Two Die In Crash Of Motorcycle

Full story: Hartford Courant

Carlo Pirulli, 34, of 144 Adelaide St., was riding east on the Route 4 connector, the Exit 39 on-ramp, when he failed to negotiate the on-ramp and left the roadway, state police Trooper Christopher McWilliams ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 59 Comments Last updated Sep 28, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
x cop

Fall River, MA

#1 May 26, 2008
i am really suprised this has not happened to more of these rocket riders.they buy bikes that belong on race courses not on the streets. A wheel stand at 80mph is cool but stupid!
Zro

Philadelphia, PA

#2 May 26, 2008
Were you there? Why do you speak this way!? The family is grieving and you post this comment.
No one deserves to die..
Zjess

Danville, PA

#3 May 26, 2008
I agree with ZRO, and X-cop...keep you stupid commments to yourself...why not say a prayer for the greiving family...It was an accident...
dippy

Groton, CT

#4 May 26, 2008
What a coincidence...Pappy's Run was yesterday too. I wonder if they were celebrating the freedom that comes with not having to wear a helmet.
Educate

United States

#5 May 26, 2008
Zjess wrote:
I agree with ZRO, and X-cop...keep you stupid commments to yourself...why not say a prayer for the greiving family...It was an accident...
Your reply was just as mean. I believe he/she was making an observation not a judgement. You're right this family needs prayer, but the public also needs to be educated about driving dangerous bikes, vehicles, etc. and sometimes the best auidence is one who is ready to listen due to a loss, which is unfortunate, but true. Let this be a lesson not an arugement.
Family Member

Vernon Rockville, CT

#6 May 26, 2008
They may have been stupid to not wear a helmet but show some respect. They have children left with no parents now because of this.
connecticut democrat

Middlefield, CT

#7 May 26, 2008
Stupidity is the only really mortal sin
Friend of the family

Wethersfield, CT

#8 May 26, 2008
the man had this bike for years. he knew how to ride it. it was a mistake that others should learn from and not ammo for other's arguments.
Family Member

New Britain, CT

#9 May 26, 2008
It was a terrible accident, now there is a wife with no husband and two children without a father.
Friend of family

Old Saybrook, CT

#11 May 26, 2008
it is a very sad day i didn't know him to well but he was a cousin of my cousin and worked with my father and uncle he was a good guy it was a terrible loss

RIP Carlo
Cristina D

Bristol, CT

#12 May 26, 2008
he was my couzin and i loved him very much and i am praying for his family...we all miss him and love him
RIP Carlo
Carlos D

Bristol, CT

#13 May 26, 2008
He was my cousin and I miss him.. and his family does need prayers. We all loved him.
passer-by

Katonah, NY

#14 May 26, 2008
Look the bottom line is this - its all very sad. I feel much worse for the innocent passenger whos fate was in the hands of the operator. I agree very much with x-cop, these bikes do not belong on the road! The people that drive them have no respect for the safety of others, no-less themselves. We all have witnessed the speeds at which they ride, blowing past cars at 100+ mph, it's a wonder how many accidents have been caused by them scaring other motorist. I don't think anyone really believes they deserved to die and I don't think anyone on this post really knows how it all happened - However, I do feel these bikes should be banned from our roads for the safety of all!!!! Sorry to both families
Frank the Tank

East Hartford, CT

#15 May 27, 2008
Reason 89 why motorcycles are dangerous. One minor mistake means your life. At least in a car you have a shot to survive.
Frank the Tank

East Hartford, CT

#16 May 27, 2008
Why would you choose to ride a motorcycle when you have children at home? To completely disregard your children is stupid and careless to get a "thrill" of riding a motorcyle. Obviously, I feel bad that they died in an accident, but to pick a risky hobby when you have responsibilities with children is just to careless for my liking.
Family Member wrote:
They may have been stupid to not wear a helmet but show some respect. They have children left with no parents now because of this.
Bottom Line

Glastonbury, CT

#17 May 27, 2008
Alot of bad choices were made by both the driver and the passenger which had a deadly result. Now both of their children will be the one's to suffer. Let this be a lesson learned to everyone to wear a helmet and to drive responsibly.
GSB native

Katonah, NY

#18 May 27, 2008
I totally agree with what you say here. More importantly - how come everyone feels so badly for him not the passenger?
Cromwell Taxplayer

Manchester, CT

#19 May 27, 2008
Family Member wrote:
And that's the real tragedy in this.

My understanding is both individuals left children behind without a parent.

Remember them in your prayers also.
Love RH

Hartford, CT

#20 May 27, 2008
These bike riders were all over the roads this weekend. Most were seen without helmets, proper attire, etc. I even saw one with a helmet, although it was proped up on the back of his bike,he wasnt wearing it!

This, as all accidents, are unfortunate and leave alot of hurt as a result, but are so preventable. These riders must show more responsibility and maturity on the road, especially when they are responsible for others.

Im sure speed was a factor in this accident, if he wasnt going fast, he most likely could have navigated the ramp, also no helmets were wore, why so careless???
God Of War

Hartford, CT

#21 May 27, 2008
x cop wrote:
i am really suprised this has not happened to more of these rocket riders.they buy bikes that belong on race courses not on the streets. A wheel stand at 80mph is cool but stupid!
Typical Charter Oak Terrace trash......Jeez. I hope his family have the bike insured becuaes I know he didn't and they'll have to pay for that little "accident"

too bad his dumba** doesn't know how to handle a "pocke bike" LOL

well, atleast it's one less criminal to worry about in Hartford.

Oh, yeah I know Adelaide is in Hartford, near the now-torn-down dirty projects Charter Oak...or was it Rice Heights.....the level of trash in there was all the same to me

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min lmao 46,315
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Yeah 1,100,230
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Truthforthought 18,871
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr J RULES 68,989
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 68,369
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 16 hr Pearl Jam 305,446
Find all students who are in Hartford Thu Mr Black 1
•••
•••
•••

Bloomfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••