Young Austin, Minn., author finds fam...

Young Austin, Minn., author finds fame - and fortune - publishing her work online

There are 22 comments on the story from Mar 8, 2011, titled Young Austin, Minn., author finds fame - and fortune - publishing her work online. In it, reports that:

For the fifth time in a year, Amanda Hocking was finishing a book. It was late 2009, and in a binge of Red Bull and Sweet Tarts - and intermittent cold cans of ravioli and SpaghettiOs - she continued to chase a dream that had eluded her for years.

Join the discussion below, or

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Oakville, Canada

#46 Mar 10, 2011
I've read all of Amanda's books and every one of them is excellent! I have both Kindle and Nook apps on my iPhone and download freebies and low-cost books regularly. Amanda is one of the best authors, equal to Harlan Coban and Robert Crais (two of my fav authors). She deserves all the fame and fortune she has received.

Amanda, keep writing and I will keep reading.
Just Wondering

Minneapolis, MN

#48 Mar 16, 2011

Way to go! I love it when someone sticks to their dream even when everyone around them is telling them that it's a waste of time. You had the faith to believe even when your eyes, ears and brain were probably often telling you otherwise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blooming Prairie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Largest Payout in Minnesota Awarded in Sexual O... Aug '16 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Austin woman accused of whipping son (Mar '11) Jul '16 Proudmomma 25
News Dodge County Commissioners Law enforcement cont... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Fdup 1
Regional Transit Survey (Mar '16) Mar '16 Southeast Minnesota 1
News One injured in fireworks explosion in southeast... (Nov '08) Feb '16 Rhondasloveone 8
News Schools (Feb '15) Feb '15 to many crazys ou... 1
News Blooming Prairie, Minn. / Ku Klux Klan's past i... (Mar '10) Feb '14 Destiny 6

Blooming Prairie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blooming Prairie Mortgages