Boat House Wine Company
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Wondering

Malden, MO

#1 Jun 29, 2010
Was just wondering what everyone's opinion is on the new Boathouse Wine compnay?
Otis my man

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jun 29, 2010
I like it. The food is excellant. Plus, my wife likes the wine and I prefer beer. Most winery's don't offer beer as an option. Boathouse does.
Nothingbutgoodth ings

Cape Girardeau, MO

#3 Jun 29, 2010
I've heard nothing but good reviews come from my friends and can't wait til I have this baby to enjoy the wine myself! Dave and Craig Duncan and Jason Bollinger are good people!
New Cape Fan

Cape Girardeau, MO

#4 Jun 29, 2010
was there Saturday, and, from what I was told, was their biggest croud ever. It did take a long time to get any food, but the staff worked their butts off. Hot, hot, hot. If they continue to have huge turnouts like this, they will have to build on. Paving that gravel road would be nice. Love them stoddard county gravel roads. All in all, good crowd, they have beer, and good place. I'll go back.
Wondering

Malden, MO

#5 Jun 30, 2010
I've been out there several times. The food is great and adding beer to the menu was a plus. But everytime I go out there that Josh and Maggott is playing. They need some more lively entertainment with a dance floor. We thought we was going to get to hear that Elvis guy sing but I heard Josh and Maggott would not let him so we left around 7:30 disapointed. The entertainment is my biggest complaint, everything else was a plus.
Been There Too

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jun 30, 2010
Wondering wrote:
I've been out there several times. The food is great and adding beer to the menu was a plus. But everytime I go out there that Josh and Maggott is playing. They need some more lively entertainment with a dance floor. We thought we was going to get to hear that Elvis guy sing but I heard Josh and Maggott would not let him so we left around 7:30 disapointed. The entertainment is my biggest complaint, everything else was a plus.
I've been to the winery a few times and have always found the entertainment to be just fine. It sounds like you may have a personal dislike for Josh and his partner, why else would you resort to name calling?
New Cape Fan

Cape Girardeau, MO

#7 Jun 30, 2010
Wondering wrote:
Not sure what wineries you go to, but it's usually kinda mello and low key. If you want dancing, go to Charlie Browns in Advance. If you'd like to let me know your name. I'll show you where maggotts are going to land. In your open wounds on your face. She's a good teenage girl from a good family. Looked to me most everyone enjoyed thier entertainment. Please give me your name.

Maryland Heights, MO

#8 Jul 1, 2010
Nothingbutgoodthings wrote:
I've heard nothing but good reviews come from my friends and can't wait til I have this baby to enjoy the wine myself! Dave and Craig Duncan and Jason Bollinger are good people!
Craig Duncan is a womanizing pig!!! He uses women and then throws them to the side like they are nothing, if you go to the winery don't let his charm take you over, it's all a front!
would like to know

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jul 2, 2010
where is this winery located at?
Semo

Cape Girardeau, MO

#10 Jul 2, 2010
would like to know wrote:
Google it. they have a map.
otis my man

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Jul 3, 2010
would like to know wrote:
Go to Aquilla, go West on M. Follow M for about 3-4 miles the turn North on BB. Follow BB about 3-4 miles and take a right on the Co. Rd.(can't remember the number). There are Boat House signs to mark the road. Be careful, the road (and the wine) sneaks up on you.
The Dude

Carmi, IL

#12 Jul 3, 2010
The boat house is fun. I don't know if I'd call it a winery though.

Their wine is made in Ste. Genevieve and I didn't see any grapes growing out there.

More like a bar in my opinion.
alley cat

Chagrin Falls, OH

#13 Jul 20, 2010
Exactly! It is not a winery. It is a place that sells wine like a lot of other bars. And a true winery does not sell beer; why would they?
Wino

Dallas, TX

#14 Jul 22, 2010
I love the place do your research on wineries most in this area don't make all their own wine either. I know Indian hills and commerce both have wine made in saint gen. They do make some of Their own but what's the point If their wine is really good who cares where it's from. Far as music I have seen tons of different singers there Josh and Maggie are some of our favorites. As far as the Elvis guy he just made a fool of his self what a retard worst wanna be Elvis I ever seen in my life. This place is gonna be a huge hit they where telling me Sunday they already have plans to expand over the winter. Oh and I spoke with some people from mid-life crisis and they loved the place ! They are all very successful well known people and say they will play there again!
The Dude

Chicago, IL

#15 Jul 22, 2010
Wino--River Ridge wines are made and bottled in Commerce. From grapes grown onsite and throughout SE Missouri Stop by and talk to Jerry. He'll show you.

For the record, I "researched" the shit out of that place both as a customer and as an employee.
Wino

United States

#16 Jul 22, 2010
Jerry has bought some wine from chamette however you spell it. Owners name is Hank he makes wine for wineries. I never said they didn't make their wine but they have bought wine from other wineries. Either way they don't call themselves a winery they are a wine Co. They tell everyone where the wine comes from not like they hide it. Big plus they sell regular beer bud light and stuff
Hungry Guest

Dexter, MO

#17 Jul 29, 2010
What kind of items do they have on the menu there?
opinion

United States

#18 Jul 29, 2010
seems like a good place to have fun to me.

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Jul 30, 2010
The menu is very limited, overpriced and not very good. I can have turkey sandwiches and Boone's Farm at home for 1/4 the price. Not impressed.
Karen

Morley, MO

#20 Aug 4, 2010
Simple Solution:

if you visit and don't like it then don't go back and quit badmouthing it so others may never try it.
if you visit and do like then leave comment and go back.

Everyone is different so give everyone a chance....not everyone that goes to a place like this are drinkers and so forth, I have been a couple times with friends and really enjoyed myself, it is so peaceful out there, I do not drink alcoholic beverages but they have very good iced tea and the atmosphere was wonderful. I do not have a problem with the food choices or prices, but then again everyone is different. It is close to home, peaceful and a wonderful atmosphere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cracker jack boxes lost there mind presently 48 min Guest 5
darren 2 hr Snowowl 1
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 2 hr Fairydust 18,882
Democrats put Illegals ahead of Americans 2 hr Guest 74
Southern hospitality 3 hr Robertelee 35
Name something you crave (Jul '15) 4 hr So_da_lish_us 759
- end of the Word game - (Jul '11) 4 hr So_da_lish_us 4,646

Bloomfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance