Inmate apparently died of methadone o...

Inmate apparently died of methadone overdose

There are 20 comments on the Fort Wayne News Sentinel story from Oct 11, 2006, titled Inmate apparently died of methadone overdose. In it, Fort Wayne News Sentinel reports that:

An 18-year-old man who died after falling ill at the Greene County Jail apparently overdosed on methadone, a deputy coroner said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fort Wayne News Sentinel.

ash

United States

#1 Oct 30, 2006
I think you guys need to take this stuff out of the news papers this information only makes the ones who love him sad. You have no right!
TMiller

Columbus, IN

#2 Oct 31, 2006
First, why was he in jail? Second, he did it to himself, and it is news.
ash wrote:
I think you guys need to take this stuff out of the news papers this information only makes the ones who love him sad. You have no right!
Ashley

Grand Haven, MI

#3 Nov 22, 2006
Why do people practically break their neck to gossip about the deaths of others. For Goodness sake, the man is dead, let him rest in peace!!!!!
Jerry Garcia

Portland, OR

#4 Nov 22, 2006
Wrong it is a matter of public record.And hopefully somone will read this and realize one dose,possibly your first, of methadone, can kill you.He did not appear to be a non-violent drug user either.He had firearms,shurikens,and a history of drunkeness.Methadone/oxycontin ,both should be outlawed,Medical Marijuana makes a lot more sense. No one has ever died or fatal overdosed from inhalation or ingestion of Marijuana.If this kid had been using Marijuana he would still be alive.
ash wrote:
sos

United States

#5 Dec 14, 2006
i think shit like this give methadone a bad name it does help alot of people its the people who want to take methadone and everything else.
some people need to stop judgeing on god could judge .what do you think about that fool
sos

United States

#6 Dec 14, 2006
ONLY GOD COULD JUDGE..........
sos

United States

#7 Dec 14, 2006
JERRY GARCIA THATS YOUR OPINION.JUST YOURS ESE

Since: Dec 06

GREEN LANE, PA

#8 Dec 22, 2006
Jerry Garcia wrote:
Wrong it is a matter of public record.And hopefully somone will read this and realize one dose,possibly your first, of methadone, can kill you.He did not appear to be a non-violent drug user either.He had firearms,shurikens,and a history of drunkeness.Methadone/oxycontin ,both should be outlawed,Medical Marijuana makes a lot more sense. No one has ever died or fatal overdosed from inhalation or ingestion of Marijuana.If this kid had been using Marijuana he would still be alive.<quoted text>
How could u say those things should be "outlawed". They do help people. Don't blame the drug, blame the drug abuser. And marijuana.......if I remember correctly, it's illegal.
crystal

Midland, MI

#9 Jan 10, 2007
as a prescribed methadone patient i agree blame the addict not the drug methadone saved my life and helped me get my family back.
crystal

Midland, MI

#10 Jan 10, 2007
if taken properly no one would die i abused loratabs took 30 a day now i take 2 methadones a day and my pain is fine

GREEN LANE, PA

#11 Jan 17, 2007
crystal wrote:
if taken properly no one would die i abused loratabs took 30 a day now i take 2 methadones a day and my pain is fine
You are absolutely right crystal. some people just don't get the "if taken properly" bit. Abuse it, then lose it, and that may be your life. At least you are doing it correctly crys.
John

River Falls, WI

#12 Jan 24, 2007
I really don't understand where you people think if taken properly it'll help? I am an ex-addict, and as an addict I know that there is no such thing as to take properly. Come addicts of the world lets get a clue, and quite trying to make excuses for our problems. Drugs no let me say I tried to ruin my own life doing drugs, not the drugs they have no clue who we are, or what we do. I get sick of hearing addicts blaming the drugs, take a look in the mirror, then you'll find out who to blame.

GREEN LANE, PA

#13 Jan 24, 2007
John wrote:
I really don't understand where you people think if taken properly it'll help? I am an ex-addict, and as an addict I know that there is no such thing as to take properly. Come addicts of the world lets get a clue, and quite trying to make excuses for our problems. Drugs no let me say I tried to ruin my own life doing drugs, not the drugs they have no clue who we are, or what we do. I get sick of hearing addicts blaming the drugs, take a look in the mirror, then you'll find out who to blame.
John, addicts should not make excuses, they SHOULD blame themselves. Don't know who you are referring to on your post. I'm goin to say again, if taken properly, they do work, I'm an ex methadone user and I took it as supposed to and I did it successfully. It did work. The addict you refer to who does not take it properly, it NOT trying to help themselves, they are just abusing what they get their hands on. There is a difference between people. Those who want help, get it and DO IT. and those who just keep playing their pitiful game.
safe

United States

#14 May 31, 2007
Most of these people who approve of meth sucicide in jails are greene county deputies.
safe

United States

#15 May 31, 2007
pattibailey wrote:
<quoted text>
John, addicts should not make excuses, they SHOULD blame themselves. Don't know who you are referring to on your post. I'm goin to say again, if taken properly, they do work, I'm an ex methadone user and I took it as supposed to and I did it successfully. It did work. The addict you refer to who does not take it properly, it NOT trying to help themselves, they are just abusing what they get their hands on. There is a difference between people. Those who want help, get it and DO IT. and those who just keep playing their pitiful game.
There isn't anything ex to an addict.

GREEN LANE, PA

#16 Oct 21, 2007
safe wrote:
<quoted text>There isn't anything ex to an addict.
WRONG. If you do finally quit something FOR GOOD, you sure can refer to that as ex addict, just like ex smoker, etc.
bkbcwm

River Falls, WI

#17 Oct 23, 2007
first off he was in jail on a traffic related charge.and second if you dont know the whole story then keep your negative comments to yourself a--hole.he told the jail he needed to go to the hospital and they refused to take him.so who did to him prick.
HootyHoot

United States

#18 Jan 10, 2008
The story is about methadone not methamphetamine.

Methadone is used for both pain and opiate addiction.

The reason it works so well is why it is so dangerous for both groups is the long half life; methadone works on pain receptors that morphine and most other opioids do not effect, due to this it is a good choice for nerve pain.

Most informed chronic pain patients know that methadone will kill you before you ever get any buzz from it.

When people want to ban something they do not understand it shows a lack of understanding about the subject at hand.

Any early death is sad but if those who are interested in the truth will find out that about 300 people a day die from bleeding and other reasons while using Advil and the other over the counter NSAIDS.

Chronic pain kills, medication can restore life to those who use their opiates correctly.
bkbcwm

Sullivan, IN

#19 Jan 21, 2008
sos wrote:
i think shit like this give methadone a bad name it does help alot of people its the people who want to take methadone and everything else.
some people need to stop judgeing on god could judge .what do you think about that fool
i think that your straight up stupid. how can only god judge when theres people like you to do the judging for him.thanks alot a--hole
Popo

Sullivan, IN

#20 Mar 15, 2008
I feel deep regret and sorrow for the young man's family, friends, and for the Greene County jail staff who had to deal with this situation. It is a shame to waste any life; especially one so young. A young man has lost his life; possibly he was lost long before his death. A mother and father have lost a son. Someone has lost a friend. Law enforcement ( jail staff included ) has lost another battle and will still continue to fight and probably take the blame.......
The bottom line is if you take enough of anything you will die. It doesn't matter who you are or why you take it; you cross the line and don't come back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Good Friday Censored in Bloomington Apr 21 Farouk Yousef 2
News Tips To Meth Team Lead To ArrestsFriday, March ... Apr 18 LoosersDuh 10
Pizza question from an out of towner (Apr '16) Apr 14 We miss Coach Knight 14
IU just got beat by Ft Wayne Apr 14 We miss Coach Knight 8
Sara Brooks is a SLUT! Apr 6 Justin 5
Bloomfield Music Thread (Dec '13) Apr 5 Musikologist 7
I think Lauren Spierer was setup. (Jun '11) Apr 3 Slim 64

Bloomfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance