Being gay is not a choice

There are 20 comments on the CNN story from Nov 16, 2011, titled Being gay is not a choice. In it, CNN reports that:

Family and friends applaud after James Hormel, the first openly gay U.S. ambassador, is sworn in as envoy to Luxembourg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jaja

United States

#2 Nov 17, 2011
Text me
tumbleweed

Midlothian, TX

#3 Nov 17, 2011
Why start this thread? We all know that no one would choose to be gay.
Fugly Pelosi

Mcallen, TX

#4 Nov 17, 2011
Tell that to the bisexual.
Lying Abe s Trefahcta

Bethlehem, PA

#5 Nov 17, 2011
Coming out or staying in the closet is the choice. Just ask Shep Smith or Bill Hemmer or TIA Tic Gretta or Larry Craig or Ted Haggard or Condi Rice. I bet their thoughts on the subject would be fascinating.
kyle

Washington, DC

#6 Nov 18, 2011
Yea, it's not my fault I swallow c*ck I'm the best at deep throat! Call me, text me, I don't care!! Just gimme the dk!!! Hurry up!!
Finocchio Corner

Chandler, AZ

#7 Nov 18, 2011
The whole persona of the gay community is about their deviant sexual proclivities as evidenced in these forums, gay pride days and parades. Don't taze me bro with propaganda...

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#8 Nov 18, 2011
It may not be a choise, but it sure is FUN !

WOO-HOO !

:)
P Schlafly s Creampie

Bethlehem, PA

#9 Nov 18, 2011
Finocchio Corner wrote:
The whole persona of the gay community is about their deviant sexual proclivities as evidenced in these forums, gay pride days and parades. Don't taze me bro with propaganda...
By your "logic" the whole persona of the str8 community is about str8 men violently raping women.

But non insane people don't characterize all str8 men as rapists of women just because so damn many str8 men do violently rape women.
You Wish

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Nov 18, 2011
Some people are born straight.
Some people are born bi.
Some people are born gay.
Some people are born attracted to animals.
Some people are born attracted to small children.
Some people are born attracted to blow up dolls.
Some people are born attracted to whips and leather.
Some people are born attracted to feet.
Some people are born attracted to dead bodies...
Finocchio Corner

Chandler, AZ

#11 Nov 18, 2011
P Schlafly s Creampie wrote:
<quoted text>
By your "logic" the whole persona of the str8 community is about str8 men violently raping women.
But non insane people don't characterize all str8 men as rapists of women just because so damn many str8 men do violently rape women.
What has that got to do with the topic of this thread? If you have concerns in that area. Get a concealed carry permit. If you live in a state that hasn't 2nd amendment rights, move to a state that does. If your ugly amd/or fat, you have no worries at all....

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#12 Nov 18, 2011
Finocchio Corner wrote:
The whole persona of the gay community is about their deviant sexual proclivities as evidenced in these forums, gay pride days and parades. Don't taze me bro with propaganda...
No, Dear, it's YOUR devient fantasies about what you dream gay folks might be doing. There is very little mention of sex on these forums, except by bigots like yourself who obsess endlessly about it.

I've never seen to a gay pride parade, but I don't think it can be much different that what I've seen in Mardi Gras parades, and the wanton activities that seem to about between young straight folks on Spring Break.

Are you saying that because young straight people behave wildly on occasion, that ALL heterosexuals do, all the time?

You must, or you would be labeling youself a hypocrit.
P Schlafly s Creampie

Bethlehem, PA

#13 Nov 18, 2011
Finocchio Corner wrote:
<quoted text>
What has that got to do with the topic of this thread?
Let me explain so a cretin can follow:

The sick homophobes post again and again how all glbt people are like a particular instance, in this case the Penn State assistant coach.

I point out that by that "logic" all str8 men must be defamed as violent rapists of women. Because so damn many str8 men do rape women.

In other words, you moron, I'm showing that the bigots' clear obsessions with pedophilia have nothing to do with the glbt community. Except in the disordered minds of sexually disordered, defaming homophobes.

Of course I realize even if you wanted to comprehend anything that you would be unable to.

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

#14 Nov 18, 2011
You Wish wrote:
Some people are born straight.
Some people are born bi.
Some people are born gay.
Some people are born attracted to animals.
Some people are born attracted to small children.
Some people are born attracted to blow up dolls.
Some people are born attracted to whips and leather.
Some people are born attracted to feet.
Some people are born attracted to dead bodies...
Wrong.

They are BORN either male or female.

Being hom0 is a choice.
You Wish

Bowling Green, KY

#15 Nov 18, 2011
ImRight59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
They are BORN either male or female.
Being hom0 is a choice.
Seriously? Did you read the list? Do you really think that I believe some people are BORN attracted to blow up dolls? lol
Sick of Stupid

Bettendorf, IA

#17 Nov 19, 2011
You Wish wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? Did you read the list? Do you really think that I believe some people are BORN attracted to blow up dolls? lol
Actually I thought you were a blow up doll.

Some Straight people will never really understand gay people.
So what.
jaja

United States

#18 Nov 19, 2011
You Wish wrote:
Some people are born straight.
Some people are born bi.
Some people are born gay.
Some people are born attracted to animals.
Some people are born attracted to small children.
Some people are born attracted to blow up dolls.
Some people are born attracted to whips and leather.
Some people are born attracted to feet.
Some people are born attracted to dead bodies...
Some people were born attracted to you...if your lucky!! Bahaha

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#19 Nov 19, 2011
ImRight59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
They are BORN either male or female.
Being hom0 is a choice.
Yes, gay people are born male or female, and also gay.

If you believe that some people can magically remove ALL attraction to the opposite gender, and start to feel ONLY attraction to the same gender, on a whim, explain how that's done.

Why to bigots say such silly and illogical things? It's not like they actually KNOW.
You Wish

Bowling Green, KY

#21 Nov 20, 2011
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, gay people are born male or female, and also gay.
If you believe that some people can magically remove ALL attraction to the opposite gender, and start to feel ONLY attraction to the same gender, on a whim, explain how that's done.
Why to bigots say such silly and illogical things? It's not like they actually KNOW.
On that same token, some people are born child molesters, right?

“Indeed, I am!”

Since: Feb 09

As if it mattered . . .

#22 Nov 20, 2011
You Wish wrote:
<quoted text>
On that same token, some people are born child molesters, right?
Perhaps, but probably not. The thing is, child molesters inherently cause harm. To children. Gay people don't inherently harm anyone.

You're comparing cucumbers to kumquats. The comparison fails.

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#23 Nov 20, 2011
mmmmmm....... kumquats.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blooming Prairie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Water &a SLight Board advised wholesale electri... Feb '15 Ray 1
News Schools Feb '15 to many crazys ou... 1
News Edwards to Serve Nearly 14-Years for Murder (Apr '08) Dec '14 ajmorty 10
Friend (Jan '08) Oct '14 Dereck 7
News Beau Zabel Murder Investigation Update (Jun '08) Jun '14 Steve and Mary 9
News Rate cuts won't mean loans will be easier to get (Mar '08) Mar '14 Valli 2
News Blooming Prairie, Minn. / Ku Klux Klan's past i... (Mar '10) Feb '14 Destiny 6
More from around the web

Blooming Prairie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]