Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,790

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#63754 Jul 19, 2012
@Una.. I believe that is a different Big Stevie. Good Day.
qwerty

Pelion, SC

#63755 Jul 19, 2012
If you're a typical bird you're at your most comfortable when you're in situations that you can control, yet during the coming fortnight you'll be encouraged to throw yourself into new situations and uncharted waters in which the outcome is far from certain. But don't worry because this will be an exhilarating and educational experience, and it will add greater depth and insight to your personality.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#63765 Jul 19, 2012
They need to keep taking those UNWANTED copy and paste things off the bird thread. I'm sure they will.
qwerty

Pelion, SC

#63766 Jul 19, 2012
You really enjoy putting your bird through its paces today, especially if you choose an bird pursuit. But don't be surprised if it's difficult to tear yourself away from it! It's great for trying your hand at a crossword puzzle or competition. You could also enjoy getting caught up in a detective story, whether it's in a book or on film.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#63767 Jul 19, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
Whoa, a double post, that proves cyber electronics are still not perfected.
Not exactly Humpaburn. I means you are not giving it time to post and clicking the post area twice. Topix is kind of slow sometimes. Do you have an exciting day lined up, Humpaburn?
qwerty

Pelion, SC

#63769 Jul 19, 2012
they got me in trouble again

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#63771 Jul 19, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope so Roaming. It's worthless spam. Ol' FakeBeliever got one of her questions to me deleted before I could answer it. The Queen of copy and paste didn't even know her hateful post was gone. She thinks they aren't deleting her crap. LOL.
I guess they are trying to get rid of the "reports" on earthquakes and weather that have nothing to do with any birds. They talk about us being trolls here, I think not.

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#63772 Jul 19, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
A full barrell 'seconds" are sold north of london near pittsburg at a barrell mnufter. I paid 50 for on in good shape and cut it lengthwise after about 200 screws thru the bands and ends to make a herb garden with them stacked with the one in the rear slightly elevated above the one in front, stuck a wagon wheel behind it and worked out awesome, but cutting a barrell lengthwise is likely more work than most want to put into one.
BE CAREFUL!! A friend of mine got his FACE blown off last year, while attempting to cut the top off a metal barrell. Suggest filling the barrell with water beore cutting on it. Also, a concrete saw is an amazing tool when cutting metal or plastic, and is MUCH faster than a torch.
qwerty

Pelion, SC

#63774 Jul 19, 2012
There's a New Moon today and it's encouraging you to talk about whatever is uppermost in your mind at the moment. Rather than keep your thoughts to yourself it will be far more productive to discuss them either with the people concerned or with anyone who can help you to marshal your thoughts. You might be taking more short journeys than usual during the rest of July.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#63775 Jul 19, 2012
<<<Yawning>> >>

Good afternoon all! It's a beautiful day in KY. What are your plans for the wonderful (and so far sunny) one?

Thanks for the information on that barrel, AW. And also Rattlesnake! I'm kind of partial to my face, wrinkles and all... It's the only one I've got and I'd prefer to keep it where the good Lord put it...
abc

Owensboro, KY

#63776 Jul 19, 2012
Speaking of birds, A Good Year, possibly The Good Year, with Steve Martin, Owen Wilson, and Jack Black is worth watching.

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#63777 Jul 19, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<<<Yawning>> >>
Good afternoon all! It's a beautiful day in KY. What are your plans for the wonderful (and so far sunny) one?
Thanks for the information on that barrel, AW. And also Rattlesnake! I'm kind of partial to my face, wrinkles and all... It's the only one I've got and I'd prefer to keep it where the good Lord put it...
Fortunately, the Good Lord supplied the necessary means to reattach his face, as He did to remove it.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#63778 Jul 19, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Fortunately, the Good Lord supplied the necessary means to reattach his face
Wow, that's good to hear!

I am really in the market for a couple wooden barrels though. I guess plastic will have to do eventually if I'm not able to locate one or two pretty soon... I'd just like to keep it 'rustic' here. I like the eye appeal if I can have it, as well a the functionality. There is a place here which sells plastic ones. Empty soda syrup barrels. That might be my only option. Perhaps I could paint them with some Krylon and a base coat to make them less garish. Seems that both the colors blue and white are the norm....

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#63779 Jul 19, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text> I guess they are trying to get rid of the "reports" on earthquakes and weather that have nothing to do with any birds. They talk about us being trolls here, I think not.
I think that is true. It's totally worthless. Who really cares about what's going on in Japan and other off the wall places. Japan is just getting payback for Pearl Harbor. A few years ago a carload of Japanese stopped and asked an elderly man here in town where Sumitomo was located. Being a WWll vet he told them; You SOB's find it yourselves, you didn't have any trouble finding Pearl Harbor. True story.

It has already been proven that you and I were commenting on this topic, long before this bunch of trolls were.

People that use copy & paste articles show their lack of knowlege. I wish the publishers of articles would copyright them. They would get rich suing dumbarses on this topic alone.

“Take no prisoners”

Since: Jan 11

Eddyville, KY

#63780 Jul 19, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text> I guess they are trying to get rid of the "reports" on earthquakes and weather that have nothing to do with any birds. They talk about us being trolls here, I think not.
You are sadly mistaken about the earthquakes not being related to the bird deaths. If you had been around this thread long enough, you would understand the connection.
Bird Killer

London, KY

#63781 Jul 19, 2012
If I wanted world news I would turn on CNN Sir.
But if you try to tell them that they team up on you and cuss you out.

“Take no prisoners”

Eddyville, KY

#63784 Jul 19, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text> Who really cares about what's going on in Japan and other off the wall places.
Plenty of people do, you presumptious turdlicker.

When someone does research related to a topic we are discussing, and they want to share that information, the best way is to copy and paste. This is the information superhighway. Copying and pasting doesn't show a lack of intelligence, but not ending a question with a question mark does...Dumbass
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#63788 Jul 19, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>BE CAREFUL!! A friend of mine got his FACE blown off last year, while attempting to cut the top off a metal barrell. Suggest filling the barrell with water beore cutting on it. Also, a concrete saw is an amazing tool when cutting metal or plastic, and is MUCH faster than a torch.
Pete, your advice is well taken and good advice. I may be wrong, but I believe that Hempburn was talking about cutting a wooden barrel since he referenced cutting bands and removing screws. When I am cutting thinner metal such as a barrel, I prefer using a SAWZall with a metal cutting blade simply beause I have one and interchanging from wood to metal blades is quick. It is a slower cut than a cocrete saw though, but few people own concrete saws unless they are in the business and it is not economical to rent a concrete saw for a small project.

A skill saw with a metal cutting carbide blade will work well also. I rarely need to cut anything that would require a torch. If cutting sheet metal such as metal roofing, one can use a skill saw with a normal wood cutting blade installed on the saw backwards.

Your advice would also apply to anyone trying to weld an old automobile gas tank. I know of one that exploded that had been empty for over 20 years.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#63806 Jul 19, 2012
LSD923 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sadly mistaken about the earthquakes not being related to the bird deaths. If you had been around this thread long enough, you would understand the connection.
I've been "around this thread" for YEARS. Doesn't seem like you've been here long. And, don't try being a scientist. You're not. You listen to the MEDIA and think that what THEY say is right. It's not. Get over yourself.

“Take no prisoners”

Eddyville, KY

#63808 Jul 19, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>I've been "around this thread" for YEARS. Doesn't seem like you've been here long. And, don't try being a scientist. You're not. You listen to the MEDIA and think that what THEY say is right. It's not. Get over yourself.
I've been on this thread since about page 250 (2 months after it sarted). I'm not trying to be a scientist, but I did research what the scientists have said about the possible causes for all the mass bird and fish deaths. What you say makes no sense. The "media" isn't taling about this subject...numbnuts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
taco bell drive thru girl 23 min Mild Sauce 1
what happened to schoonie? 50 min ame 6
abundant life christian daycare (Mar '11) 54 min tjtsj 45
marie (Apr '14) 57 min name 31
looking for some friends 2 hr austin 3
mustard 14 hr terms 15
michael joseph/shelby dye 15 hr Just asking 9

Flood Warning for Nelson County was issued at March 02 at 3:51AM EST

Bloomfield Dating
Find my Match