Interested

Saint Charles, MO

#21 Aug 16, 2010
Do you have to make reservations or can anyone just show up?
First Visit

Wardell, MO

#22 Sep 5, 2010
A group of us went to the Boat House last night and we loved it. The food was great and the atmosphere was wonderful. You didn't have to worry about people getting loud, cussing and trying to start fights and things. Entertainment was good as well. We will definitely go back. No, you do not have to make reservations but if you don't get there early you might need to bring a lawn chair. They have plenty of seating but it was pretty full last night. I loved sitting on the deck area by the water. The waitresses are great, as well. If you are into this kind of thing you need to try it.
Frisco

Cape Girardeau, MO

#23 Sep 5, 2010
Well I guess I'm not supposed to voice an opinion, since it is a negative one. In defence of them, this was the first hog roast they had, so you can give them some credit. We got there around 2 and was told we could eat pulled pork at 4. Food wasn't ready until 5. Ate, and the pork was way over done. Should have pulled it off at 4 like they said. Was there 3 hours and bill was over $140.00 for 4 people. Friendly people, good waitress's nice place, lots of dirt, but it has been a bad summer. all in all I'll go back, They do a good job. We will go back. I'd not call it a winery, more of an outdoor bar. They sell more beer than wine, and they don't do their own wine. Gravel road, but all in all, we will go back. Kinda weird, most wineries I've gone to are afternoon things. This is definatly a night thing. Maybe 20 people there until 5:00 then they started coming in. Didn't know.........
Disappointed

Dexter, MO

#24 Sep 6, 2010
Ate at the Boat House Sat., 9-4-10. Had 5 sandwiches on paper plates with a few stale chips, 4 sodas, a shrimp cocktail and some burchetta. Chicken salad sandwiches with no chicken, only mayo, sweet pickles and a piece of tough lettuce. Cheese on burchetta not even melted.$65.00. Yuck-o!

Germany

#26 Sep 12, 2010
This post would be funny if it was not true. I also notice a bunch of want a be big shots there who would not step foot in a regular bar. Why do they call it a winery, they do not make wine there?

Maybe i can build a water park. Come see me for $50 I will spray you down in my backyard with a hose.
Rev Billy wrote:
Been there and kind of nice but not worth the drive. It struck me as a place for the "Church" people to go drink, but not feel guilty.
There were also some regular snobs who think since this guy's backyard is a long drive and expensive, it must be better than a regular bar??????
Buzzed

Lebanon, MO

#27 Sep 15, 2010
I hear there is a Red Lobster planned for Advance. Well it is fried crawdad behind a good ole boy's double wide.
Like the place

Butler, AL

#28 Sep 20, 2010
We really enjoy the Boathouse. It has never claimed to be a winery; it is a wine company. Food is good, waitresses are good, music is good. I hope they stay open as long as possible into the winter.
Paul Masson

Södertälje, Sweden

#29 Sep 21, 2010
It is a guys back yard (fairly nice) in the middle of nowhere, of course it will not make it. This town does not support legitimate business in town, this place has already had its 15 minutes of fame.
just me

Dexter, MO

#30 Sep 26, 2010
This place NEVER has claimed to be a WINERY!!! It is a Wine Company! Just like a wine bar or whatever! If you dont like it dont go back this place is packed out everytime I go I dont think they are hurting for business! They where telling me they plan on building on but not while its so busy outside the construction would just be a mess. If you really read the labels on all these other winerys for example INDIAN HILLS.... they buy wine from Crown valley FYI! I know that for a fact not all their wine but some of it!
Like it

Saint Louis, MO

#31 Sep 27, 2010
Love the BoatHouse. I actually don't go there for the wine. I love their food, especially the salads. In fact, everything I have had is good. Sometimes the kitchen is slow but that's only happened a couple of times. It's a pretty place to relax and enjoy a nice meal.
Pete North

Malden, MO

#32 Oct 1, 2010
Does Briney and russ go to the Winery. Does Lisa meet either one of them there. Has Lisa come home with chiggers. Has briney or russ ever come home with ticks. THings to think about out at the winery
wine company

Dexter, MO

#33 Oct 1, 2010
i havent seen the first grape and where do they mfg there wine haha and 5 beers for 12.00 get real people ..........come out to my house ill give you a bucket of beer for 12.00
Well

Wardell, MO

#34 Oct 2, 2010
Why do people have to be so negative? Here we have a man with a legitimate business working to make a living. That's more than you can say for a lot of people in this area. If you don't like it, don't go back. But, don't get on here bashing someone who actually WORKS and provides jobs for people in this area. No business can please everybody. If it doesn't please you then move on to somewhere else. And, before anyone says it......no, I do not know the owner nor am I affiliated with him or his business in any way.
Paul Drake

Contern, Luxembourg

#35 Oct 2, 2010
Over Priced, Terrible Location, Food Quality mediocre at best, service slow if any number of customers are there..... Good Luck.
Well

Wardell, MO

#36 Oct 2, 2010
well, I thought the food was good, the price was decent and I love the location because it is out in the "woods" away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. There were a LOT of customers there and we got served just fine. So, don't go back, Mr. Drake.
Jimmi

Cape Girardeau, MO

#38 Oct 3, 2010
Guest wrote:
"hustle and bustle" lol. Are U talking about the hustle of chasing an escaped cow or the bustle of working an extra hour at sonic?
I moved her from St Louis to be closer to my son and this area has some positive things but it has NO hustle and bustle.
Did try the Wine co and must agree the service was terrible and food just average.
Well, you can hustle you cow ass back to St. Louis. I woundn't trade any place like this for the headaches and "bustle" of that hell hole St. Louis. If it wasn't for the Cards, I'd never grace that sespool again.
been there done that

Wentzville, MO

#39 Oct 30, 2010
Well wrote:
Why do people have to be so negative? Here we have a man with a legitimate business working to make a living. That's more than you can say for a lot of people in this area. If you don't like it, don't go back. But, don't get on here bashing someone who actually WORKS and provides jobs for people in this area. No business can please everybody. If it doesn't please you then move on to somewhere else. And, before anyone says it......no, I do not know the owner nor am I affiliated with him or his business in any way.
typical Crowleys Ridge BS an the ones that are complaining are the ones that are in osterich mode when you get a businesss that does good an produces good tax revenue for your county an schools you shun it just typical Bloomfiled mafia history. Because you cant control it.
been there done that

Wentzville, MO

#40 Oct 30, 2010
Paul Drake wrote:
Over Priced, Terrible Location, Food Quality mediocre at best, service slow if any number of customers are there..... Good Luck.
Its not over looking the Mighty Muddy or the vineyards od St.Gen its overlooking Crowleys Ridge except that you have to start somewhere an most dont want it there because they cant control it. good job Craig,David an tom keep up the good work.
outside looking in

Wentzville, MO

#41 Oct 30, 2010
Im so looking forward to the new shuttle service that several Attorneys are planning on putting into place for the drunks to travel safely to an from points throughout the semo area an the boathouse is on that stopping list along with several bars in your area an think of the outside dollars that will come into your area from outside your area............Think instead of hat rackin
been there

Florissant, MO

#42 Nov 14, 2010
nice bar and grill.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Charles Bland Award has been made worthless (Nov '13) 8 min guest 22
- end of the Word game - (Jul '11) 9 min Spirit67 2,831
Two words-last lettet of last word game (Sep '13) 17 min Spirit67 1,423
* The ALPHABET Game * (Jul '11) 1 hr Madison in TN 4,200
How did chad steverson die? :( 2 hr guest 8
music game (Sep '09) 2 hr Spirit67 6,208
Wuz tang clan at sonnys 3 hr Skimmilk 1
Bloomfield Dating
Find my Match

Bloomfield Jobs