BSD school board tables injunction ag...

BSD school board tables injunction against reclassification

There are 35 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Sep 15, 2009, titled BSD school board tables injunction against reclassification. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

The Bloomfield school board will wait to receive legal counsel before deciding whether to file an injunction fighting Bloomfield High School's bump to Class 4A.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rmac

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#1 Sep 16, 2009
Winners accept a challenge, losers are content playing and dominating lesser competition. What's it gonna be Bloomfield?
flatbroke

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Sep 16, 2009
Good call not suing. Waste of maney. You have stayed in 3A by the skin of your teeth for years and you already play most of the schools anyway
SHS alumi

Boulder, CO

#3 Sep 16, 2009
i agree that winners do accept challenges, they just don't want to lose there district titles. they already compete against 4A schools in regular season, why not district?
confuzedbhsfan

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Sep 16, 2009
why would bloomfield want to give $10,000.00 to $40,000.00 to lawyers instead of their students, plus paying whatever the extra travel expenses are ($100,000.00 or less?), just to dominate 3A? Are the Board and the athletic director really that scared of 4A? I guess i'm just confused and wondering if someone else can give a legitimate reason for taking that amount of money away from the kids?
Pete

Los Alamos, NM

#5 Sep 16, 2009
What an insult to the athletes by Phil Sategña. He is basicly telling them that they are not good enough to compete in 4A and that to be champions they HAVE to stay in 3A. Maybe the parents and the board should look at getting rid of Sategña and give the AD job to someone that believes in the student athletes.
SategnaHater

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Sep 17, 2009
Pete wrote:
What an insult to the athletes by Phil Sategña. He is basicly telling them that they are not good enough to compete in 4A and that to be champions they HAVE to stay in 3A. Maybe the parents and the board should look at getting rid of Sategña and give the AD job to someone that believes in the student athletes.
You NAILED it on the head. It's all about Sategna and his ego. It makes his miserable life better by beating up smaller schools.

Can someone point out BHS success' in the last 10 years since PS has been "in charge."

(Be careful on calling Phil or Jean-E out, if they know who you are they will try to make your life miserable.)

Come on Phil fight for the right to be the tallest midget! Scim some $ off the gate (not that this has EVER been done!) and pay those lawyers! Who needs $50,000 for computers, books, teachers, education?

God Bless me, and may He turn my hatred into more positive work!
hoping for the best

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Sep 17, 2009
Satengna Hater... You sound like a disgruntled parent who didn't get their way.. Joe Rasor does not have any idea about how much lawyers cost and should have never made a comment like that. The Satengna's have been working in the Bloomfield School District longer than Mr. Rasor (who left to make more money and is back again for Money not for kids.He Could care less about students and their success)It is not easy dealing with parents and a new generation of kids... 3A or 4A athletes are athletes and they will be successful. You however I am not sure..Keep Praying
SategnaHater wrote:
<quoted text>
You NAILED it on the head. It's all about Sategna and his ego. It makes his miserable life better by beating up smaller schools.
Can someone point out BHS success' in the last 10 years since PS has been "in charge."
(Be careful on calling Phil or Jean-E out, if they know who you are they will try to make your life miserable.)
Come on Phil fight for the right to be the tallest midget! Scim some $ off the gate (not that this has EVER been done!) and pay those lawyers! Who needs $50,000 for computers, books, teachers, education?
SategnaHater

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Sep 17, 2009
hoping for the best wrote:
Satengna Hater... You sound like a disgruntled parent who didn't get their way.. Joe Rasor does not have any idea about how much lawyers cost and should have never made a comment like that. The Satengna's have been working in the Bloomfield School District longer than Mr. Rasor (who left to make more money and is back again for Money not for kids.He Could care less about students and their success)It is not easy dealing with parents and a new generation of kids... 3A or 4A athletes are athletes and they will be successful. You however I am not sure..Keep Praying <quoted text>
"Disgrunted Parent?" You Bet! My kids go to Farmington just to avoid Sategna's. I have no idea about Joe Rasor's comments, I just know lawyers and how much they cost. Why defend Sategna to stay 3A if you say "3A or 4A athletes are athletes and they will be successful."

As far as me being successful, it is not a concern of yours and you can tell what lack of success I have in life if I am responding to idiots like you.
BHS supporter

Grand Junction, CO

#10 Sep 17, 2009
SategnaHater wrote:
<quoted text>

I've seen fantastic things in Bloomfield! The facilities are tops in the state, I know, we've followed our kids to numerous gyms and fields. Sategna has hired some outstanding coaches and thank goodness the bad ones have been sent away. Too bad it wasn't before our daughter had to play for Brian Chavez and Marsha Turpen. There might be some who had won a few games you may say, but that proves Bloomfield isn't all about winning and it does care who is coaching the kids. AS for your complaints about the gate prices, you obviously don't go to many games. NMAA sets those prices and it's the same price all around the county and state. I've asked. I don't call myself a hater and hide behind a computer. Go to the source! You good coaches in Bloomfield, keep up the work! You people that send your kids to Farmington use your time and efforts supporting your kids. We will worry about ours!
SategnaHater

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Sep 17, 2009
"BHS Supporter" I never commented about gate prices.(Your BHS education would not allow you to "see through the lines.")

"I don't call myself a hater and hide behind a computer." What the FREAK are you doing "BLOOMFIELD SUPPORTER."

I like my computer...It makes people, like you, think about stuff.

I haven't said ANYTHING bad about the coaches in Bloomfield! Yes, Sategna has hires some good coaches. If they don't kiss his aze he fires them! Brian Chavez and Marcha are good people, and good coaches, they said bad things about Sategna, THEIR GONE!

"Go to the source." What the hell are you talking about?

I am worried about your kids and having them around the Sategna's. I am trying to bring this to your attention.

Don't worry about me driving to Farmington! Gas prices are down and the Hummer gets at LEAST 8 MPG.
hoping for the best

United States

#12 Sep 17, 2009
Idiot... You sound like the Idiot why do you even care if your own Kids go to Farmington, what business do have in Bloomfield. HAHAHa ..You even sound like some disgusting jerk sitting behind a computer in your underwear and thanks for the confirmation of you being unsuccessful.. those who can do it..do it well ..those who do it the best teach and those who can't do it all complain... there you go ... Thanks for being so hateful :) you make me feel good because I am normal and not obsessive about a person...
SategnaHater wrote:
<quoted text>
"Disgrunted Parent?" You Bet! My kids go to Farmington just to avoid Sategna's. I have no idea about Joe Rasor's comments, I just know lawyers and how much they cost. Why defend Sategna to stay 3A if you say "3A or 4A athletes are athletes and they will be successful."
As far as me being successful, it is not a concern of yours and you can tell what lack of success I have in life if I am responding to idiots like you.
SategnaHater

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Sep 17, 2009
I have business in Bloomfield because I live here! It would/could be a good school for education and athletics, again, but this "obsession" of hate is for the main person I believe has turned one of the most respected schools in the state (15 years ago) to a embarrassment of public schools.

You are caugh up in this hatred also. Your rants are directed at me. All I am doing in choosing to use this form of communication to express an opinion, one, you obviously disagree with.

I am glad I made you feel better. Just like Mr. Sategna, you feels better when he can tear someone down and then believe your "successful" because of it.

There are over 25+ families from Bloomfield (that I know of) have choosen to go to Aztec or Farmington schools, with most of them citing Phil as the MAIN reason. Look at PV's, Aztec's, FHS's athletic teams and you will find more than one "Bloomfield" kid. We all are idiots!

"Disgusting?" Come on, I havn't typed anything to lead you to this conclusion...

PS. Thanks for the underwear! And, I sit in FRONT of the computer.
OH PLEASE

Aztec, NM

#14 Sep 18, 2009
SategnaHater wrote:
I have business in Bloomfield because I live here! It would/could be a good school for education and athletics, again, but this "obsession" of hate is for the main person I believe has turned one of the most respected schools in the state (15 years ago) to a embarrassment of public schools.
You are caugh up in this hatred also. Your rants are directed at me. All I am doing in choosing to use this form of communication to express an opinion, one, you obviously disagree with.
I am glad I made you feel better. Just like Mr. Sategna, you feels better when he can tear someone down and then believe your "successful" because of it.
There are over 25+ families from Bloomfield (that I know of) have choosen to go to Aztec or Farmington schools, with most of them citing Phil as the MAIN reason. Look at PV's, Aztec's, FHS's athletic teams and you will find more than one "Bloomfield" kid. We all are idiots!
"Disgusting?" Come on, I havn't typed anything to lead you to this conclusion...
There are many children that go to Bloomfield that live in Farmington and Aztec Districts as well. My 4 kids are in the Farmington District but because of the wonderful teachers and support from people like JOE RASOR I choose to have my children in Bloomfield and have since they started school.One graduated last year with honors and is now at PENN STATE. Started Bloomfield in Kindergarten. My sophmore is an A student and plays sports. Its not about Sategna its about the teachers and they are awesome.MOst parents that complain about Bloomfield, Farmington, aztec etc. is because they are to busy spreading hatred to get involved in there childs education and be apart of the school to improve the place.
wow

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Sep 18, 2009
SategnaHater wrote:
wow 25 families taking their children to farm.,aztec,etc.. all because of 1 man, thats interesting.(If you cant have your way pull your kids out to another school. good motto."not".) Come on man, really 1 man made you run. People really want to know why and if the 25 families ran for the same reason. Just curious.
SategnaHater

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Sep 18, 2009
OH PLEASE wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many children that go to Bloomfield that live in Farmington and Aztec Districts as well. My 4 kids are in the Farmington District but because of the wonderful teachers and support from people like JOE RASOR I choose to have my children in Bloomfield and have since they started school.One graduated last year with honors and is now at PENN STATE. Started Bloomfield in Kindergarten. My sophmore is an A student and plays sports. Its not about Sategna its about the teachers and they are awesome.MOst parents that complain about Bloomfield, Farmington, aztec etc. is because they are to busy spreading hatred to get involved in there childs education and be apart of the school to improve the place.
I respect your opinion! I believe you. Joe's a good guy. I know him well, and I agree there are great teachers in Bloomfield.

I am involved in my childrens education. That is why I made the decision to send them to Farmington! I am just tired of the way PS "controls" everything. If a coach disagrees, your fired. If a kid doesn't kiss aze, they won't play. If a kid has bad grades, he can take care of that (as long as there is some aze kissin). It's wrong!

Be proud of your kids! Penn State - GREAT! Go Nittany Lions (former student myself.)

My ranting and hatred, as I have said before, is not about Bloomfield Schools. It is about the family that has embarrassed the school and the community. Once, very well respected (and deserved) but now Phil is a fool. Laughed at by MANY around the state. Call the NMAA and mention his name and they LAUGH! Call the State Dept and they say, "shit, what did Phil or Jeannie do NOW?" Talk to ANY AD around here and (off the record) they will tell you what I am telling you, "he's embarrassing BHS!" - Please retire P Sategna....
farmboy

United States

#17 Sep 18, 2009
I can't believe one man and one woman forced you out of bloomfield!!! wow!!! they are more powerful than god? not even close.

I think you took your kids elsewhere because reality set in and all that pumping them on how good they are since they were kids finally got to them. don't worry your not the only parent that does that.
SategnaHater

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Sep 18, 2009
local: F-towner: Whut: Wow:

Not sure who I am responding to (your ip-address says you're the same person).

I can sight many examples of how "one 'man'" can hurt so many people and I would think that others will chime in...but let me start by just referencing one example. If I get into "he said - she said" it does not work.

Call the NMAA and ask them what they investigated and concluded when they looked in to how Mr. Sategna treated a former student. The NMAA fined Sategna for his conduct!(I've always wondered if he paid the $ fine or did BHS?) Slander, deceit, lies, defamation, malice, he is capable, and has PROVEN, he will do what he can to "get his way."

If he, or J, does not like you (and he does not like me) he will take it out on your kids! There is PROOF! Now, I could go into 25+ other reasons, but you will trash them as "he said - she said."

"If you cant have your way pull your kids out to another school." Unfortunately for me and my kids, I had no other choice! J and P Sategna hate me so the hatred spreads to my kids. This is "common." It's sad that they have to be this way, for this, my hatred was spawn. I can tell you the Sategna's actually TOLD the coach NOT to play my kid! "He said - she said" Don't believe me, believe the NMAA and the other parents!

I hope others will respond.
SategnaHater

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Sep 18, 2009
Thanks farmboy for the family psychology.

I was not going to put my kids in this environment where the hatred was toward me and taken out on my kids!

Don't feel sorry for me. We enjoy Farmington Schools, it's unfortunate we "couldn't" go to Bloomfield.

"god" no, "satin,"- maybe a little.
farmboy

United States

#20 Sep 18, 2009
All I can say is when Sategna came back as Ad, the facilities have been improved, for the benefit of student-athletes and for fans. you tell me where in SJC an AD will work his tail off like him?

If you have beef thats your own deal, at least he cares and is trying to put Bloomfield in the right classification.

i know alot of people that don't like him and i've yet to see him or her take it out on their kids. people get jealous for many reasons, I have seen past AD's here in bloomfield do NOTHING for athletics.
wow

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Sep 18, 2009
SategnaHater wrote:
local: F-towner: Whut: Wow:
Not sure who I am responding to (your ip-address says you're the same person).
I can sight many examples of how "one 'man'" can hurt so many people and I would think that others will chime in...but let me start by just referencing one example. If I get into "he said - she said" it does not work.
Call the NMAA and ask them what they investigated and concluded when they looked in to how Mr. Sategna treated a former student. The NMAA fined Sategna for his conduct!(I've always wondered if he paid the $ fine or did BHS?) Slander, deceit, lies, defamation, malice, he is capable, and has PROVEN, he will do what he can to "get his way."
If he, or J, does not like you (and he does not like me) he will take it out on your kids! There is PROOF! Now, I could go into 25+ other reasons, but you will trash them as "he said - she said."
"If you cant have your way pull your kids out to another school." Unfortunately for me and my kids, I had no other choice! J and P Sategna hate me so the hatred spreads to my kids. This is "common." It's sad that they have to be this way, for this, my hatred was spawn. I can tell you the Sategna's actually TOLD the coach NOT to play my kid! "He said - she said" Don't believe me, believe the NMAA and the other parents!
I hope others will respond.
all i know is if my child could not play as well as others, you better believe we would be practicing trying harder and not blamming other people for his mistakes on the field!! I and the other 200+ families, that have children in sports in Bloomfield would not RUN. All that teaches a child is to hide from his or her fears. Children today need to face the music,(if your not cut out to play your not cut out to play.) And most of all these 2 people can not run the schools like you make it out. And if the accusations that you claim are true, why are they still employeed in Bloomfield Schools, and have been for 30+ years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) 10 hr Richies Cool Man ... 736
Redburn tires Sun Jack Harry 1
News DMV experience a painful one (Oct '10) Jul 19 Hush Money MVD 84
News County's justice system corrupt (Oct '10) Jul 8 the victim 52
News NM bill outlaws smoking in vehicles with kids (Feb '09) Jun '17 sadeyes982003 362
News Young male drowns in Farmington Lake (Aug '08) Jun '17 Tim 36
News Woman pleads to murder for role in drunken fight (May '09) Jun '17 Tim 54

Bloomfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bloomfield Mortgages