Former Karate Teacher Must Register A...

Former Karate Teacher Must Register As Sex Offender -- Courant.com

There are 14 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jul 26, 2007, titled Former Karate Teacher Must Register As Sex Offender -- Courant.com. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

A former Granby karate instructor serving a four-year prison sentence for touching a young student has been ordered to register as a sex offender for the next 10 years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

MeMe

Jamesville, NC

#1 Jul 26, 2007
The pig should have received more time in the big house.
xgolfer

Newington, CT

#2 Jul 26, 2007
There's a place in the priesthood for him.............
Lorie

Powder Springs, GA

#3 Jul 26, 2007
And how much drugs were we on that day??
Lorie

Powder Springs, GA

#4 Jul 26, 2007
Oh crap! wrong article scratch comment. Once a pedi alway a pedi!
Whatever

New Haven, CT

#6 Jul 27, 2007
Let's see....This is the second time in 20 years he's been convicted of a similar crime assaulting children and he only has to register as a sex offender for 10 years?!?
What happens to the NEXT crop of children with whom he comes into contact at year 11?!?
let justice be done

AOL

#8 Jul 27, 2007
Well put 'Whatever'. I am just thankful that the judge had enough insight to recognize what we are dealing with here, and at least impose the 4 yr prison sentence followed up with the sex offender status. Clearly the judge was listening to what was being exposed at the trial. Too bad the jury didnt do the same. Had the jury done their job we woudn't have to worry about our children ever being exposed to this lowlife again.
Liberalism is a disease

Granby, CT

#11 Aug 1, 2007
I happen to know for a fact that this karate school is a state licensed youth camp. The Dep't of Public Health was supposed to investigate all employees working there.

If this reprobate had a past conviction for a sex crime, why didn't they pick up on this?

Probably the same reason why the Cheshire murders were let out of jail.

Bureaucratic incompetence!
Liberalism is a disease

Granby, CT

#12 Aug 1, 2007
By the way, the Dept of Public Health is the same agency that is charged with the responsibility to inspect and licensed day care facilities in our state.

I fear for the safety of our children!
lets be clear here

United States

#14 Aug 2, 2007
yes they are a state licensed youth camp-but this was after the exposure of the pedophile.
Liberalism is a disease

Granby, CT

#15 Aug 2, 2007
And where did you get that information?
Liberalism is a disease

Granby, CT

#16 Aug 2, 2007
I belive that you are wrong. Please cite your source of information.
How stupid can someone be

Englewood, CO

#17 Aug 6, 2007
lets be clear here wrote:
yes they are a state licensed youth camp-but this was after the exposure of the pedophile.
Must have been one of those bureaucrats from the DPH. What the hell is going on over there? Are they affiliated with the Bureau of Parole and Pardons?
How stupid can someone be

Englewood, CO

#18 Aug 6, 2007
Here is part of the problem.

'I'm always optimistic that you can help somebody recover,' veteran state Rep. John Thompson, D-Manchester, says, opposing any mandatory imprisonment for any number of felonies.'Some people take a lot longer.'
britany

Hanover, NH

#19 Jun 29, 2008
OMG U SICK BASTARD. PEOPLE SHOULD BE ABLE TO TRUST THERE COACHES AND INSTRUCTERS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sun mart sunoco 15 hr Fuel stop 2
Pizza question from an out of towner May 18 Trolling Porpoise 5
quakenbush (Jan '13) May 18 Brian 4
News Police: Teen died after 65-foot jump into quarry (Jun '08) May 17 Trolling Porpoise 30
2016 graduation May 14 kay 1
Mike and Marci May 10 Joetta 2
hillary protects u.s. companies overseas Apr 30 landlord_2 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bloomfield Mortgages