperValu, General Mills, Lawson Software, Wells Fargo, Medtronic, etc. We have several homes and nice families that work hard everyday. They enjoy the Vikings, the Twins, park trails, the Wild, the Mall of America, skiing, cabins, etc. just like you rural folks do. If we all work together, we can revitalize this state, and make it the Minnesota Miracle that it once was.
Well, you actually liked Sayles Belton, so I'll make allowances for your lack of comprehension, but I don't recall anybody characterizing the Twin Cities as you described. Perhaps it was the voices in your head?
Farmer Fathead

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Mar 3, 2010
where muh ethanol subsidy at?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blooming Prairie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Largest Payout in Minnesota Awarded in Sexual O... Aug '16 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Austin woman accused of whipping son (Mar '11) Jul '16 Proudmomma 25
News Dodge County Commissioners Law enforcement cont... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Fdup 1
Regional Transit Survey (Mar '16) Mar '16 Southeast Minnesota 1
News One injured in fireworks explosion in southeast... (Nov '08) Feb '16 Rhondasloveone 8
News Schools (Feb '15) Feb '15 to many crazys ou... 1
News Blooming Prairie, Minn. / Ku Klux Klan's past i... (Mar '10) Feb '14 Destiny 6

Blooming Prairie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blooming Prairie Mortgages