Boat House Wine Company
OKAY

Saint Louis, MO

#43 Nov 14, 2010
looks like it would be a nice place
No Class

Saint Louis, MO

#44 Feb 24, 2011
This place is not for anyone wanting to relax, have a drink and talk with friends. The music is too loud and you have to yell for your friends to hear you talk. The place is really looking trashy with the chat parking lot in the front of the building, trash along the road and the new RV Park across the road. Not cool. Just call it what it is, a Roadhouse. And, before anyone says anything, I will not be back and I do have the right to state my opinion. People do not read the comments to only hear the good but they want to know about the bad too.

Saint Louis, MO

#45 Feb 24, 2011
I completely agree. I was extremely disappointed in the experience and won't be going back either. The food was terrible not to mention overpriced and the wine was a joke. The owner was obnoxious and was overly touchy with a group of underage girls who were so intoxicated that one of them was unable to walk to the restroom without assistance. Not impressed at all.
robert

Saint Louis, MO

#46 Feb 26, 2011
the worst place to go to have a good time! the owner is a nasty perv and flirts with every girl that walks by no matter what age. he sure likes to serve those minors alcohol too! but only if there's a small crowd so he can have people staying there to buy his nasty wine. if there's a big crowd he won't serve the underage people I guess because he has plenty of other service. the wine is disgusting and everything there is WAY overpriced. not a fun place and will NOT be going back. learn how to maintain a business and treat every customer the same. dumb ass rednecks.
What a Joke

Iola, KS

#47 Mar 21, 2011
This place is simply a bar. Music that is way too Loud (and not too good) and the service is terrible. Too many underage kids hanging around this place. It appears other unlawful activity is going on there too. I would be afraid of getting arrested for something I did not do at this place. Guilty by association? Not for me!
Guest 46

United States

#48 Mar 29, 2011
I was planning on making a visit to the Boathouse. I was wanting more information. What kind of wines do they serve and what foods do they serve?
window unit

Chicago, IL

#49 Mar 29, 2011
Guest 46 wrote:
I was planning on making a visit to the Boathouse. I was wanting more information. What kind of wines do they serve and what foods do they serve?
I believe mostly really good sandwiches. Turkey, ham, club, BLT, wings, few pizza choices. Few apitizes(sp). They have few dry red wines. And few sweet white and red wines. Most if not all are grown and bottled in St. Gen, Missouri. I believe the most popular beer choices(bottled) haven't been this year could be Diffrent now? It great when I went last year, around 3 times.! Oh and have a nice deck over looking the pond and most weekends there's live music.
conflict

Saint Louis, MO

#50 Apr 8, 2011
winery = Lorrie Morgan?

bar & grill = Lorrie Morgan??
Pilot

Jonesboro, LA

#51 Feb 10, 2013
This place is not a winery or even a wine house. A winery does not allow smoking indoors. They are usually a little more upscale than the Boat House. It is a bar. Just a bar in the woods. Of course there is a crowd on weekends, those who drink and smoke will always find these places. The food was ok, over priced and not hot when we got it. Waitresses seemed over whelmed, maybe should of had more help. I think they will make it, most bars do. Would go back if they didn't allow smoking indoors. Good luck to them.
Word through the

East Saint Louis, IL

#52 Mar 9, 2013
Grapevine Is the boathouse may have a new owner soon.
Newbies

United States

#53 Mar 21, 2013
I heard that too from a distributor anyone know who the new owner is & y is he selling?

Sikeston, MO

#54 Mar 24, 2013
I watched a decent fight there last night, seems to be the norm anymore though.
drama

Malden, MO

#55 Mar 27, 2013
Is there a place to go and have a glass of wine? Just to relax and no drama?
bloomfield

Sikeston, MO

#56 Mar 27, 2013
I wouldn't go to the boathouse, it is nothing more than an bar and you have to watch out for the fights anymore

Jackson, MO

#57 Apr 3, 2013
Newbies wrote:
I heard that too from a distributor anyone know who the new owner is & y is he selling?
I actually know who it is. you will see. I know they have big plans.

United States

#58 Apr 3, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>I actually know who it is. you will see. I know they have big plans.
I hope his plans are not the same as the owner now... Trying out a new girl every chance he gets!

Sikeston, MO

#59 Apr 7, 2013
So now you can go to church and have a beer at the same time. Wow!
old wildcat

Sikeston, MO

#60 Apr 7, 2013
You act surprised! It's seems a full rotation from stripper pole to church. Now if you drink to much while at church and get pulled over? Is it forgiven by the police?
topia
#61 Apr 9, 2013
Do blacks patron this place? Or is it for members only.
old wildcat

Saint Louis, MO

#62 Apr 9, 2013
topia wrote:
Do blacks patron this place? Or is it for members only.
It is not a members only. Just drunks only!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deadbeats 7 min Lee 3
Well hung Dexter guys 18 min Big Daddy 8
jamie swann 50 min killa 1
where is Ray Western (Feb '16) 1 hr killa 2
Thomas w. Lee (May '16) 1 hr shannon masterson 7
Gary parr (Sep '10) 1 hr shannon masterson 37
Method dealer the call Red (Jul '16) 2 hr Blm 5

Bloomfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance