Mom accused of leaving baby in car trunk

Mom accused of leaving baby in car trunk

There are 122 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jun 12, 2007, titled Mom accused of leaving baby in car trunk. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Prosecutors have charged a mother with locking her infant daughter in a car trunk and then lying to police by saying the baby was missing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Arcus Senilus

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Jun 12, 2007
Hang Her!
Outraged

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jun 12, 2007
I have been trying to have a baby for 2 years, and when I hear things like this it makes me sick. HOW IN THE WORLD could someone do this to a poor baby? GRRRR.
Ccc

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Jun 12, 2007
I think the mother should be locked in a trunk... It takes a sick person to do something to a child. She should never be able to have any kids with or around her again
EnoughIsEnough

Carmel, IN

#4 Jun 12, 2007
Sick ... Let the punishment fit the crime. Stick her in the trunk for hours until she soils herself and she can see how the baby would feel. I thought I had heard everything, this is just so sick. If you don't want to take care of your children - don't have sex and give birth in the first place! If you do have children and don't want to be a mommy, put them up for adoption.
Moron

Brookfield, WI

#5 Jun 12, 2007
What the hell is the matter with this waste of human flesh. I say execute her is the most inhumane, vicious, painful way possible (but make it last for days so the pain is extremely intense). Burn her alive in the center of town while people watch. This humanoid deserves to die a horrible death.
Amanda

United States

#7 Jun 12, 2007
with all of the options that a woman can take to ensure that her child is taken care of, it amazes me that they choose not too. There are safe places to take your child, police, hospital, fire dept. It's just sick
JoAnn

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Jun 12, 2007
This woman is in serious need of psychiatric care! What could possess a person to do something so awful to an infant is beyond me. Did she do this just to get attention? Did she try to blame the baby's father?? This doesn't sound like post-partum blues either....
Even tougher

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Jun 12, 2007
Wait, I can one up everyone. I say we poke her eyes out feed them to a dog, chop her up into little pieces and cook them .......am I the toughest yet?
Practical

Newburgh, IN

#10 Jun 12, 2007
I'm sure she'll claim insanity due to postpartem and get a slap on the wrist.

Interesting that her baby is 3.5 months old and it already has a stepfather...
JUST LITTLE OL ME

Brownsburg, IN

#11 Jun 12, 2007
OK.THE MOM IS IN JAIL W $21000 BOND.SHE CAN BOND OUT FOR $2000.SHES GOING TO SAY SHE HAS POST PARTUM DEPRESSION,SERVE 6MONTHS,GET PROBATION,HOUSE ARREST AND GET THE BABY BACK WITH THE PROMISE SHE'LL NEVER DO IT AGAIN.WAKE UP PEOPLE THIS IS THE WAY THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM IS IN INDY.
The Guv

United States

#13 Jun 12, 2007
What a piece of work. She makes the I-465 mom look like a princess. She will cost the taxpayers a very large amount for medical treatment, counseling, lawyers, etc. I am sure she will get the kid back sometime. What a shame, babies are the joy of life. Hope that she slips on a bar of soap while in custody, comes to her senses, and gives up the baby so it will ha\ve a chance.
Lets go Hoosiers

United States

#14 Jun 12, 2007
Moron wrote:
What the hell is the matter with this waste of human flesh. I say execute her is the most inhumane, vicious, painful way possible (but make it last for days so the pain is extremely intense). Burn her alive in the center of town while people watch. This humanoid deserves to die a horrible death.
This is America, not 1500s Europe. This is a terrible story, but to be honest, the posts on here worry me more than she does. I hope she gets the help she needs, but I think it may be beyond that for her. We only need to make sure she is not able/allowed to have anymore children. Her current children need to be given to a loving family who will raise them right, and the baby is hopefully in loving company now and will have no recollection of these events. That simply corrects the situation. Some people break with reality and do crazy things. With the world we live in and the way everything is posted all over the internet and tv almost like it is glamorized, you are going to continue to see unbelievably grotesque things happen like this. Beheadings, cutting babies from living mother's wombs while she is being hung alive, mass school shootings.....and on and on. Nothing surprises anymore.

I know its easy to say things on here becuase no one is going to hold anyone accountable for their comments, but this woman needs mental help, not execution in a public square. Perhaps you were joking on some level, but I doubt a bunch of people seeing this lady burn alive is somehow going to make them forget about what happened and instantly make their day all better. Maybe that is just me.....I hope not.
Kevin Taylor

United States

#15 Jun 12, 2007
I say sell her into the white slave trade in the Middle East - that tough enough for you.
single mom

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Jun 12, 2007
HOW IN THE HELL CAN ANYONE DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS? THIS IS SO SICK TO HEAR ABOUT THAT POOR BABY! IM JUST GLAD THAT SHE IS OK AND HOPEFULLY WILL BE PUT INTO GOOD HANDS. GOD BLESS THIS BEAUTIFUL CHILD AND DAMN THE MOTHER WHO IS SO STUPID AND SHOULD BE KICKED IN HER DUMB A$$!!!
Jrszabo

Zionsville, IN

#18 Jun 12, 2007
Arcus Senilus wrote:
Hang Her!
That would too good for , why not just lock her in a car trunk.
hater

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Jun 12, 2007
Arcus Senilus wrote:
Hang Her!
Give her the Chair!
okay

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Jun 12, 2007
Lets go Hoosiers wrote:
<quoted text>
This is America, not 1500s Europe. This is a terrible story, but to be honest, the posts on here worry me more than she does. I hope she gets the help she needs, but I think it may be beyond that for her. We only need to make sure she is not able/allowed to have anymore children. Her current children need to be given to a loving family who will raise them right, and the baby is hopefully in loving company now and will have no recollection of these events. That simply corrects the situation. Some people break with reality and do crazy things. With the world we live in and the way everything is posted all over the internet and tv almost like it is glamorized, you are going to continue to see unbelievably grotesque things happen like this. Beheadings, cutting babies from living mother's wombs while she is being hung alive, mass school shootings.....and on and on. Nothing surprises anymore.
I know its easy to say things on here becuase no one is going to hold anyone accountable for their comments, but this woman needs mental help, not execution in a public square. Perhaps you were joking on some level, but I doubt a bunch of people seeing this lady burn alive is somehow going to make them forget about what happened and instantly make their day all better. Maybe that is just me.....I hope not.
Then why don't you step forward and offer to take her kids?
shaniqua

United States

#21 Jun 12, 2007
Lets go Hoosiers wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah, an eye for an eye....put her in a trunk until the brink of death. Then throw her in prison.
Jim

Frankfort, IN

#22 Jun 12, 2007
What a tragedy!!! Thank the Lord the baby is doing fine!! Let's pray she doesn't ever get the baby back!!
heeeelloooo

United States

#23 Jun 12, 2007
One Nation Indivisible wrote:
Where was the Christian God in this situation? I thought God loves all of his children (apparently not that one). They say, "Jesus Saves!" I'm glad the Stepdad was there to "Save" the baby, because Jesus dropped the ball on that one. If Jesus truely loves he wouldnt have let that baby suffer...
Jesus was there. He performed the miracle of keeping that baby girl alive. He led the step-father to find her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr Labban's new Co Dr (Dr. Harris?) 40 min from my experience 46
David A. Turpin 44 Greene county Fri Callem out 1
Chandra Day and Jack Farmer Jr Fri Mommyloveskids5 2
Trista Taylor Fri Mommyloveskids5 2
News Celebration of literature opens Black History M... Feb 4 LoL 1
Hottest Mom in Linton? (Mar '12) Feb 1 Inquiring minds 6
Is Obama the worst President ever? (Jan '12) Feb 1 Gina 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bloomfield Mortgages